What type of press should I buy?

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the Hornady is having a killer deal. If you buy their classic reloading kit (which has a digital scale) they throw in 500 cases of your choice. Of course you have to choose from what they have available but theres a few that are 200$$ worth.

I bought a Lee anniversary kit two years ago and I can honestly say that with the kit you can reload ammo. Since then I have upgraded everything but the powder thrower and I now have the Co-Ax press. Spend your money wisely or spend it twice. Rick

I totally agree with starting with a single stage press. I loaded beaucoup rounds with an RCBS Reloder Special before I moved on to something faster. I still load all of my rifle rounds on it...

Seeing as how you're shooting 9mm and .45ACP, eventually you'll probably want a progressive. I have a Dillon 550B that is the cat's jammies...

Haven't read all the posts so maybe the topic has been breached. Lyman T-Mag, especially if your the kind of guy that gets hooked on this sort of thing. Works as easy as a single stage but you can set up all three calibers, dial in the settings and you are good to go. No removing dies and having to readjust everything.

I have thought of a progressive for pistol but have yet to reach the shooting volume to require one. In a progressive, there is a whole lot going on each stroke. If you do not have your loading basics down, and a zen sense of awareness, you will not comprehend and see all that you need to to build quality, safe loads. My metaphor would be a newly minted private pilot being asked to fly into heavy IFR. Ain't nothing good going to come from that. Stay with a single or turret until it becomes second nature. Then you can wander to the progressive.

Lee Classic Turret. Strongest turret press on the market. Less flex than the massive Redding turret. Faster than a single stage press but slower than a progressive press. It gives the user more control in the reloading process than a progressive press.

One thing about the Co-ax is that you don't need to buy a different shellholder to fit every case you reload. Yeah, some of them fit more than one case, but I've got about 8 of them already.

Factor that in and see if it closes the price gap.

Back