Best Ad of the Campagin

Quote:
Quote:
YOU ARE A LIBERAL PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!

yanno, I just have to say that I do see this as a TOS violation in the form of a personal attack on other members. And reviewing this thread, that was the 1st such shot fired in it.

JWP, you really need to get a grip.

Ditto.

And I really do appreciate how you guys mostly took the high road and just ignored this rather incendiary line that Stu quoted above, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Man what college do you attend jwp? I guess what I am asking is who is your professor, Ayres, or is it the Colorado professor that got himself fired for his lewed remarks? I couldnt remember his name, somebody refresh my memory!

Quote:
Man what college do you attend jwp? I guess what I am asking is who is your professor, Ayres, or is it the Colorado professor that got himself fired for his lewed remarks? I couldnt remember his name, somebody refresh my memory!

Ward Churchill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
Quote:
In the strictest sense, our young friend is correct. Unfortunately, those three basic duties of government, as specified in the Constitution, are not nearly as simple as they were 200 years ago when originally penned.

So you believe the Constitution is a LIVING document?

Did I say, or even imply that? No, it's not a living document, but throw that out there if you want. It is, however, ignorant to fail to recognize that the world has changed (evolved or devolved, that's open for discussion) significantly in the last two centuries. We don't have to adapt the Constitution or what it stands for, but we have no choice but to adapt the manner in which we enforce it and live by its requirements. Non-interventionism, or isolationism, is not, despite your desire to the contrary, a valid strategy in today's world. You ignore that at your peril.

Do we need to promote peace and freedom everywhere? No. If they don't mess with us, we shouldn't mess with them; on that we agree. However, we do need to bomb our attackers back to the stone age, and I'd rather see that happen in their back yard than in mine. And yeah, before you go there, I think we should pre-emptively strike a potential aggressor if we have reason to believe they are going to attack us or our interests, just like I believe Israel should bomb Iran back to the stone age for threatening them with a nuke attack. But hey that's just me.

I'll draw an analogy for you - You come into my house, punch my kid in the face, then threaten to keep it up, I'm gonna put a bullet in your head. It's that simple - and that's how I perceive the terrorist threat. Islamic extremist terrorists came into our house, killed 3,000 Americans, and have vowed to continue waging war against us and our way of life. (Not to mention countless other attacks that have gone basically unanswered.) For that, they should get my metaphorical bullet in the head. I see it this way jwp, it's us or them. I think it should be us, you seem to think it should be them. I say tomato you say surrender, whatever.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yanno, I just have to say that I do see this as a TOS violation in the form of a personal attack on other members. And reviewing this thread, that was the 1st such shot fired in it.

Ditto.

And I really do appreciate how you guys mostly took the high road and just ignored this rather incendiary line that Stu quoted above, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Java,

When my 5 year old throws a tantrum, I just ignore him and walk away. It seems to be good training for dealing with JWP.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ditto.

Java,

When my 5 year old throws a tantrum, I just ignore him and walk away. It seems to be good training for dealing with JWP.

Well put, Touch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Totch, you're right on there with the five year old, however, at my house we had a program that worked when ignoring them didn't,it was called time out, and it was amazingly effective for a period of time.I always felt it wasn't fair to subject the adults to the tantrums.

Desert Ram, very good analogy!

Quote:
Totch, you're right on there with the five year old, however, at my house we had a program that worked when ignoring them didn't,it was called time out, and it was amazingly effective for a period of time.I always felt it wasn't fair to subject the adults to the tantrums.

Gotta disagree there Blasta. The mods recently gave him a timeout and he's right back to his bad behavior. At the Dawghouse we don't have timeout. It's more like "knock you out."

Quote:
Quote:
Let me know how many of those Islamofacist terrorists were from Iraq...

Do you even realize that Saddam's regime was SECULAR, NOT Islamic??

Still waiting.

Quote:
Quote:

Gotta disagree there Blasta. The mods recently gave him a timeout and he's right back to his bad behavior. At the Dawghouse we don't have timeout. It's more like "knock you out."

I have to agree Dawg, I'll ignore when I can, but most times "knock you out" works better. Funny, my Daddy cured attention deficit disorder 30 years ago with a 38 inch leather belt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif No drugs required. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Exactly.

JWP

Problem is if some of these guys are still alive where did the others come from?????????

I dont think we really know.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Still waiting.

You gotta know who we're shooting over there, JW.

Most of the Islamofascists making up the growing body count are NON-Iraqi nationals who are simply in there stirring up trouble.

Now do you see the light, bud? We are fighting bad guys who are not native to that soil. Again, we are NOT at war with Iraq, REPEAT we are not at war with Iraq. We are fighting mostly non-Iraqi terrorists who happen to be in Iraq. Make sense?

The thing a lot of you isolationist-types don't seem to respond to is the fact that modern terrorist insurgents do not operate in accordance with traditional international borders. They bring war and mayhem to wherever they are. So, our good guy forces have to go where we can find them and then kill them wherever they are.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Still waiting.

You gotta know who we're shooting over there, JW.

Most of the Islamofascists making up the growing body count are NON-Iraqi nationals who are simply in there stirring up trouble.

Now do you see the light, bud? We are fighting bad guys who are not native to that soil. Again, we are NOT at war with Iraq, REPEAT we are not at war with Iraq. We are fighting mostly non-Iraqi terrorists who happen to be in Iraq. Make sense?

The thing a lot of you isolationist-types don't seem to respond to is the fact that modern terrorist insurgents do not operate in accordance with traditional international borders. They bring war and mayhem to wherever they are. So, our good guy forces have to go where we can find them and then kill them wherever they are.

java, you will have better luck talking to a doorknob, and i think you will get a more intelligent response.

sweatybetty I will have to agree with you....As I have stated before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I think JWP just likes to stir the pot and fire everyone up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

"Most of the Islamofascists making up the growing body count are NON-Iraqi nationals who are simply in there stirring up trouble."

Guess what, they werent there before we invaded.

"The thing a lot of you isolationist-types "

That would not include ME

Either you cant read, or choose not to comprehend. Lets try this again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-intervention

Quote:
"Most of the Islamofascists making up the growing body count are NON-Iraqi nationals who are simply in there stirring up trouble."

Guess what, they werent there before we invaded.

"The thing a lot of you isolationist-types "

That would not include ME

Either you cant read, or choose not to comprehend. Lets try this again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-intervention

Well, the 'Peace of Westphalia of 1648,' notwithstanding, I still think Bush was correct to invade Afghanistan and to clean out the roach motel that was Iraq. There we have engaged the enemy and killed him. There instead of here is a good thing, IMHO.

I have no doubt that had Gore been in office we would have suffered serious hits in our homeland subsequent to those of 9/11.

Just curious JW, have you ever piped in over on the PM military board, 'Military Predator Masters, on the field of battle,' and dialogued with the many PM'ers there we are proud to have as members who are in your age range and are currently serving in combat areas to ask them their first-hand opinions of our policy?

If so, how have they reacted to your views? I mean, they are actually there and engaging the enemy and all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Back