What's on your "Things to hunt before I die" list ?

LeviSS

I'm trying to get a list together for myself and I thought I could get some good ideas from other people. I'm 25, so I've got some time to get some hunts in...hopefully
smile.gif

So far I have elk, bear, and wolf. Maybe moose. African game will be on it too, but for now I'm trying to keep it realistic and in the US.

How about you guys? Any game, anywhere in the world.

My list of critters is fairly long. Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Bull Moose, Mountain Lion with dogs, and Grizzley Bear if and when it's legal in Montana. I also want to go to Africa and hunt before I die but the species hunted is irrelevant to me. I just want the experience of hunting Africa. Leopard would be a must if they are ever able to be imported.

If we are including things we have hunted but never killed then add a Boone and Crockett Mule Deer, a big bull elk, and bobcat.

One thing that I want to, and definately will do before I die is hunt Black Bear on Vancouver Island.

Nate

Originally Posted By: LongcruiseMoose
Bighorn Sheep
Bear (see em all the time but never have a license!)

I am afraid that is the way it works

I have seen a bear a month for every month i lived here right up until i had a tag for one

I couldn't find one to shoot to save my life

I'd like to kill a big buck and/or bull once in my life ussually hunt cow elk for the meat

a mountain lion and bear with mouth calls.
going to try the bear this spring.
I've had lions come but never when i had the tag.
I'm weird though I've never wanted to hunt out of state closer to home the better in my eyes.
I'd like to go the the P.M. hunt to meet everyone but I'm not into contest hunts much.
i did fish out of state for the first time last summer with my dad

Last edited:
A bobcat, a big mulie, and an archery elk. I am going to start building points in Wyoming this coming year for an elk hunt in the next 10-12 years.

Brian

Originally Posted By: BMeyerI am going to start building points in Wyoming this coming year for an elk hunt in the next 10-12 years.

Could you expand on this a little? I haven't looked into it yet, but I know tags can be hard to get for a lot of game. Do you build point by applying year after year and more points equal a better chance to get drawn?

Originally Posted By: LeviSSCould you expand on this a little? I haven't looked into it yet, but I know tags can be hard to get for a lot of game. Do you build point by applying year after year and more points equal a better chance to get drawn?

Thats more or less it, but you're not applying to actually get the license, rather you just apply to get the point. Does that make sense? Your not trying to buy a licence you are only applying to build up another point towards a goal of X number of points to increase your chances down the road of drawing a tag in the unit you want to hunt.

That should be clear as mud
blushing.gif

Brian

My cousin and I have a list about 30 animals long, bunch of stuff in Africa, Australia, South America, Europe, and Canada/ Alaska. Main things are Moose, BIG mule deer, BIG elk, caribou, mountain goat, and big horn.

Originally Posted By: BMeyerOriginally Posted By: LeviSSCould you expand on this a little? I haven't looked into it yet, but I know tags can be hard to get for a lot of game. Do you build point by applying year after year and more points equal a better chance to get drawn?

Thats more or less it, but you're not applying to actually get the license, rather you just apply to get the point. Does that make sense? Your not trying to buy a licence you are only applying to build up another point towards a goal of X number of points to increase your chances down the road of drawing a tag in the unit you want to hunt.

That should be clear as mud
blushing.gif

Brian

I get the jist of it. Does it cost anything to apply for the points? Is the "unit" like the county?

Back