1. Cooper
2. Rem
3. Cooper
4. Rem
5. Cooper
6. Rem
7. Cooper
cool.gif

(I would imagine .243 is very hard on anything smaller than coyote.) They are pretty hard on coyotes too!
grin.gif
Sounds like a 223 is the gun of choice for his hunting! Ron

Originally Posted By: canyonblasterI live in Maryland looking for best rifle I can buy for fox, bobcat, and coyote hunting. Looked at alot of rifles in the last 2 weeks. If you could list the top 7 name brand and caliburs and WHY. Will be hunting out west also.

Not really enough info here. Are you saving pelts or looking for a red mist? Does it need to be a factory chamber?

Don't know about a top seven, instead I too will just list what I use most often.

Savage model 11 .223 because it gets the job done
Mossy 500 12 guage because it gets the job done
Marlin 783 micro groove .22mag because it gets the job done

Buy your self a good lower. Then you can buy any number of uppers and pull 2 pins when you want to change the game. As for the uppers if you reload here's what the uppers would be:
20pr
6x45
6mmwoa or 6mmdti
or 25dti
maybe 17/223
maybe 6.5 grendle

If you don't reload the choices drop a little
maybe 6x45
6.8spc
These will cover everything that you want to do.

Originally Posted By: canyonblasterI live in Maryland looking for best rifle I can buy for fox, bobcat, and coyote hunting. Looked at alot of rifles in the last 2 weeks. If you could list the top 7 name brand and caliburs and WHY. Will be hunting out west also.

There is no season on bobcats.Maryland closed that season decades ago and they're not giving any sign of opening a season on cats.

So your choices would be to select guns to hunt fox and coyote.

I would choose a rifle and a shotgun.Since so much hunting territory on the east coast is heavily wooded,the shotgun would be a natural choice.

Rem 7 204 Ruger
CZ 527 kevlar 223
RRA Predator 223
Vanguard 22-250
Ruger #1 22-250
Rem 700 SPSV 243
Rem 700 ADL 243
Savage 93 FVSS 22 mag

These are the 8 I would normally pick from for a predator hunt........

I will suggest that if it's going to take fox, then I would have to go with .22 Hornet if it is strictly a calling gun! You do mention out west, and if you'd like to take some longer shots(meaning over 200yards) then my guess would be .204 since fox is still a probability! If saving fur is not an issue, then hands down go with a 22-250. But remember, if you're calling them the majority of your shots will be in the 175yard or less range and that's a perfect job for the Hornet, especially if you're wanting to have minimal damage to the fur! As far as brand and model, I'll leave that up to everyone else to debate.

223,22-250,22LR,308 win in either rem 700 or howa rifles. From their the caliber and bullet all depends on if I want to save something like the hide or if I want to totally annihilate a predator. If shooting something like prairie dogs, then a round that won't heat up quick after a few shots and one that doesn't cost a small fortune to blow through 200-500rds in one sitting.
smile.gif

It's not likely that you'll find a rifle that's capable of taking Fox and Coyotes at distance, but the 221FB would come as close as any with the right loads.
Since CZ's the only production manufacturer that still chambers in 221, the choice is obvious.

Buy seven of em. LOL

Back