Which bolt action?

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: Tgunz64Tikka T3x or Bergara B14 Ridge Rifle.

Also very good rifles from my experience.

Still wondering what psycho might have against owning a Kimber rifle, or if he has ever owned one....?

I have nothing against Kimbers. I had one in 243 and a Govt. 22 and a 1911. I think your just wanting to start another argument. Like I said, I just like Cooper rifles. Nothing against Kimbers at all.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: Tgunz64Tikka T3x or Bergara B14 Ridge Rifle.

Also very good rifles from my experience.

Still wondering what psycho might have against owning a Kimber rifle, or if he has ever owned one....?

I have nothing against Kimbers. I had one in 243 and a Govt. 22 and a 1911. I think your just wanting to start another argument. Like I said, I just like Cooper rifles. Nothing against Kimbers at all.

Quit being a victimized putsy. Just trying to get some clarification to yet another one of your vague posts.

Not being anything. I've told you twice I had nothing against Kimber but that doesn't seem good enough for you. I'll speak slow and loud this time.....I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST KIMBER RIFLES.

you should just block him psycodog.. he's obviously never going to let whatever old feud go.

its not worth getting worked up over someone who's stuck in the past without hope of moving forward.

Can't go wrong with most of the name brand rifles listed in these posts. I have been considering another bolt action myself, and what does vary between the manufactures is the twist rate for the same calibers. Depending on what you are shooting or what bullet weight you intend to shoot, might disqualify one brand or another.

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneyou should just block him psycodog.. he's obviously never going to let whatever old feud go.

its not worth getting worked up over someone who's stuck in the past without hope of moving forward.

You know he is right, Bill. Whiney will never cease and desist being a total azzhole. He knows not how. I blocked him years ago and never regretting it. You need to block the immature creep again and leave him blocked this time. He offers nothing but sarcasm and criticism and you know it. Too bad that the administrators did not kick him off long ago.

Originally Posted By: Rustydust

You know he is right, Bill. Whiney will never cease and desist being a total azzhole. He knows not how. I blocked him years ago and never regretting it. You need to block the immature creep again and leave him blocked this time. He offers nothing but sarcasm and criticism and you know it. Too bad that the administrators did not kick him off long ago.

i dont so much have a problem with sarcasm and criticism - except when its done solely for the purpose of being a disruptive twit.

used properly both can be quite effective and actually bring a conversation to where it needs to be. but there's gotta be benefit from them, and the criticism should also come along with a solution.

used improperly - repeatedly - is when the block button comes into play. as noted... if you're just being a sphincter over and over and over and not adding anything even remotely constructive... bye felicia.

and in this case, jumping on someone giving input, just to try to start a troll fight - after doing so on many occassions in the past - is a perfect example. the only things its managed to do is derail the remainder of the thread. useless. actually worse than useless as its stopped a potentially productive conversation.

Originally Posted By: AWSHowa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard are nice rifles, everyone loves their Tikka's, Rem. I like them, I haven't owned a Ruger bolt action but I do like the short action RSI and a Model 70 is classy. I shoot Savages(5), Rem(2), Sako(1), Win Mod 70(1) and a Howa Mini. No brand loyalty here. I'm always on the lookout for a inexpensive 222 Rem bolt action preferably a Howa Mini, Mini Mauser or Sako L-461 note inexpensive, I want a shooter not a safe queen.

I second this opinion! I have one in 243 that is sooo accurate.
Chamber is so that you have to screw the full length die in all the way just to bump the shoulders of the fired case back.

I am going to vote for a Remington 700 for the simple fact that you can now screw in a new remage barrel yourself after you shoot out the first one. This summer I re-barreled two rifles using criterion remage barrels. Super easy and they shoot fantastic!

Originally Posted By: wyomanI am going to vote for a Remington 700 for the simple fact that you can now screw in a new remage barrel yourself after you shoot out the first one. This summer I re-barreled two rifles using criterion remage barrels. Super easy and they shoot fantastic!

There are Howage barrels available

Another vote for Tikka. I have a T-3 Lite in .22-250 and it is a shooter. It is also light and a great carry/calling gun. One of the most smooth actions out there and price is right.

As far as a smooth action and no magazine, I'd vote Howa 1500. It's almost as smooth as a Tikka. Tikka wins all categories except that they use a magazine.

My Ruger Hawkeye All Weather is a great 22-250. 1/2 moa from an all stock gun. But it’s a 1:14 twist so that limits me to 55gr and under. And unfortunately they don’t make them anymore. But those 50gr v max Superformance bullets are laser beams in this gun. My average velocity is 3940 from factory loads. Someday I’m going to buy a 6mm creedmoor to fill the gap between the 22-250 and my larger caliber guns.

Erikc838
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
If u can find a tc venture 204 ruger gets my vote. I seen one for sale the other day. I have 2 I wont sell mine. 1@10 and the clip I like that. I bought a tc venture predator 204 ruger. It come with 5 clips. I got 2 besides them 5.

Ruger M77,Remington 700ADL or Savage. If it were me I'd get a Savage Axis 2 and call it good or the Model 10 if you're not worried about the price as much. I'm more of less talking about the 22-250. I shot a Howa Ranchland 1500 in .204 for a while and it was a nice rifle. I just didn't care too much for the .204 for coyotes. I'd rather have the 22-250 if you're planning on shooting coyotes beyond 300 yards.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogIf your thinking Kimber, throw a few more bucks in the pile and get a Cooper. Buy once cry once.

I like both Cooper and Kimber rifles, but for different applications. For a pure hunting rife, I'd pick a Kimber every time.

I agree.....

Back