Whats gonna happen if they ban AR's?

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishthe worst school shooting we ever had was va tech. no 30 round mags, no rifles. just 2 common pistols.

What about the worst concert shooting? Worst nightclub shooting? Worst theater shooting? Worst grade school shooting? Worst high school shooting? Worst church shooting?

Originally Posted By: FursniperOriginally Posted By: chzIt’s only a matter of time before magazine capacity restrictions become federal law and the Supreme Court is not going to side with the NRA. Why? Nobody NEEDS them.
The justification to use deadly force is the same for LE officers and for US citizens.

Uhh.. I wouldn’t put that to the test in the real world. LE officers are much more protected when it comes to the use of deadly force and making a judgement call. I sure as [beeep] wouldn’t shoot somebody who is driving recklessly and endangering lives whereas a police officer could justifiably make that call because of the training and experience they have.

I’m not a LEO but if I was I would very much be all for magazine restrictions. Why would I want Joe public running around with high capacity mags when it’s my job to stop him if he goes crazy? Why wouldn’t I want a tactical advantage in weapons and gear? I’m sure all LEOs are pretty excited about the availability of cheap AR 500 body armor as well.. For less than $1000 someone can pick up an ar-15, a plate carrier and chest and back plates, and enough mags and ammo to shootup whatever they want. How is that a comforting thought for all the men and women in Blue who put their lives on the line everyday?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chzLE officers are much more protected when it comes to the use of deadly force and making a judgement call. I sure as [beeep] wouldn’t shoot somebody who is driving recklessly and endangering lives whereas a police officer could justifiably make that call because of the training and experience they have.
Actually, LE Officers are more scrutinized than the general public because of their training. LE Officers also have internal dept policies that they have to abide by. Citizens and bad guys have the advantage in not doing something wrong because they do not have internal policies and training to abide by.

Originally Posted By: chzI’m not a LEO but if I was I would very much be all for magazine restrictions. Why would I want Joe public running around with high capacity mags when it’s my job to stop him if he goes crazy? Why wouldn’t I want a tactical advantage in weapons and gear? I’m sure all LEOs are pretty excited about the availability of cheap AR 500 body armor as well. For less than $1000 someone can pick up an ar-15, a plate carrier and chest and back plates, and enough mags and ammo to shootup whatever they want. How is that a comforting thought for all the men and women in Blue who put their lives on the line everyday?
The law abiding Joe Public that are armed can be a help and they are not a threat to LE officers. If someone goes crazy, the more law abiding Joe Public that are armed, the better. LE officers are people like the rest of us. We should all have the same laws to protect our life and the life of others. Whether a person is an officer or not, we all put our life on the line everyday and have no idea when we might face an evil person.

To chz.....

After reading most of your nonsense, I see no need for you to own a firearm , period ! You are not on the real American gun owner side of the fence.
thumbdown.gif

If I made a bad or even questionable judgement call using deadly force or had an accidental discharge you bet your [beeep] I would prefer to be a LEO instead of Joe Public. Look at all the high profile bad police shootings. “I thought he was reaching for a gun” isn’t going to fly nearly as well for Joe Public. Please don’t make me waste my time pulling up all the bad shootings from the last few years.. LEO are put in a tough spot having to enforce the law and also protect themselves. There is a considerable amount of leeway given to them when they feel threatened. I suspect the reason they are never prosecuted is because it’s a slippery slope. If you start prosecuting officers who make poor decisions and take lives it could create an atmosphere where officers are too concerned about making the wrong call and it could cost them their lives. It’s not ok for an officer to feel threatened and not react the way they feel they should for fear of making a bad decision and going to jail.

It’s a tough job with a world of responsibility. I have nothing but respect for LEOs, especially now that they are under such scrutiny because of the actions of a few.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeTo chz.....

After reading most of your nonsense, I see no need for you to own a firearm , period ! You are not on the real American gun owner side of the fence.
thumbdown.gif

Enlighten me to the real American gun owner side of the fence.

Seriously. Wow me with something insightful. It’s not very 2nd Amendmenty of you to say that I shouldn’t have the same constitutional rights because I have a different opinion about how effective magazine restrictions would be in regard to mass shootings.

Last I checked, upholding the law also includes the Constitution and the Second amendment.

Personally, I want to be as well armed as my government (and bad guys) as possible should the need arise to protect myself, my family, or my country from either.

Originally Posted By: chzOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeTo chz.....

thumbdown.gif

Seriously. Wow me with something insightful. It’s not very 2nd Amendmenty of you to say that I shouldn’t have the same constitutional rights because I have a different opinion about how effective magazine restrictions would be in regard to mass shootings.

I think the point is that if you believe restricting magazine capacity will do something, then you are part of the problem.

Now that I got your attention, chz ...

I'm wondering how you think the 100s of thousands of AR mags already "out there" are going to just not get used for good or bad ? Meth, Crack,etc.. are illegal now and have never been legal on the street and there's plenty of that to go around.

I'm not going to argue over guns , because that's what "they " want. You proved yourself to me and many others here on the forum and that's all I have to say about that !

Originally Posted By: 6724Originally Posted By: chzOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeTo chz.....

thumbdown.gif

I think the point is that if you believe restricting magazine capacity will do something, then you are part of the problem.

BINGO !!!

What problem am I a part of exactly and what did I prove to the members?

Make an argument. I’m open to others opinions on magazine restrictions, you might even convince me to change my views. I’d like to think the members of this forum can handle a lively discussion that involves differing opinions. I’ll listen objectively to anything someone has to say. I’ll also respect that many will likely not agree with me and would like to think our differing opinions on the matter should have little effect on any other commradery we might share from the multitude of other topics of discussion on this forum.

Stu, if your links are directed at me I must confess I’m not reading them. If you want to formulate your own opinion and type it out I’d be happy to hear you out. I’m not going to play the “google supporting facts” game with you because we’d both just be firing off links that nobody is going to read anyway.

Hit me with some knowledge.

Originally Posted By: chzIf I made a bad or even questionable judgement call using deadly force or had an accidental discharge you bet your [beeep] I would prefer to be a LEO instead of Joe Public. Look at all the high profile bad police shootings. “I thought he was reaching for a gun” isn’t going to fly nearly as well for Joe Public. Please don’t make me waste my time pulling up all the bad shootings from the last few years.. LEO are put in a tough spot having to enforce the law and also protect themselves. There is a considerable amount of leeway given to them when they feel threatened. I suspect the reason they are never prosecuted is because it’s a slippery slope. If you start prosecuting officers who make poor decisions and take lives it could create an atmosphere where officers are too concerned about making the wrong call and it could cost them their lives. It’s not ok for an officer to feel threatened and not react the way they feel they should for fear of making a bad decision and going to jail.

It’s a tough job with a world of responsibility. I have nothing but respect for LEOs, especially now that they are under such scrutiny because of the actions of a few.

Nope, not even close to correct. In court a regular person is held to the "reasonable man" standard. In laymen terms would your average guy with no training, in the same situation come to the same conclusion. That's a really low bar to cross.

LE otoh is held to the "reasonable officer" standard. In laymen again, would your average officer, with training and experience, make the same decision. A much higher bar.

In 1, "I was scared" is a legitimate defense.

As far as mags, do you honestly expect some nut job Pos who has decided to massacre children is going to turn in his 30 round mags because they are banned?

We are so off topic on the OP that this hijacked post has crashed and burned. I’ll fire up a new thread and everyone can inform me over there. Apologies that this got off topic psycodog.

there's is a fair bit of history and information to be read, i won' retype it all. be informed or not, your choice.

but no, they aren't solely directed at you. i'm linking to relevant information that many of us may find interesting and useful.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyOriginally Posted By: chzIf I made a bad or even questionable judgement call using deadly force or had an accidental discharge you bet your [beeep] I would prefer to be a LEO instead of Joe Public. Look at all the high profile bad police shootings. “I thought he was reaching for a gun” isn’t going to fly nearly as well for Joe Public. Please don’t make me waste my time pulling up all the bad shootings from the last few years.. LEO are put in a tough spot having to enforce the law and also protect themselves. There is a considerable amount of leeway given to them when they feel threatened. I suspect the reason they are never prosecuted is because it’s a slippery slope. If you start prosecuting officers who make poor decisions and take lives it could create an atmosphere where officers are too concerned about making the wrong call and it could cost them their lives. It’s not ok for an officer to feel threatened and not react the way they feel they should for fear of making a bad decision and going to jail.

Nope, not even close to correct. In court a regular person is held to the "reasonable man" standard. In laymen terms would your average guy with no training, in the same situation come to the same conclusion. That's a really low bar to cross.

LE otoh is held to the "reasonable officer" standard. In laymen again, would your average officer, with training and experience, make the same decision. A much higher bar.

In 1, "I was scared" is a legitimate defense.

As far as mags, do you honestly expect some nut job Pos who has decided to massacre children is going to turn in his 30 round mags because they are banned?

Thanks for the explanation. As far as mags go, no I don’t think a criminal would turn them in. I dont think the govt would even try to come after them, I would suspect they would just outlaw the sale of them going forward making it illegal to sell them commercially or privately. I would expect criminals could still find a way to get their hands on them through nefarious means from the existing stockpiles but at a price. I do think there is a reasonable chance it could impact the ability of an 18 year old kid to get his hands on them while he is planning to shoot up a school. If he chooses 10 or 20 round mags because he can’t easily get 30, 40, 60+ round mags then that’s something. It’s really not much but it’s better than doing nothing. I was going to start a new thread but I’ve wasted enough time with this today. We are likely all set in our opinions. PM can carry whatever opinion of me they wish because I believe it’s our responsibility to do something. Doing nothing has not worked and I’m tired of seeing kids die because we can’t even agree on some common sense regulations.

The kids are being used to play on the hearts of good people of course..No creature wants its young hurt..
What would it be like if the killer had a glass jug of gas which he broke in a hall way,pulled the alarm or during class change and threw a lighter down.
How many causalities would that cause.
Landing on guns is such a cop out.There is an unlimited number of ways to do crazy mean stuff.
We got more people thus more nuts. The only thing we can do is try to be ready to stop the nuts as soon as we can.
Second point.There is a class of old money families we mostly have never heard of.They have so much money/power none of their heirs will ever run out.
They want us disarmed or fighting each other..The working class is the only thing they have to fear. Their plan is to get us to do it to ourselves.
They would rather not have a real war. They need us to keep working so they have the nice things they like.
We may try to influence our small group of friends. They influence regions of the world.

The ice burg is always bigger under the water.

Follow the money.

I understand many will say tin hat time. Thats ok.

i think where we disagree is the notion that banning mags will effectively do anything of substance regarding the criminal use of them or reducing deaths in such events.

I want to do something to end such attacks, to the extent possible, and for any that still happen, bring to a quick and sudden end.

Back