What's on your "Things to hunt before I die" list ?

It does cost to get a point, but its not much. I varies from state to state, but its rarely more than $15-$25. You will have to send the money for the license, and they then reimburse you the money you send in minus the fee for the point. Units are more like areas than counties. Check out a states DNR website for maps that show units and you will understand better.

Brian

Originally Posted By: LeviSSI'm trying to get a list together for myself and I thought I could get some good ideas from other people. I'm 25, so I've got some time to get some hunts in...hopefully
smile.gif

So far I have elk, bear, and wolf. Maybe moose. African game will be on it too, but for now I'm trying to keep it realistic and in the US.

How about you guys? Any game, anywhere in the world.

When I was young I wanted to hunt everything that walks. Mostly though I wanted Sheep and Goats; never hunted eather and now age and health problem's insure I never will. Whatever you want to hunt, do it young! Today I don't hunt near as much as I used to, then I never was really a sport hunter to begin with. I went from a blood thursty murder to a subsistence hunter by the time I was in my early thirty,s.

Today I would like to take a good camera and still find those sheep and goats but bad knees so probably won't unless I can get replacement's. I'd love to go to Africa and photograph every animal I could. Hunting them would get awful expensive. Then add in mounting and trophy fee's and in the end you can't bring any meat home. Yep I'd settle to photograph them.

Also would like to get into good moose in Alaska and Grizzly bears. Have a few of moose in early spring but nothing great. Also have a couple good wolf photo's. The most fabulious photo I've ever see is in the resturant in Teslin, Yukon, just after you cross the bridge on the right going North. It's a huge bull moose running away in a snow storm, incredable.

Get your hunting done while your young and in good shape. Later on the foolishiness of your youth will come back to haunt you with various aches and pains.

I want to go duck hunting in Mexico or South America some day. Someplace where you could shoot a couple hundred in a week, and give them all away to local people who are happy to have them. Also I would love to do a combo hunt including mostly ducks in New Zeland. They have amazing duck hunting over there. If you have even seen Duckmen South, or Duckmen of middle earth you would have a pretty good idea of my dream hunt. Also I would love to hunt sea ducks some day, preferably in Alaska. Other than that I am happy just shooting deer, and yotes, turkey, ducks, & geese right around where I live or within a relativley easy driving distance from my home. That's not to say that I haven't been on plenty of out of state hunts, because I have. But I wouldn't label any of them as things to hunt before I die.

I want to go do a brown bear and moose combo before I kick the bucket. Just afraid if I spend the $$$$ and the wife finds out that just might be the end for me. LOL But the #1 thing for me would be a rockymountain bighorn Ram.

Last edited:
I was a fisherman and pheasant hunter, most of my life. Now, at age 58, I would like to take some larger game. I have shot a hog (350 lbs.), so although I live in hog country, it's off my list.

This is my first year deer hunting (unsucessful so far). Although I would like to take an Elk, I realize that may be to much for me at this stage of life, (I have a neck injury). Red Stag, Sika and Axis deer, may be more reasonable. High-fence hunting where I have help, may be the only way for me to do it.

Last edited:
moose, sheep, goats, bears, lion, big timber muley. I've been trying for timber muleys for about 4 years. Hopefully soon

Polar Bear, Kodiak Bear, Moose, Mountain Lion, Big Male African Lion, and a Wolf.

Definitely want a Bobcat, wouldn't mind a Lynx, but these aren't really dream animals for me.

Guessing out of all of this, Bobcat, Mountain lion, and perhaps a wolf will be accomplished.

And I want to personally call these animals in, it is why I hunt.

African Lion
Leopard
Caracel
Warthog
Baboon
Hyena
Jackal
Civet
Siberian Tiger
Polar bear
Jaguar
Wolves
A couple of those are obviously pipe-dreams since they are no longer legal to hunt.

Back