Would like to see some bird dog pix.

This is Briar. She is a pup that we raised. Here she is at 9 months old on her first point on a wild Pheasant.

Briar_Drumm.jpg

This is Liz. Liz is also 9 months old in this picture. This pup has had more quail shot over her in her first year than most dogs get in a lifetime. Her owners raise quail and release them in the spring so there is no shortage of birds to hunt.

Liz.jpg

There is just no way posting these pictures could be complete without including Gus. Gus was not set up for this picture. Jen and Alan took him on a trip with them a couple of days after he had arrived. He just happened to lay down by the fishing pole.........a true natural fisherdog!!!

JensFishingBuddy.jpg

Quote:
This is Briar. She is a pup that we raised. Here she is at 9 months old on her first point on a wild Pheasant.

Briar_Drumm.jpg

I am sorry for my poor knowledge, but is this a GSH?

Smokin250 - I am assuming you mean GSP and yes all the pictures I have posted are German Shorthaired Pointers that are solid liver in color. Liver isn't one of the most common colors but it is one of the registered colors that a Shorthaired can be if that is what you are wondering about. A lot of the top dogs in the German Shorthaired history have been solid liver. These dogs are very heavily Greif bred bloodlines.

[image]http://s420.photobucket.com/albums/pp285/IndianaAce3/?action=view&current=WiconsinHunt08043.jpg[/image]

Ah shoot! One of these times, I'm gonna figure out how to post pics.

Last edited:
Smokin250 - Thanks. I too also like the color but like what's between their ears even more. Very strong retrievers, pointing and come to honoring very naturally.
Here is a picture at just a few days old.

Puupies_08001_2.jpg

Eventually she'll know what's going on in the field.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Mia's now a 4 months (German Shorthair)... We're looking forward to next season when she'll have more of clue what we're doing in the field. My boys and I just happened to stumble accross 3 birds in a late day 30 minute hunt last week. It was our 1st day of the year out and Mia's 1st as well... She's waaaay to young in my mind to be on wild birds but I figured I'd get her out to see what she does anyway. It'll be one day at time at this point as we wait for next season to come when she'll be a year.
The 1st dead bird she ran circles around it and barked (HYSTERICAL to watch... hilarious!)... eventually played a little fetch with it. Same with the 2nd. The 3rd bird she did do full retrieves the last 5-6 times I threw the bird for her (I took each bird and tried to play fetch with her for about 5 minutes or so with each). At a whopping 25lbs she drug it back to me with whatever she could grab... dragging it to me by the head a couple times and drug it to me with the wings others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif NOW, if I can just turn her nose on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif She's purely out for a run right now but certainly runs well for a pup.
Today I took my father-in-law out and we lost both birds I downed. frustating... not because of her but I couldn't find them myself. I certainly don't expect her to find them at this point but my previous Brit spoiled us rotten and we lost VERY few birds with. But she was once a pup too and wasn't as perfect as I remember her as. I forgot how tough it can be without a dog... or at least without an experienced dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Our GSP pup though is certainly turning us into GSP fans. She's tremendous with my kids and very eager to learn. An absolute sweet pup to be around... and almost to bright already for her own good.

The top and bottom pics were taken the day of the hunt when we got home... at 4 months.
The 2 middle pics were taken just shy of 3 months...

Btw... lots a great pics in this thread guys...

100_2372.jpg

100_2332-1.jpg

100_2338-1.jpg

100_2377.jpg

Those are some pretty GSP's. I am taking Gus out on Sat hopefully to a local ranch that is a game preserve, that has Quail and Pheasants. I just want to get him polished up for the upcoming season. One of the guys asked me if I would be interested in guiding for them with Gus. 150.00 a day isn't too bad I didn't think.

Back