what kind of glass do y'all put on your rimfires??????

I like the PFI Rapid Reticle on my Ruger Charger (and now my Magnum Research Picuda). Fun to shoot 22's at longer ranges and that optic makes it really FUN!!

IMG_0726-1.jpg

www.rapidreticle.com

Last edited:
I have several scopes on my rimfires and they all are ok for most shooting. My absolute favorite for a .22 is my Leupold 3-9X33 EFR VXII Rimfire with fine duplex reticle. I think this scope is the perfect optic for a hunting .22.

Up until the last couple weeks every rimfire I had wore a Simmons 22mag scope. Most dating back to when they were made in the Philippines and by God I'm not about to knock em. But over the last couple years my taste have changed and I've had a craving for better glass on all my guns. I've also become enamored with 2-7x's. So recently I bought a Redfeild 2-7x for a Savage 100 build only to find that it was too short for the 2 piece bases I was using. Problem solved. I stuck it on the only .22lr I use anymore, a rebuilt 10/22. Yes, it is for centerfires and has the parallax set for 100 yards. Big whoop. Let's face it, up until the last couple decades quality "rimfire only" scopes were rare as hen's teeth and if you wanted anything with a tube larger than 3/4" you had to go centerfire scope route. Nobobdy cared and animals died. As for AO and objective lens's larger than 32mm......... cough cough, choke choke, not needed on any hunting gun I have IMO.

The best advice I can offer for anyone wanting a scope for any gun is "stay away from China crap".

CB

Originally Posted By: Chris_BriceUp until the last couple weeks every rimfire I had wore a Simmons 22mag scope. Most dating back to when they were made in the Philippines and by God I'm not about to knock em. But over the last couple years my taste have changed and I've had a craving for better glass on all my guns. I've also become enamored with 2-7x's. So recently I bought a Redfeild 2-7x for a Savage 100 build only to find that it was too short for the 2 piece bases I was using. Problem solved. I stuck it on the only .22lr I use anymore, a rebuilt 10/22. Yes, it is for centerfires and has the parallax set for 100 yards. Big whoop. Let's face it, up until the last couple decades quality "rimfire only" scopes were rare as hen's teeth and if you wanted anything with a tube larger than 1" you had to go centerfire scope route. Nobobdy cared and animals died. As for AO and objective lens's larger than 32mm......... cough cough, choke choke, not needed on any hunting gun I have IMO.

The best advice I can offer for anyone wanting a scope for any gun is "stay away from China crap".

CB

I know what you mean, ive been on a quest to upgrade all of my gear a peice at a time. my most used 22 is the first gun i got, as a bday present from my parents when i turned 12, which is a Savage MKII. it has god know how many critters under its belt and who knows how many thousands of rounds thru it, but its a real shooter and gets her done when it comes to small game and grouse. It has a had a Tasco pronghorn 4x on it since i got it and it has been beaten around and dropped etc and never one issue with it at all. but like i said im starting to upgrade so i just sent off $ to Repete to buy a leupy from him for this rifle. it will be the first time a quality scope has been on one of my rimfires and it is the start of less quality not being allowed on my guns anymore.

Elite 3200 4-12x40AO on the Mag Research 22mag. The Marlin 917 wears a BSA 4-16x40AO and at high power it definitely gets fuzzy but so far it is doing the job and SWFA had them dirt cheap when I bought it.

Burris Timberline Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 32mm Ajustable Objective Ballistic Plex Reticle Matte

or

Bushnell Trophy XLT Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm Multi-X Reticle Matte

I have both on .22, I like the burris better, but you can not beat the Bushnell performace for the price.

I got a Marlin Model 60 SS from Wally World for $159 and I had an old, pretty beat up Bushnell 3x9 at home so I threw that on it. Works just fine. The gun (any 22) is fun to shoot but it's not very accurate and will only shoot Fed ammo but it's fine for plinking and having cheap fun.

Back