Your choice of optics

I have bought 4 new scopes this year, a china pentax [junk], a burris 4x12 compac rimfire, must be lined up perfect to see thru this scope. A barska 6x24 x30mm tac target, from 6 power to 24 power with the scope on bags the cross hair dropped 11in at 100 yards[junk] A 41/2 x14 Nikon buckmaster, this was the only scope that i thought was worth the money paid. Very happy with this one. ed

(8) Nightforce NXSs. (1) S&B PM2. (1) USO MST100. (1) 4x ACOG. (1) Nikon Tactical. (1) Nikon Buckmaster. (1) Sightron S1.

Originally Posted By: bobcatspotfeverI only have Nikon and Weaver scopes on all my guns.I think the best kept secret in scopes are the Weaver.It could be because they don't advertise much and alot of the big name Stores don't carry them much anymore.So they go unnoticed and most new shooters today have no clue how great the glass and reliability really are.Or if Weaver still even makes a scope today.You get a lot of scope for the money! Take the Weaver rimfire series.The fixed 4x or the 2-7 power are about as good as it gets on a .22.The Leupold in the same rimfire class cost twice as much and the glass is not near as clear or crisp.I had a hard time shooting squirrels in the head with a Leupld fixed 4x rimfire so I sold it and bought another weaver.I have no problem now cause I can see much clearer outta my fixed 4x weaver rimfire.
Yup-I like the Weaver's too

High end I love the US optics. American made, off the hook customer service
and warranty. Tougher than anything else on the market and wonderful glass.
I also have a swaro which has as good of glass as the USO's but not near the
strength or features. Then leupold and burris are next in line, I give a slight
edge to burris in glass but like the lupy's better overall. I have one cheap konus and it has very bright glass with an etched reticle but isn't built anywhere near the standards of a nikon, lupy or burris.

Last edited:
I have several Ziess and a couple of Burris FF2's some simmons on a few 22's and a Kahles but to me there's none better than the Ziess

Originally Posted By: TheOpticZoneI am kind of bias, but I have a Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32 on my air rifle, a Clearidge Ultra XP 4.5-14x40 on my .17HMR and I have a Clearidge Ultra XP5 2.5-12.5x42 on my deer rifle. My opinion, they are the best scopes for the money.

Bought my latest Leupold VX-3 from Jon, and I'm very happy with the transaction. It was as good as it gets, as I had the scope just a few days after ordering it from Jon and his wife.

Scopes I have, in no particular order:

Mitchell 2 1/2", 32X Target scope.
Unertl 1 1/2", 24x Target scope.
BSA 24x, Target scope.
Bushnell Scopechief, two.
Leupold scopes, Many...
grin.gif
including five old 3x scopes.
Weaver, three V-16's, a 4x and a 2-7 Rimfire,
including four old El Paso Steel tube scopes.
Swarovski AV scopes, two.
Swarovski PF 6x42, one.
Zeiss Conquest scopes, two.
Schmidt and Bender, one 4x36.
EOTech sights, two.

I've got 11 Leupolds and 1 old Weaver 1.5x steel tube.
(1)M8 4x
(1)4x pistol scope
(1)old 6x with AO
(1)2-7x vari-x IIc shotgun scope
(1)Vari-x III 4.5-14 AO
(4)4-12 VXII AO
(2)6-18 VXII AO
My favorite all around scope is the VXII 4-12 AO with a fine duplex reticle.

I messed up BAD Saturday and looked through a Zeiss and a Swarovski at the gun shop. Boy was that a mistake!
blush.gif

Here's my Cooper squirrel rifle with a 4-12:

CooperLimit004.jpg

Last edited:
The last few scopes that I have purchased were Burris FF2's Balistic plex. I can't complain about these scopes either.
I haven't mounted the 4.5 to 14 yet. I don't know what to put it on, the 243 for deer hunting, or the 22-250.

on Rem 700 VSFII 223cal
IOR Valdada 10x56 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope
Specifications
Weight (oz): 23

Illuminated MP-8 Dot
Length (in): 13.5
Eye Relief (in): 3.75
Field of View @ 100yds (ft): 15
Exit Pupil (mm): 5.6

Ok I'm thrifty.
whistle.gif

Ruger M77 .270 Win Tasco 4x40mm
Ruger M77 MKII .308 Win Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40mm
Stevens model 200 .223,22-250,.243 and 7mm08 Tasco 6-24x40mm
Izhevsk M91/30 7.62x54R Ukraine repro 3.5 PU

I own a USO ST-10 and love it. But recently I ave been diggin the IOR's and thinking of getting one in some flavor. But until then... 1 USO and 3 Bushnell Elite's(2-3200's and 1 4200)

Chupa

I've got 1 Leupold, 1 Nikon Monarch, 2 Nikon Buckmasters, 1 Bushnell 3200, 1 Weaver Grandslam, 1 Burris FFII, and an old Mauser(made in Japan).

I go from one end of the spectrum to the other. Right now I have Swift, Bushnell, Pentax, Nikon and Leupold on my rifles. Price usually dictates what I buy. I'm not afraid to buy something to try out if it's cheap enough. I'm leaning toward Nikon (3) right now.

Right now. I have 17 leupold's, one nightforce, one bsa and one bushnell.

When I buy a rifle a leupold goes on it.

Originally Posted By: fw707The big brown truck brought me a new Zeiss this evening.

What Zeiss scope did you buy?
I'm starting to dig their Conquests, recently buying a fixed 4x and a 3-9x40. Both of these scope have 4" of eye relief, and very good glass. Conquests are assembled here in the US too.

Back