Which bolt action?

Originally Posted By: pyscodogBuy once cry once.

Bill , did you really say this ? !!!!!

lol.gif

Kimber would be the way I would go for a pure Coyote/carry rifle. Kimber Montana is my choice, but you will be hard pressed to find one in either caliber you mentioned. You may be able to find one in those calibers in the Kimber Hunter model.
I have a Kimber Montana in factory 204 and love it, so much so I'm now building one on that same platform and once again in 204. The donor for this project was a Kimber Montana in 223.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogYes I did. Did I say something wrong?

Nothing wrong, just funny to me. I know your track record for buying, selling and trading to keep the cycle flowing.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: K22Kimber would be the way I would go for a pure Coyote/carry rifle. Kimber Montana is my choice, but you will be hard pressed to find one in either caliber you mentioned. You may be able to find one in those calibers in the Kimber Hunter model.
I have a Kimber Montana in factory 204 and love it, so much so I'm now building one on that same platform and once again in 204. The donor for this project was a Kimber Montana in 223.

Another product a guy should have hoarded away....

SS 700s ( the smooth ones), 22 LR and mag ammo and Montana's in 223.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: pyscodogYes I did. Did I say something wrong?

Nothing wrong, just funny to me. I know your track record for buying, selling and trading to keep the cycle flowing.
grin.gif

Well Tim you do have a good point there. I do buy sell and trade a lot. Just keeps something new and different to play with. But I do have a few that will never leave. Hey, I got this motto that has worked for years...Buy high, sell cheap. LOL, bought a new shotgun today. Remington 1100 Competition 12 gauge. Got to do something with this dam virus going around. May as well buy guns.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: K22Kimber would be the way I would go for a pure Coyote/carry rifle. Kimber Montana is my choice, but you will be hard pressed to find one in either caliber you mentioned. You may be able to find one in those calibers in the Kimber Hunter model.

Another product a guy should have hoarded away....

SS 700s ( the smooth ones), 22 LR and mag ammo and Montana's in 223.
wink.gif

That and the 204 Montana.
I had 2 of them and rebarreled one to a 17 Rem.
As much as I love the 17 Rem. I should have left that one alone.
crazy.gif
grin.gif

I would look a ruger if I was getting a 22 250. The American I think it is has a 1@10 twist. I use my 22 250 filling doe tags. I have a 22 250 and 22 250AI. Going to buy a ruger so I can shoot a heavier bullet.

For what its worth, my Kimber Montana in 223 Rem is going to stay just that way as long as I'm alive. Its a joy to carry and to shoot.......

I've never done any "blending" with Kimber rifles, but I know K22 has done it and has had great success. Hopefully his new adventure in that direction will also be as equally satisfying.

As for 22-250 rifles, I own a bunch of them and two of my favorites are a couple of stainless Tikka T-3 rifles. They are identical in outward appearance, but one has a traditional 1-14" twist barrel and the other has a 1-8" twist barrel.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan

As for 22-250 rifles, I own a bunch of them and two of my favorites are a couple of stainless Tikka T-3 rifles. They are identical in outward appearance, but one has a traditional 1-14" twist barrel and the other has a 1-8" twist barrel.

Never owned a 22-250 for some reason. Should put that on my own it list.
rolleyes.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeK22,
You did the right thing making it a 17 Rem. It helps balance the 17 Rems I tore down....grin

You did what???? Blasphemy! That is blasphemy!!!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

grin.gif

My .17 Rem dont get shot as much ever since I got my cute little .17 Hornet. But not to have one after 40 years? Blasphemy! Knocked the crap out of a big fat rock chuck and one of Chuck Nagel's bullets couple months back.

Originally Posted By: RustydustMy .17 Rem dont get shot as much ever since I got my cute little .17 Hornet. But not to have one after 40 years? Blasphemy! Knocked the crap out of a big fat rock chuck and one of Chuck Nagel's bullets couple months back.

Ya, that's the spirit.

17 Rem.'s rule...............
glare.gif

You did hear that right Tim?!
closedeyes.gif

Originally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: RustydustMy .17 Rem dont get shot as much ever since I got my cute little .17 Hornet. But not to have one after 40 years? Blasphemy! Knocked the crap out of a big fat rock chuck and one of Chuck Nagel's bullets couple months back.

Ya, that's the spirit.

glare.gif

closedeyes.gif

Old school stuff ... 17-204 is where it's at now...grin

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: K22
Rustydust said:
My .17 Rem dont get shot as much ever since I got my cute little .17 Hornet. But not to have one after 40 years? Blasphemy! Knocked the crap out of a big fat rock chuck and one of Chuck Nagel's bullets couple months back.

Ya, that's the spirit.

glare.gif

Yeah, OK- but what to do with the over 1,000 rounds of .17 Rem stuff I got on the shelf? I know! Prairie dog trip! Who wants to come along?

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: K22Originally Posted By: RustydustMy .17 Rem dont get shot as much ever since I got my cute little .17 Hornet. But not to have one after 40 years? Blasphemy! Knocked the crap out of a big fat rock chuck and one of Chuck Nagel's bullets couple months back.

Ya, that's the spirit.

glare.gif

closedeyes.gif

The "Old School" stuff is so practical and pretty macho if I do say so myself.
grin.gif

Now this "New School" stuff, well, what can I say....um.....cute. Ya, that's the word......cute.
whistle.gif
sneaky2.gif

Back