Where can I find a complete bolt carrier group?

SeanE

Custom Call Maker
I've looked everywhere and can't find one. I don't need anything fancy just functional. Do any of the sponsors know when they'll have any in stock?

Im about to say screw all this by the time I get all the parts together to replace the ar I had to sell this summer I could have build a really nice custom bolt rifle.

Start back ordering from well known good companies at fair prices and wait for them to come in. This ban is not going to happen over night

Even thought I do not need stuff I have back ordered a bunch at brownells and such

They were way behind before the school shooting and if the back order time frames hold to what they are right now they may have something in place since they will push with everything they can to get it.

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeThey were way behind before the school shooting and if the back order time frames hold to what they are right now they may have something in place since they will push with everything they can to get it.

You are correct but quite frequently laws will read "no longer lawful to be sold after xxxx date"

Back ordered and paid for now I bet meets the loop hole they will have. Too much money out there right now. Just saying you have nothing to lose by at least getting on a back order list

Brave man ordering from them. Must be getting desperate. lol

I am in the same boat, as i was in the middle of a build when the madness began. I'm just getting on the backorder list for reputable items from reputable dealers for non inflated prices. Don't want to overpay or get inferior products. Besides, I can always pull a loaner from another rifle.

I would weather the storm for now.

Is there something that I should know about them, or their products? Do they sell inferior things? I've never heard of them, but was wanting to get all my parts for the build, and I've always been under the understanding that there's only a few company's that make the bolt carriers anyway, regardless of who's label is on it.

Originally Posted By: SeanEIs there something that I should know about them, or their products? Do they sell inferior things? I've never heard of them, but was wanting to get all my parts for the build, and I've always been under the understanding that there's only a few company's that make the bolt carriers anyway, regardless of who's label is on it.

Notorius for selling stuff they don't have in stock. They caught up after the last election, but it took a while for a lot of people to get their order.

I called and talked to Rguns the other day because their website showed items in stock, so I called to see if they actually were. I was told they are probably a year back-ordered on just about everything and basically nothing was in stock.

Also if you read their website, they charge you $100 for cancelling back-orders, which is total B.S. because from their website you think it's instock and not a back-order. So I wouldn't plan on seeing those BCG's from Rguns for a long time and cancelling the order is going to cost you. You might want to call and clarify with them, it'd be interesting to hear when they can deliver.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: filmitI called and talked to Rguns the other day because their website showed items in stock, so I called to see if they actually were. I was told they are probably a year back-ordered on just about everything and basically nothing was in stock.

Also if you read their website, they charge you $100 for cancelling back-orders, which is total B.S. because from their website you think it's instock and not a back-order. So I wouldn't plan on seeing those BCG's from Rguns for a long time and cancelling the order is going to cost you. You might want to call and clarify with them, it'd be interesting to hear when they can deliver.

Stick to more companies that are more transparent with availability on products...hint hint
thumbup1.gif

These links aren't live on the website yet as these are new incoming products. These should be in within the next 2-4weeks ish:

JoeBob Enhanced BCG

JoeBob Cera-Plate BCG

Should be getting about 400 each sometime in January, and more arriving in the future. Right now we're backed up about a week on shipping due to the volume spike, but if an order is placed it will hold inventory for your order and won't be suprise back-ordered.

You can sign up for email notifications under the add to cart button.

Last edited:
That's great, I can't believe any business would run that way. If they are back ordered, and won't refund my money I will turn them in to the attorney generals office. We're both located in illinois. Hopefully it won't come to that

Sean

Originally Posted By: bluealteredJoebob any word from new frontier on lowers?

Which version? Most should be trickling in at the tail end of this week or next week sometime. Sign up for email notifications.

Originally Posted By: SeanEThat's great, I can't believe any business would run that way. If they are back ordered, and won't refund my money I will turn them in to the attorney generals office. We're both located in illinois. Hopefully it won't come to that

Sean

No offense to RGuns, but they don't seem to run that tight of a ship. They build sales on keeping customers from backing out of backorders.

FTC Online Business Guidelines

There's some pretty straightforward guidelines. Basically they need to make it obvious if its out of stock. If not, and they can't fulfill the order within 30 days, they have to refund the money. However, I'm not sure how that plays out with restocking fees as they are legal assuming they made it clear on the availability, and made the restocking fee clear at checkout.

Please stay away from Rguns. The seem to carry modified M1S parts, but the one time I had a conversation with them I felt like I had shot his dog with his own gun. Two questions: What thread pitch are the 7.62x39 barrels, and do you have any better pics of your barrels (they have different styles, but literally you get about 6x50 pixels to see what is going on.

Seems like I'll be hitting up JoeBobOutfitters in January. Looking for some Grendel parts, and CCI SV as well

Last edited:
Sorry SeanE about the bad advise with RGUNS I did not know they were not very good about having items in stock.I just placed an order with them on 12/20 and all the items were in stock on there web page. I guess we will have to wait and see.A good friend of mine refered me to them and he said that he buys from them alot with out any trouble?

Last edited:
Back