List your top 7 Predator rifles

canyonblaster

I live in Maryland looking for best rifle I can buy for fox, bobcat, and coyote hunting. Looked at alot of rifles in the last 2 weeks. If you could list the top 7 name brand and caliburs and WHY. Will be hunting out west also.

Top 7? That's not going to make your decision any easier
lol.gif

I'll just list my top choice...Tikka.

Fox, bobcat and coyotes? I would suggest a .223.

Good luck on getting your first rig and welcome to the board.

.223 is hard to beat, cheap ammo, avail anywhere and not too bad on fur. I have a savage because it's cheap and accurate. .243 is great for long or windy shots. again ammo is avail. anywhere. I would imagine .243 is very hard on anything smaller than coyote. I have a ruger, accurate but more costly than savage. .22 hornet, not too loud near homes, easy on fur. Not real avail. at all stores. Mine is a CZ, nice light rifle. The hornet is no long range caliber out west though. I suppose I would recommend a .223 in the best rifle you can afford. Spend about as much on the glass as the rifle. You can't hit what you can't see around dawn and dusk and in shadows. Stay lower power on scopes and spend as much time practicing in hunting positions as you can. Welcome to Pm and good luck.

I have used .223, 22-250, 30-06, and starting next week will be using a cz527 in .221fb.

If I were going to have one Predator Only rifle it would be a savage in a 22-250. 22-250 is waay versatile IMO.

Sorry, but I can't see where anything constructive can come from a choice of seven.
Eight maybe, but seven, no way.

My top 7 Predator rifles are

Kimber 84M in .204 Ruger
Remington 700 6mm Remington
Winchester Model 70 .257 Roberts
Olympic Arms 20" Supreme Ultra Match .223
Olympic Arms SGW 16" Ultra Match .223
Remington 700 .270 Winchester
3 way tie between
Ruger M77 22 mag
Ruger M77 17HMR
Ruger M77 7mm WSM

first choice Sauer
Second Sako
Third Tikka
Fourth H&K
Fifth Sako
Sixth Savage
Seventh Maybe Winchester

Caliber #1-.22-250
#1.5-.223

Originally Posted By: tripod3first choice Sauer
Second Sako
Third Tikka
Fourth H&K
Fifth Sako
Sixth Savage
Seventh Maybe Winchester

Caliber #1-.22-250
#1.5-.223

What the WHAT ? No Remington? Are we in Russia?
grin.gif

Chupa

AR15 period....you dont even need to stay out in the field with it,,,,just leave it in the feild and its so mean,, it will drag critters right to your door for ya!!!!just lookin at mine right now,,,if it could talk it would say..."BANG,,BANG,,,BANG OH YEAH!! want some more??"BRAAAAPPP,,,BRAAAAP,,,take that sucka!"...ok did i mention ARs look really cool?.........X

Sorry no Rem's here. Sold them and got a Sako. The only Rem I regret selling is a Wingmaster .410. I did enjoy the nylon 66 but don't miss it. The 10/22 does fine.

Back