Where is the Birthcertificate Billboards?

The reporter asking this question is Les Kinsolving is a Baltimore talk radio guy. Note how Gibbs DODGES the question:

Thursday, May 28, 2009

WND AT THE WHITE HOUSE
WorldNetDaily Exclusive
Hee-haw! Obama flack laughs off birth certificate question
'It's on the Internet, Lester,' claims Gibbs at White House briefing

Posted: May 27, 2009
6:35 pm Eastern
WorldNetDaily

Presidential spokesman Robert Gibbs bends over laughing at a question over Obama's eligibility

WASHINGTON – Somebody finally asked Barack Obama's White House press secretary about the president's elusive birth certificate.

When asked by WND White House correspondent Les Kinsolving why the president, who has pledged transparency in his administration, would not release his long-form birth certificate to establish his constitutional eligibility for office, spokesman Robert Gibbs guffawed in unison with members of the Washington press corps about the concerns of 400,000 petitioners who have demanded it.

"Are you looking for the president's birth certificate?" he asked incredulously. "Lester, this question in many ways continues to astound me. The state of Hawaii provided a copy with the seal of the president's birth. I know there are apparently at least 400,000 people – (laughter) – that continue to doubt the existence of and the certification by the state of Hawaii of the president's birth there, but it's on the Internet because we put it on the Internet for each of those 400,000 to download. I certainly hope by the fourth year of our administration that we'll have dealt with this burgeoning birth controversy."

It was the first time any member of the press corps has publicly asked a member of the administration a question directly related to Obama's constitutional eligibility for office as a "natural born citizen."

The question comes as the controversy is heating up nationally – sparked in part by a new billboard campaign asking the question: "Where's the birth certificate?" The campaign has also raised more than $50,000 in contributions from the public.

The ongoing petition campaign was launched several months ago by WND Editor and Chief Executive Officer Joseph Farah. Just last week, Farah announced the billboard campaign to raise public awareness of the fact that Obama has never released the standard, "long-form" birth certificate that would show which hospital he was born in, the attending physician and establish that he truly was born in Hawaii, as his autobiography maintains.

The "Certification of Live Birth" posted online and widely touted as "Obama's birth certificate" does not in any way prove he was born in Hawaii, since the same "short-form" document is easily obtainable for children not born in Hawaii. The true "long-form" birth certificate – which includes information like the name of the birth hospital and attending physician – is the only document that can prove Obama was born in Hawaii, but to date he has not permitted its release for public or press scrutiny.

Oddly, though congressional hearings were held to determine whether Sen. John McCain was constitutionally eligible to be president as a "natural born citizen," no controlling legal authority ever sought to verify Obama's claim to a Hawaiian birth.

Both the petition and the billboard campaign are part of what Farah calls an independent "the truth and transparency campaign."

At today's White House briefing, Gibbs was contentious with Kinsolving before he ever asked his question. Calling on WND's longtime correspondent, he said: "Lester, I'm a glutton for punishment."

Kinsolving said: "Thank you, thank you, very much. Just one question concerning what the president said in his speech on Thursday, and I quote, 'I ran for president promising transparency, and I meant what I said. This is why, whenever possible, we will make information available to the American people so they can make informed judgments and hold us accountable.' End of quote. Do you remember that statement?"

Gibbs: "I can confirm that he said that."

Kinsolving: "Good. In consideration of this very good promise of transparency, why can't the president respond to the petition to requests of 400,000 American citizens by releasing a certified copy of his long-form birth certificate listing hospital – (laughter) – 400,000. …"

Gibbs: "Are you looking for the President's birth certificate?"

Kinsolving: "Yes."

Gibbs: "It's on the Internet, Lester."

Kinsolving: "No, no, no -- the long form listing his hospital and physician." (Laughter.)

Gibbs: "Lester, this question in many ways continues to astound me. The state of Hawaii provided a copy with the seal of the President's birth. I know there are apparently at least 400,000 people – (laughter) – that continue to doubt the existence of and the certification by the state of Hawaii of the president's birth there, but it's on the Internet because we put it on the Internet for each of those 400,000 to download. I certainly hope by the fourth year of our administration that we'll have dealt with this burgeoning birth controversy."

And with that, Gibbs ended the briefing.

"This is what the White House thinks of American citizens who take the Constitution seriously," said Farah in response to Gibbs' response. "I think I speak for the 400,000 petitioners when I say disregard for the Constitution is no laughing matter."

Farah was pleased, however, that the question was finally asked of a member of the administration – in public and on the record. He said it is likely to provide new impetus to the petition and billboard campaigns.

The first sign to be posted under the week-old campaign, a digital, electronic one, is up and online on Highway 165 in Ball, La. – the result of a donation by the owner. In addition, based on the heavy volume of financial donations in the first two days of the campaign, WND was able to commit to leasing two more standard billboards – one in Los Angeles and the other in Pennsylvania. It will take several weeks to get those billboards up because of the vinyl printing and shipping involved. Yesterday, WND agreed to lease another electronic billboard in Orange County, Calif.

Birth certificate question being raised in Ball, La.

While the campaign is off to a robust start, many viewers have asked why Obama's name is not included in the billboard. Farah said the matter was carefully considered.

"There are several reasons we chose the message: 'Where's the birth certificate?'" he explained. "There is only one birth certificate controversy in this country today – despite the near-total absence of this issue from coverage in the non-WND media. This is a grass-roots issue that resonates around the country, as our own online petition with nearly 400,000 signers suggests. In addition, I like the simplicity of the message. I like the fact that the message will cause some people to ask themselves or others about the meaning of the message. It will stir curiosity. It will create a buzz. I'm assuming when these billboards are springing up all over the country, it might even make some in the news media curious. And there's one more factor that persuaded me this was the way to go.

"Come 2012, campaign laws will pose restrictions on political advertising mentioning the names of presidential candidates. This one clearly doesn't. I would like to see the federal government make the case that this is somehow a political ad," he said.

Farah said the campaign was born of frustration with timid elected officials in Washington, corrupt judges around the country and a news media that show a stunning lack of curiosity about the most basic facts of Obama's background – especially how it relates to constitutional eligibility for the highest office in the land.

"As Obama transforms this country from self-governing constitutional republic to one governed by a central ruling elite, the simple fact remains that no controlling legal authority has established that he is indeed a 'natural born citizen' as the Constitution requires," Farah said. "Obama's promises of transparency have become a bad joke as he continues to hide simple, innocuous documents like his birth certificate and his student records."

The idea behind the billboard campaign is to make sure Obama cannot avoid this question any longer. He must be asked to produce it at every turn, Farah says. Billboard space is currently being hunted in Houston, Dallas, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle and other metro areas.

"Is it unusual for a news agency to launch such a campaign?" asks Farah. "Yes it is. But we live in very unusual times. The founding fathers built special protections into the First Amendment for the free press. The reason they did that is because they understood a vibrant 'Fourth Estate' was necessary as an independent watchdog on government. It is in that tradition that WND assumes this role – since nobody else in the press will do it."

WND previously launched a petition campaign that has collected more than 375,000 names demanding Obama's eligibility be verified and demonstrated publicly. That campaign continues. That list has been shared with members of the Electoral College and the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.

"I wish such a campaign were not absolutely necessary," said Farah. "I wish there were checks and balances in our political and electoral systems to ensure that constitutional eligibility of presidential candidates was established before politicians could assume the highest office in the land. I wish my colleagues in the news media believed the Constitution really means what it says and pressed this issue as hard as we have pressed it at WND. I wish radio talk-show hosts were bold enough to ask this question. But wishing is not enough. It's time to raise the visibility of this issue vital to the rule of law in America. I ask everyone to pitch in and help WND make a simple yet profound statement: The Constitution still matters."

Your donation – from as little as $5 to as much as $1,000 – can be made online at the WND SuperStore. (Donations are not tax-deductible. Donations of amounts greater than $1,000 can be arranged by calling either 541-474-1776 or 1-800-4WND.COM. If you would prefer to mail in your contributions, they should be directed to WND, P.O. Box 1627, Medford, Oregon, 97501. Be sure to specify the purpose of the donation by writing "billboard" on the check. In addition, donations of billboard space will be accepted, as will significant contributions specifically targeted for geographic locations.)

If you are a member of the media and would like to interview Joseph Farah about this campaign, e-mail WND.

Quote:
That guy sounds kind of like RR.

Yeah, the "Certificate, signed by an attending physician and showing place of birth" part seems to go over a lot of people's heads.
They make a joke out of it, when the real joke is what they have as "proof".
A jpg. image of a short-form certification on a web site.
Has anyone ever seen the actual paper certification that image was made from? Not that I've ever seen any evidence of.
Try using a jpg. image of a document in court as evidence and see how that goes.
Anyone that accepts the story he's "proven" he was born in Hawaii is gullible or misinformed (thanks to the media).

Quote:
Has anyone ever seen the actual paper certification that image was made from? Not that I've ever seen any evidence of.

Here’s people that saw it and have take photos of it
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
Here’s some more information about the birth certificate issue.
http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2008/12/not_born_in_hawaii/

Quote:
Try using a jpg. image of a document in court as evidence and see how that goes.

Try claiming in court that someone wasn’t born in the US without any evidence and see how that goes

No one has proven it would be possible for Obama to legally have the birth place changed in his birth record let alone given a shred of evidence that he has done it.

Quote:
Quote:

Here’s people that saw it and have take photos of it
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
Here’s some more information about the birth certificate issue.
http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2008/12/not_born_in_hawaii/

Quote:

Try claiming in court that someone wasn’t born in the US without any evidence and see how that goes

No one has proven it would be possible for Obama to legally have the birth place changed in his birth record let alone given a shred of evidence that he has done it.

Of course O, has never proved that he has a BC. And please forget about the COLB it doesn't prove he's natural born.

You do realize that Factcheck is owned and run by the Annenberg Public Policy Center, correct?

Senator Obama was the first Chairman of the Board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was a Division, or Project, of the Annenberg Foundation.

Not that there's any conflict of interest there, but could you use a credible source to "debunk" the birth certificate issue?

And no, DailyKOS and Obama's official website aren't credible sources either, before you try.

If Barry, as he's stated, was born in a hospital in Hawaii, he has a long-form birth certificate on record there, just like every other person born in a Hawaiian hospital during the same time period does.
As President of the United States, all he needs to do is request it and it will be delivered in about 2 minutes.
He's never requested it and nobody's seen it.

Just like we said above.

I'm adding to my list now.

Naive, misled or oblivious.

My long form, vault copy 1964 certificate of live birth says I was born at Ballard General Hospital in Seattle and the attending physician was Dr Craylock.

Gee, I wonder what hospital Obama was born at and who the Dr was?

Oh, wait, he won't tell us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

WHAT'S HE HIDING, HMMMMMMMM...?

Quote:
My long form, vault copy 1964 certificate of live birth says I was born at Ballard General Hospital in Seattle and the attending psychian was Dr Craylock.

Gee, I wonder what hospital Obama was born at and who the Dr was?

Oh, wait, he won't tell us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

WHAT'S HE HIDING, HMMMMMMMM...?

What he's hiding Java is in plain sight, and that is "I don't have no stinking HI Birth Certificate." Respectfully submitted by O or zero.

****UPDATE****

Obama releases 'long form' 1961 birth certificate!

hawaiibirthcertificate1.jpg

Quote:
And please forget about the COLB it doesn't prove he's natural born.

It is a certified copy of his birth record and lists a Hawaiian birthplace. Several people have tried to make the claim that Obama might have had his Birth Records amended from a foreign birthplace to a Hawaii birthplace but they keep referring to laws that don’t apply in this case. Two of the most frequent examples point to laws that weren’t on the books until the mid 70’s and early 80’s long after Obama was born. Some of the other laws only apply to persons adopted by US citizens and the rest only apply to persons who already have a Hawaiian birth certificate.

Quote:

So your contention would be that anybody is eligible to hold the office of President unless someone can prove he wasn't born a U.S. citizen?

From your link RR:

The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department. We tried to ask the Hawaii DOH why they only offer the short form, among other questions, but they have not given a response.

Okay...acceptable to the state department according to whom?

From Matt's earlier post:

Quote:
For example, the Hawaii Department of Home Lands states the following on its website:

“In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.”

Thus, even the State of Hawaii does not accept a computer printout as proof that an individual was actually born in Hawaii.

In the end though, the obvious question is why doesn't this man who promises transparency just shake his head, heave a sigh of consternation, and produce the vault copy. It would be childsplay to do it, would end the controversy instantly, and would make his detractors look more than a little foolish.

So why doesn't he do it????

While there would be numerous positives, what possible reason or downside could he have for NOT producing it?? Care to speculate on that RR? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
Quote:
And please forget about the COLB it doesn't prove he's natural born.

It is a certified copy of his birth record and lists a Hawaiian birthplace. Several people have tried to make the claim that Obama might have had his Birth Records amended from a foreign birthplace to a Hawaii birthplace but they keep referring to laws that don’t apply in this case. Two of the most frequent examples point to laws that weren’t on the books until the mid 70’s and early 80’s long after Obama was born. Some of the other laws only apply to persons adopted by US citizens and the rest only apply to persons who already have a Hawaiian birth certificate.

It is a certified copy of his birth record

RR, are you really that dense or what? I have had to submit certified copies of laws and regulations in court hundreds of times. A COLB is not , I repeat, NOT a certified copy of the original. NOW I WILL do this VERY slowly.... A Certified Copy of the Original Birth Certificate would be a picture of the original Birth Certificate That Shows all of The INFORMATION that isn't shown ON THE COLB, It Would be accompanied by a Affidavit by the Records Keeper Swearing that it was a true and valid copy of the Original. A COLB obviously isn't a copy of the Original by any stretch of the Imagination.

Quote:
Okay...acceptable to the state department according to whom?

“Backers of the idea that Mr. Obama isn't a natural-born citizen say Mr. Obama's certification of live birth doesn't quell the issue. They say a certification can be obtained after birth.
But the Hawaii State Department of Health said Monday that there is no difference between a certificate and a certification of live birth in the eyes of the state. For instance, either can be used to confirm U.S. citizenship to obtain a passport or state ID, said Alvin Onaka, a research and statistics officer at the Department of Health”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/28/lawsuit-questions-obamas-eligibility-for-office/
The conclusion that Matt keeps drawing from this example is not correct. DHHL is looking for more than proof of Hawaiian birth. An applicant must establish Hawaiian ancestry not just Hawaiian birth. Also it doesn’t say they won’t accept the COLB it says if you submit the COLB it requires additional verification by DHHL.

Quote:
For example, the Hawaii Department of Home Lands states the following on its website:

“In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.”

Thus, even the State of Hawaii does not accept a computer printout as proof that an individual was actually born in Hawaii.

Quote:
This blog was established and is maintained by a person who supports Obama.

Right at the top of the home page.

Fair enough.

That gives me permission to use "proof" from any source I can find to prove my claims.

I'm good with that.

Bob Schultz video

Actual Hawaii statement in pdf

Hawaii officials have NOT confirmed that Obama was born in Hawaii.

Compounding the question surrounding Obama's citizenship status is a subsequent statement of Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo. Citing Hawaii state privacy laws, and guidance from the state attorney general, she said she, “was not permitted to confirm the authenticity of the certificate released by the Obama campaign.”

The way to prove his eligibility to hold office is to order the release of the long form Certificate of Live Birth from Hawaii. There's no other way to prove it, and it's not up to the people of the US to prove he was born somewhere else.
If he wants the job, he needs to prove he meets the qualifications outlined in the Constitution, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Quote:
A COLB is not , I repeat, NOT a certified copy of the original.

I haven’t been talking about a certified copy of the original. Where do you find that having a certified copy of the original is required to prove birth in Hawaii?

§338-13 Certified copies. (a) Subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18, the department of health shall, upon request, furnish to any applicant a certified copy of any certificate, or the contents of any certificate, or any part thereof.
(b) Copies of the contents of any certificate on file in the department, certified by the department shall be considered for all purposes the same as the original, subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18.
(c) Copies may be made by photography, dry copy reproduction, typing, computer printout or other process approved by the director of health. [L 1949, c 327, §17; RL 1955, §57-16; am L Sp 1959 2d, c 1, §19; HRS §338-13; am L 1978, c 49, §1]

November 26, 2008
Why the Barack Obama Birth Certificate Issue Is Legitimate
By Joe the Farmer

Does this Barack Obama birth certificate issue bug you because, although improbable, it's possible that he's not a natural born citizen, isn't eligible to be President under the Constitution, and this issue could be bigger than Watergate -- or any other "gate" in history?

Are you afraid that if you were even to raise the subject with your friends that they will think you wear a tinfoil hat, because Factcheck.org, the final arbiter of truth in the universe, said so?

Are you with the news media, and after spending so much money to get Barack Obama elected, you'd hate to ruin your investment?

Are you a talk radio host who thinks that if you say the burden of proof needed to demonstrate one is eligible to be Commander in Chief should be at least as high as, oh, say, the level to be eligible for Hawaiian homestead status (see 1.F. below), that you'd be forced to give equal time to someone who disagrees?

Are you a conservative, libertarian, or any conscientious constitutionalist from any ideological side of life, who's convinced something's not right, but you're afraid your reputation might be tarnished because, after all, this could be one big Saul-Alinsky-style set-up, and the joke would be on you?

Fear not! Joe the Farmer has prepared an outline showing that no matter how this issue is ultimately resolved, you have legitimate concerns, and that Barack Obama should, simply out of respect for the nation he was elected to lead, disclose the sealed vault copy of his birth certificate.

Given the circumstances, if Barack Obama respected this nation, he would prove it by the simplest and easiest of gestures - unless, of course, all this talk about change and hope was just a bunch of bull, and he's just "another politician." Here's the outline:

1. Under Hawaiian law, it is possible (both legally and illegally) for a person to have been born out of state, yet have a birth certificate on file in the Department of Health.

A. From Hawaii's official Department of Health, Vital Records webpage: "Amended certificates of birth may be prepared and filed with the Department of Health, as provided by law, for 1) a person born in Hawaii who already has a birth certificate filed with the Department of Health or 2) a person born in a foreign country" (applies to adopted children).

B. A parent may register an in-state birth in lieu of certification by a hospital of birth under HRS 338-5.

C. Hawaiian law expressly provides for registration of out-of-state births under HRS 338-17.8. A foreign birth presumably would have been recorded by the American consular of the country of birth, and presumably that would be reflected on the Hawaiian birth certificate.

D. Hawaiian law, however, expressly acknowledges that its system is subject to error. See, for example, HRS 338-17.

E. Hawaiian law expressly provides for verification in lieu of certified copy of a birth certificate under HRS 338-14.3.

F. Even the Hawaii Department of Home Lands does not accept a certified copy of a birth certificate as conclusive evidence for its homestead program. From its web site: "In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL."

2. Contrary to what you may have read, no document made available to the public, nor any statement by Hawaiian officials, evidences conclusively that Obama was born in Hawaii.

A. Associated Press reported about a statement of Hawaii Health Department Director Dr. Fukino, "State declares Obama birth certificate genuine."

B. That October 31, 2008 statement says that Dr. Fukino "ha personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures." That statement does not, however, verify that Obama was born in Hawaii, and as explained above, under Hawaiian policies and procedures it is quite possible that Hawaii may have a birth record of a person not born in Hawaii. Unlikely, but possible.

C. The document that the Obama campaign released to the public is a certified copy of Obama's birth record, which is not the best evidence since, even under Hawaiian law, the original vault copy is the better evidence. Presumably, the vault record would show whether his birth was registered by a hospital in Hawaii.

D. Without accusing anyone of any wrongdoing, we nevertheless know that some people have gone to great lengths, even in violation of laws, rules and procedures, to confer the many benefits of United States citizenship on themselves and their children. Given the structure of the Hawaiian law, the fact that a parent may register a birth, and the limited but inherent potential for human error within the system, it is possible that a parent of a child born out-of-state could have registered that birth to confer the benefits of U.S. citizenship, or simply to avoid bureaucratic hassles at that time or later in the child's life.

1. We don't know whether the standards of registration by the Department of Health were more or less stringent in 1961 (the year of Obama's birth) than they are today. However, especially with post-9/11 scrutiny, we do know that there have been instances of fraudulent registrations of foreign births as American births.

2. From a 2004 Department of Justice news release about multiple New Jersey vital statistics employees engaged in schemes to issue birth certificates to foreign-born individuals: "An individual who paid Anderson and her co-conspirators for the service of creating the false birth records could then go to Office of Vital Statistics to receive a birth certificate . . . As part of the investigation, federal agents executed a search warrant of the HCOVS on Feb. 18, 2004, which resulted in the seizure of hundreds of suspect Certificates of Live Birth which falsely indicated that the named individuals were born in Jersey City, when in fact, they were born outside the United States and were in the United States illegally . . . Bhutta purchased from Goswamy false birth certificates for himself and his three foreign-born children."

3. Even before 9/11, government officials acknowledged the "ease" of obtaining birth certificates fraudulently. From 1999 testimony by one Social Security Administration official: "Furthermore, the identity data contained in Social Security records are only as reliable as the evidence on which the data are based. The documents that a card applicant must present to establish age, identity, and citizenship, usually a birth certificate and immigration documents-are relatively easy to alter, counterfeit, or obtain fraudulently."

3. It has been reported that the Kenyan government has sealed Obama's records. If he were born in Kenya, as has been rumored even recently, the Kenyan government would certainly have many incentives to keep that undisclosed. Objectively, of course, those records may prove nothing. Obama's refusal to release records at many levels here in the United States, though, merely fuels speculation.

4. Obama has refused to disclose the vault copy of his Hawaiian birth certificate. This raises the question whether he himself has established that he is eligible to be President. To date, no state or federal election official, nor any government authority, has verified that he ever established conclusively that he meets the eligibility standard under the Constitution. If the burden of proof were on him, perhaps as it should be for the highest office of any individual in America, the more-than-dozen lawsuits challenging his eligibility would be unnecessary.

A. Had he disclosed his vault copy in the Berg v. Obama lawsuit (which was the first lawsuit filed on the question of his eligibility to be President), and it was established he was born in Hawaii, that would have constituted res judicata, and acted to stop other similar lawsuits being filed. Without res judicata (meaning, the matter is adjudged and settled conclusively) he or government officials will need to defend other lawsuits, and valuable court resources will be expended. Strategically from a legal standpoint, therefore, his refusal to disclose doesn't make sense. Weighing factors such as costs, resources and complexity of disclosing versus not disclosing, he must have reason of considerable downside in disclosing, or upside in not disclosing. There may be other reasons, but one could speculate that he hasn't disclosed because:

1. He was not born in Hawaii, and may not be eligible to be President;

2. He was born in Hawaii, but facts that may be derived from his vault copy birth certificate are inconsistent with the life story he has told (and sold);

3. He was born in Hawaii, and his refusal to provide the best evidence that he is a natural born citizen is a means by which to draw criticism of him in order to make him appear to be a "victim." This would energize his supporters. This would also make other charges about him seem suspect, including his concealment about ties to Bill Ayers and others of some infamy. Such a clever yet distasteful tactic would seem to be a Machiavelli- and Saul-Alinsky-style way to manipulate public opinion. But while this tactic may energize his supporters, it would convince those who believe him to be a manipulator that he's not only just that, but a real pro at it. This would indeed be the basest reason of all, and would have repercussions about his trustworthiness (both here and abroad), which Americans know, is a characteristic sorely lacking in its leaders.

B. His motion to dismiss the Berg case for lack of standing could be viewed as contemptuous of the Constitution. See, "Who Enforces the Constitution's Natural Born Citizen Clause?" Are we to expect yet another White House that hides behind lawyers, and expects Americans to swallow half-truths on a just-trust-me basis?

C. This issue poses the potential for a constitutional crisis unlike anything this country has seen. Disclosure at this stage, however, could even result in criminal sanctions. See, "Obama Must Stand Up Now Or Step Down." Thus, he has motive not to disclose if he were ineligible.

The question not being asked by the holders of power, who dismiss this as a rightwing conspiracy, is what's the downside of disclosing? This is a legitimate issue of inquiry because Barack Obama has turned it into one. The growing number of people who demand an answer in conformance with the Constitution are doing their work; the people's watchdogs aren't.

The pen name Joe the Farmer pays tribute to Joe the Plumber, who had the audacity to ask a question.

Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/11/why_the_barack_obama_birth_cer.html at May 29, 2009 - 01:19:00 AM EDT

Thanks java. If it could be provin that The Obasm is a fraud me thinks it could turn the whole world, not just the USA, upside down & inside out.
This is some serious, serious stuff.
GOD save us! The Obasm could very well be the Antichrist!

Quote:
The question not being asked by the holders of power, who dismiss this as a rightwing conspiracy, is what's the downside of disclosing? This is a legitimate issue of inquiry because Barack Obama has turned it into one. The growing number of people who demand an answer in conformance with the Constitution are doing their work; the people's watchdogs aren't.

Quote:
In the end though, the obvious question is why doesn't this man who promises transparency just shake his head, heave a sigh of consternation, and produce the vault copy. It would be childsplay to do it, would end the controversy instantly, and would make his detractors look more than a little foolish.

So why doesn't he do it????

While there would be numerous positives, what possible reason or downside could he have for NOT producing it?? Care to speculate on that RR?

Back