what kind of glass do y'all put on your rimfires??????

Put my no name 3x9-40 from my Rem 700 ADL on my Marlin .17 HMR, perfect. My Winchester 190 I like the iron sights, always have always will. Some rifles just don't need glass.

Originally Posted By: LeviSSSomething with an adjustable objective. I have a Bushnell Banner on my .22lr...it's actually pretty good.

^ That, if you're going to do any target shooting ^

I've got a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9 on mine, and it's very difficult to null the parallax out at 25 yards. If you're just going to use it for hunting, it wouldn't bother you so much not having the AO.

Millet LRS-1 6-24 on the Savage MK2 in .22LR
Bushnell 3-9x50 on the 10/17hm2
Probably put a centerpoint 4-16x40 on the MK2 in 17hm2

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsOriginally Posted By: rletts77For shooting squacks and what have you..straight 4 or 6 power. Paper shooting, 24 or 36 power target scope.

Im probly just being dumb, but what the heck is a squack??????

Sorry..I just learned that it is a squirrel. My circle of friends call them that. I originally thought they were talking about duck hunting.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsAnyone use the new Nikon Prostaff RF scope?

I have one on my S&W MP15/22lr. A straight 4 power. It works out really well for me.

On my .22lr i've got a 3X9 cabelas pine ridge and on the .17hmr I've got a 3X9 Vortex crossfire. Both have great eye relief and can/do get shot all day but I prefer the vortex outta the two.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGFor occassional target shooting, don't move your cheek off the stock between shots and paralax won't be an issue.

I don't. It's a real challenge keeping that target exactly centered in the outer "shadow" and at 25 yards there's a LOT of parallaz error if you move your eye around.

It gets intense shooting a long string of groups.

I'm shooting 5 shot groups as small as .317, but that's barely better than it will do at 50 yards, which makes me think it's primarily a parallax issue.

If I could use an AO to adjust out the parallax and get a fine focus at 25 yards, I'm almost positive I would shrink the groups.

Since my 10-22 is for killing squirrels and bunnies, and I wouldn't have time to adjust an AO in the field anyway, it's not a big deal. I doubt the close ones care much my shot was off by a half inch anyway.
wink.gif

If I was going to bet beers on target score, though, I'd get an AO scope. Just sayin.

For a budget minded noobie like myself the Mueller APV is all the scope my 10/22 needs, it is a big over powered 4.5-14 but it doesnt bother me much since mostly im squirrel hunting or shooting popcans. And its got an AO.

Originally Posted By: the noobieFor a budget minded noobie like myself the Mueller APV is all the scope my 10/22 needs, it is a big over powered 4.5-14 but it doesnt bother me much since mostly im squirrel hunting or shooting popcans. And its got an AO.

Yeah, that's a super popular choice on Rimfire Central. I wish now I'd gotten one.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGYou can adjust the paralax yourself on just about any scope. Google it.

Yeah, for one particular range. I don't really want my scope permanently set for 25 yards, though.

In fact, just the way it is now works fine. AO would just make it a lot less stressful at close range.

Ive been very pleased with my Mueller APV on one of my .22lr rifles. Great scope and resonable priced as well.
I plan on tring there APT for my next .22 build.

I like my Leupold VX II 4-12 AO on my Remington 541. It's good up close or far away. It takes an accurate rifle to justify spending a bunch on a scope. AO is the only way to go with a rim fire.

Cheap but stable and repeatable Tasco 6-24x with AO and big turrets for target. It's cool seeing the bullet hit the target at 100 yards. I don't recommend this for a hunting scope though as FOV and eye relief are not very good.

TR-1.jpg

I have a handful of Mueller APV's and Mueller APT's on most of my rimfires. On the cheapie 22's that are more or less range loaners I have Simmons 22MAG/Tasco Golden Antler scopes.

We sell quite a few of the Mueller APV/APT's for rimfires. They're hard to beat for the money.

Back