Best Ad of the Campagin

IT IS NOT OUR JOB TO "PROMOTE FREEDOM".

Freedom does carry a price, a price that the Iraqi people needed to pay themsleves if they wanted it so bad.

That "ad" is GARBAGE.

Government has 3 basic roles. To impose the rule of law, sound money and to protect IT'S citizens. That is what a military is for TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS AND THE COUNTRY ITSELF. NOT TO "LIBERATE" THE WHOLE DANG WORLD.

Anybody who believes our job is to be "World Police" IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE. YOU ARE A LIBERAL PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Freedom does carry a price, a price that the Iraqi people needed to pay themsleves if they wanted it so bad.

That "ad" is GARBAGE.

Government has 3 basic roles. To impose the rule of law, sound money and to protect IT'S citizens. That is what a military is for TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS AND THE COUNTRY ITSELF. NOT TO "LIBERATE" THE WHOLE DANG WORLD.

Anybody who believes our job is to be "World Police" IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE. YOU ARE A LIBERAL PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this would be a good time to point out the fact that you have taken your point of view, and let ANYONE who does not see your way know, that they are Liberal pieces of trash. Buckle your seat belts, this flight may encounter a bit of turbulance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....Go back to the mma threads Jwp, at least there you seem to know a little bit of what you're talking about.

Quote:

That "ad" is GARBAGE.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
Either you are just stiring the pot or you are just showing what a idiot you really are. Either way you are a idiot.

Many people have died so you can say the crap you are saying....

Come on and give JWP a break. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif A young fella like him does not have the wisdom nor experience to understand that sometimes Peace Making and Policing are in America's Stratagic Interests / Matters of National Security. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

After all he is still a college boy with no real world experience yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You know, this jwp guy is one of two that I have marked to ignore, and did not know what he said until I read the quote in another response.

Over the years, I have been called many things, including a piece of trash, but this is the first time I have been called a liberal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You, as an American, are certainly allowed your opinion, and from that opinion I can infer that you certainly must have a very high level of understanding of world politics, Middle East Politics, and America's role in such things. I think I can also infer that you are an isolationist.

Not sure how that would work out for the United States in today's world. But, I am sure you can enlighten me.

But, please don't.

One mans garbage is another mans treasure.

Isolationism in an option, just not a really good one. Thinking that the Unites States could seal themselves off and be O.K. is way too simplistic thinking in the modern world.

I understand the responsibilities of my government. If protecting me at home means military response abroad then it must be. However, I don't think I owe anyone an air conditioned apartment with cable and free food.

I take that back, I do owe American military veterans. Particularly those that have been wounded in service to me and my country. Most everyone else needs to be a contributing member of society.

In the strictest sense, our young friend is correct. Unfortunately, those three basic duties of government, as specified in the Constitution, are not nearly as simple as they were 200 years ago when originally penned. Now that we have the internet, global economy, rampant terrorism that could easily be in your back yard, and oh yeah, nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons of mass destruction, the actual implementation of those duties is considerably more complicated than in the days of our Founding Fathers. If we sit this one out, if we fail to "promote freedom," we will be attacked mercilessly. I'd rather be the ones with the upper hand showing no mercy than the ones taking it in the shorts because we don't have the balls to protect our citizens by aggressively seeking out and destroying those that would do us harm WHERE THEY LIVE. I want no part of another 9/11, and there's only one way to ensure that we don't get it - take the war somewhere else. There will be a war. For the time being, we get to choose where it is. Let's choose right.

Perhaps our pal JW forgot about Founding Father Presidents Thomas Jefferson and James Madison each sending the USMC--during the two "Barbary Wars"--to the Mediterranean to wipe out the (Muslim) Barbary Pirates, ie '...the shores of Tripoli...'?

I'd say Jefferson and Madison probably knew the proper role and function of our government.

Quote:
In the strictest sense, our young friend is correct. Unfortunately, those three basic duties of government, as specified in the Constitution, are not nearly as simple as they were 200 years ago when originally penned. Now that we have the internet, global economy, rampant terrorism that could easily be in your back yard, and oh yeah, nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons of mass destruction, the actual implementation of those duties is considerably more complicated than in the days of our Founding Fathers. If we sit this one out, if we fail to "promote freedom," we will be attacked mercilessly. I'd rather be the ones with the upper hand showing no mercy than the ones taking it in the shorts because we don't have the balls to protect our citizens by aggressively seeking out and destroying those that would do us harm WHERE THEY LIVE. I want no part of another 9/11, and there's only one way to ensure that we don't get it - take the war somewhere else. There will be a war. For the time being, we get to choose where it is. Let's choose right.

DesertRam has it right, imo. Besides, we can't just walk out of there now. I don't agree with jwp 100% so I guess I am one of those "Liberal piece of trash"? Funny, I am the only candidate for the State Senate here who has been endorsed Ron Paul. No other candidate has been endorsed by any other presidential candidate. I think maybe jwp is just having a bad day.

Quote:
I think maybe jwp is just having a bad day.

when the little short bus stopped at his house he wasnt ready to go so they left without him.

Quote:
Perhaps our pal JW forgot about Founding Father Presidents Thomas Jefferson and James Madison each sending the USMC--during the two "Barbary Wars"--to the Mediterranean to wipe out the (Muslim) Barbary Pirates, ie '...the shores of Tripoli...'?

I'd say Jefferson and Madison probably knew the proper role and function of our government.

That has zero relevance in this conversation. Yes the barbary pirates attacked OUR trade ships, they were dealt with.

What Jefferson DIDNT DO, was send our men in and COMPLETELY destroy their infrastructure and OVERTHROW their government. HE DIDNT send our military on a mission to "Promote Freedom". WHY? Because IT IS NOT THE ROLE OF GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!

I say again, IF YOU BELIEVE WE ARE "TEAM AMERICA, WORLD POLICE" YOU ARE A LIBERAL! You sure as [beeep] arent a REAL conservative....maybe just a CLOSET liberal.

By the way, its called Non-interventionism NOT (i'll repeat) IT IS NOT "isolationism".

If you dont know the difference, please read through the link and educate yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-intervention

Quote:
In the strictest sense, our young friend is correct. Unfortunately, those three basic duties of government, as specified in the Constitution, are not nearly as simple as they were 200 years ago when originally penned.

So you believe the Constitution is a LIVING document?

Islamofacist terrorists attacked several of our buildings via the planes they hijacked and killed all the occupants therein.

You said a necessary role of government was to: "...PROTECT THE CITIZENS AND THE COUNTRY ITSELF..."

I believe killing Muslim terrorists makes us those of us here in our country much, much safer. Better to fight them there than here, I say. Go Bush! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
YOU ARE A LIBERAL PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!

yanno, I just have to say that I do see this as a TOS violation in the form of a personal attack on other members. And reviewing this thread, that was the 1st such shot fired in it.

JWP, you really need to get a grip.

Quote:
Islamofacist terrorists attacked several of our buildings via the planes they hijacked and killed all the occupants therein.

You said a necessary role of government was to: "...PROTECT THE CITIZENS AND THE COUNTRY ITSELF..."

I believe killing Muslim terrorists makes us those of us here in our country much, much safer. Better to fight them there than here, I say. Go Bush! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Let me know how many of those Islamofacist terrorists were from Iraq...

Do you even realize that Saddam's regime was SECULAR, NOT Islamic??

It seems ignorance is bliss in your world.

Last edited:
Back