What do you do for a living?

In better days I am a general contractor! As long as Obama leads this country I guess I will at least have ample time to pursue dogs.

I'm a welder for a short line rail road,here in northern az. Good job just can't stand the people I work with. All they do is try to get you in trouble. Makes it hard to wake up and go out there. But it is a job

At 32 I'm kind of at a low point in my life. I started out working at rental shop servicing and repairing equipment and went to school for law enforcement. Spent a year applying for LE jobs after school to be told I need expierance to be hired. Joined the USAF as a security forces for 4 years at Minot AFB. Got out, had lost all interest in becoming a cop at all. Went back to rental repairs and service for 3 years then ran my own lawn and landscape biz for three. I liked it but the economy went the $hit about that time and work was getting less and less. A year ago decided to give my biz up and take a regular job. Went to work at small town car lot doing service and detailing. Although the work is easy thats not what I'm looking for. I'd rather work harder and make more money. I get very little respect and I currently make the lowest money I have ever made. Around here there isn't much oppertunity and most people make just enough to get by unless they were born into money. I liked being self employed but I have no idea what I can get into that would actually make me real money? I'm not perfect at anything but I'm OK to good at many things. Wish I had more oppertunities for sure.

i own and operate a auto body and towing business....its like a full time baby sitting job
smile.gif

Correctional Officer for the last 14 years... Job security is excellent, Seems like there are plenty of idiots trying their hardest to become an Inmate !!!

I've been selling motorhomes, campers, trailers, ect for 22
yrs. The deal was get laid off nov. 1st until mid feb.and it was a dream job for all these years for a hunter. New
management this year is screwing up the gravy train, but only 651 days until retirement.

I am/was an auto mechanic until I got laid off 2 days ago. I will probably stay on unemployment for a month or two until the hunting seasons end. The problem is that I made a good amount of my money through monthly bonuses, and I'm pretty sure my unemployment benefits won't cover any of that. I'll be finding out tomorrow.

Union Sparky. Lucky for me, I have not been laid off. Like everyone else, our shop slowed down. As if right now I think we're hiring. Landed a few big jobs. The one I'm on should last a couple years. I did start going back to school to finish my degree in Constuction Management. Who knows what I'll do with it, hopefully just open a few doors. Mostly I just want to land a job that will give me tons of paid time off so I can hunt, maybe live in the country with some land.

Parts Mgr for a John Deere construction equipment dealership. 34 years come April. I'm lucky, no layoffs since the crap hit the fan in '08 and the company cares about & takes care of all their employees. Counting my blessings.

Fire Capt/Paramedic, been on the department for 18 years. I like the work schedule 24 on, 48 off, it works well with my outdoor addictions.

Last edited:
Back