Yep I did it. I shot my Foxpro!

One day I was hunting with a friend, I had my shotgun and he had his rifle. I was positioned down in a little bowl and he was positioned above me and to my left. The foxpro was on top of a dike. After we were calling a bit out of nowhere, a coyote jumps up on the dike, stops and just stares at the caller. I instinctively pull up my gun and nail the coyote. Again this was a shotgun and all around the coyote and the foxpro dirt flew. First I thought ALLRIGHT!, then I thought owe no, my foxpro. Thank fully I didn't hit the caller.

That sucks man, but it happens. Live and learn right? If I had a dollar for every silly thing I've done I'd have a new Shockwave right now...

I was just thinking about this thread and thought I'd share a little story... as I slammed the pickup door on the mouth peice of the Alfa dog wolf howler that I bought yesterday... after driving an hour at 0'dark thirty on icy roads... just so you guys know, the plastic isn't as tough as a pickup door!

Sorry you shot your Foxpro. I know I could do it as juiced up as I got with my first two dogs.

I might put a small piece or two of that reflective tape on my caller so I'll know what it is. Maybe two different colors to be sure it's not an eye. It would help find it in the dark too, when you're done.

Originally Posted By: Yoteless in OhioMan. That beats the time I shot a hole in an unmarked high pressure gas line while trying to kill a woodchuck.

No, I think you're still in 1st!

BTW, FoxPro has a unit in their display room (museum or whatever they call it) that someone shot. So you're definitely not the first. Even better was that the unit that was shot had reflective tape on it. Explain that one. They do make it a point to mention it during the tour. So, if you want some continuous love from FoxPro, send that baby in with the story and I’m sure you’ll be the newest name in the display room…

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerThe main thing about night hunting (any hunting really) is that you need to be sure of your target. You might hit what you are aiming at.

That is what I was thinking... Always get 100 percent positive ID on the target first. Never just shoot at glowing objects if you can't clearly ID what it is.

I haven't shot my FX5 but I had a doe try to stomp it to death. I was playing a jackrabbit sound and she came charging in and didn't even slow down. Man, did she come unglued when I switched to a challenge howl!

Back