Wilderness Wolf Hunting

That is a monster of a predator. Thanks for the amazing write-up. Feels like I was there with you.

If I may suggest...

You may want to look into your local resell site (Craigslist, Facebook, etc) and try to source a used GoPro. They are compact, light, easy to pack and incredibly durable. They also happen to have a timer setting that will take photos as quickly as every half second. You could also set it to record the highest definition and then upload the footage to your PC and then export still frames from the recording to get the perfect image. The newer ones work better in low light but any will do well during the day. A small tripod to pack and you'll be good to go.

You Sir may be the only other person on here that has shot at a grey wolf with A 416.
In fact the last time I shot at a wolf was with my first 416 Remington. But I underestimated the range. Thot he was 300 yards and held for that but the wolf was 400 yards away. A friend and I got into a pack of 16 wolves one time while black bear hunting after work in Ratz Harbor on Prince of Wales Is. I had a Williams peep sight on that rifle. And had he been 300 yards away. The 400 gr Swift A Frame would have poked a big hole right thru his pump. As it was I splattered him with mud. The pack was fishing salmon in the crik there. As it is my friend killed 2 out of that pack that afternoon.
Congratulations !!
Beautiful wolf !!
P.S. a good stout walking stick is real handy for packing heavy loads.

Last edited:
Back