What's your favorite Upland Shotgun??

28ga AyA followed by a 16ga AyA. 28 is noticeably lighter aqnd points better. 16ga heavier and tracks better.

Properly shooting an upland bird requires a fine English Setter and a fine SxS shotgun, 16ga or smaller.

I would have to have a small list because it depends on what upland game bird I'm hunting. My all time would be a win model 12 20ga with cuts comp and full vent rib. That thing has shot alot of skeet and pheasants until the flipper that moves the shell up into the action from the magazine started to get week and would allow full shells to eject onto the ground. Still have the gun just don't shooting unless it is warm out. My favorite one that I own now would have to be a browning feather light citori in 20ga with 26" barrels. My favorite for many yrs before I got the citori was an 1100 special field 20ga. It shot alot of clays and alot of birds. For many yrs it sat in the safe until last summer when my youngest started shooting it on clays and went dove hunting with it down in Az with pbchucker(his uncle). Now it looks like it has a new life. I would love to have a citori in 410 or 28ga to match my other 2 in 12 and 20.

Both 20 gauges, Bennelli Montifeltro semi auto and the OU is a Browning with 24 inch tubes.

Picture208.jpg

i have a few shotguns so i like em all

1929 browning a5 lite 12ga
1939 centenial arms 410
1953 stevens 820b 12ga with poly choke
1959 870 wingmaster.12ga

the stevens just rocks with the poly choke for turkeys

Last edited:
1100 Remington 3 inch mag For 35 yrs. in 12ga & haved shot trap skeet and ducks quail pheasants hungarian partridge & deer in Iowa with slugs. I have only once in all my years hunting did I think it was to much gun & that was hunting quail at a Orvis Lodge so I bought a 11-87 20 ga and liked it as well & for christmas a couple of years ago I was given a 1100 28ga and shot about 25 wild Iowa pheasants with it lots of fun even managed to get a triple that being said the 28ga is not a very good pheasant gun. I have all the bases covered I think. Remington autos are one of the best firearms ever invented IMO.

Last edited:
Recently picked up a Savage (Rizzini) Milano 20 guage O/U for my wife, but I expect I will be asking to 'borrow' it often.
smile.gif

Browning O/U 20 gauge for Pheasants
Browning O/U in 28 gauge for quail
Rem 870 12ga w/English cut special field stock
(short barrel and only holds 3 shots)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1100 Remington Man....a couple of years ago I was given a 1100 28ga and shot about 25 wild Iowa pheasants with it lots of fun even managed to get a triple that being said the 28ga is not a very good pheasant gun. I have all the bases covered I think. Remington autos are one of the best firearms ever invented IMO.

In Skeet #1 bore or Imp cyl they are WICKED on quail over pointing dogs....
thumbup.gif

I have an 1100 in 28..taught the wife to shoot shotguns with it...but I love the Browning in the field

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 I can't post pics, but I've got my Grandfathers Browning "sweet sixteen". I can't imagine a better easy to carry shotgun. I remember when he bought it new in 1967, and it still looks new.
It is my most prized possession in the gun safe.
Every time I use it, it feels like he's still with me.
Oh how I miss that man.

Shayne
'

agreed.... i too hunt quail w/ my granddads a-5 chambered in 12g...love it! kinda wish it was a 20g now days though..lol...16g browning a-5 was one of the best firearm/cal.combo made imo...

Last edited:
Back