What the......?

Rings were not seated properly in the grooves on receiver for whatever reason; glad you got it resolved.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: pyscodogAbout all you can do is switch them back and see what happens. Or being both are happy...leave them alone. LOL, not a lot of help am I?

That old Nikon would be OK and do almost everything the VXIII Leupold would do, but not quite as nicely. While 14x is fine for 95% of my shooting sometimes that extra 5X is good to have. And, well, that Nikon is not the Leupold. I mean, the Buckmaster is nice but that VXIII is NICE.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Rings were not seated properly in the grooves on receiver for whatever reason;

Oh I wish that was what it was. No, they were on there right. The way rings go on the action of the CZ, at least the 527, it is way easier to put them on right than wrong. Even for me. Took them off several times thinking there was something, anything, wrong with the mounts but there was not.

Good friend Byran (B23) is going to let me borrow a set of his Warne rings and see what happens. They are supposed to be here Tuesday. So...stay tuned folks!

Originally Posted By: ackleymanJesus, please help Russ!

We good there, Keith! He sent me good friends like everyone here on PM to help me out. And we almost there. Going back to the range tomorrow for some more sorting out. Plus do some plinking. Always got time for plinking you know.
thumbup1.gif

OK guys. Here is where I am now.

Both my .204 and my .17 Hornet had Leupold VXIII 30 MM 6.5-20X scopes on them. This morning I did a scope swap and guess what? Using my Leupold bore slighter I was easily able to zero the scope off the .204 on my CZ now. But when I put the scope off the CZ on the 204 the very same issue came up as when I was on the CZ and I ran out of adjustment before it would zero. But because my .204 had windage adjustable bases on it I just used that and Voilà ! Back to zero. But this still does not explain, not to me anyway, why it went out of zero in the first place. This one had and still does have me scratching my head. But if this fixes it for good then, OK then. Just leave it as a mystery I guess.

so thats even more f***ery to scratch your head on, but it does being to sound more like a scope gone haywire.

if you had to use the windage adjustments to bring it true on the 2nd rifle, it defiantly sounds like an optic issue.

do you have a scope ring lapping kit? i would be interested to put the truing bars in there and see if the rings are tweaked a little bit and were putting stress on the optic originally and when you released them as things came un-tensioned ... boom failure/slip of the internals.

just thinking out loud

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneso thats even more f***ery to scratch your head on, but it does being to sound more like a scope gone haywire.

Yeah, was ready to send the scope back to Leopold, and I still might, when I decided to play with the windage adjustment on the base. Some trigger time at the range tomorrow should tell me more.

Funny thing was tried another set of rings with the same issue. Tried some 1" rings with different older Leupold scope. But same make and model scope and issue went away. Hear that thump thump thumping sound? Yup- that's me hitting the head on the wall. Dang. Going to have to call for some sheetrock repair I guess.

Yo RD, did you ever get the little bugger figured out or did you reach the point of "screw it" I'll worry about it in the spring?!
crazy.gif

did a swap of a Leupold recently, using the QRW2 rings.
Placed them on .. ran out of adjustment in the windage looked through the bore sighter YEP off.

I had seen this before, I removed and remounted everything switching the tighting lever from Left on the receiver to the right.

set the eye relief mounted my Bore sighter bingo plenty adjustment to center.

might be useless information and something you already tried just thought it might help

Back