What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Been loading up some 16ga #9, going to try a few rounds of skeet with my drilling when it warms up. Making up some spreader loads to use in the full choke barrel, got to pattern them this weekend. Not really a target shooter, just like to practice with the guns I hunt with. Was just gifted a couple hundred 12 ga AA hulls, so thats next.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI bought a Mec 9000 today. Think it will speed up loading my skeet ammo compared to the Mec 600 Jr. I had been using.

My buddy was given one (i know right, lucky SOB) and it runs great. Much more efficient. I am starting out on a 600 jr but watching him crank them out really will diminish you aspirations of a 600 JR

I picked up some more 9.3mm Bullets including Lapua MEGA's which i am curious to see how they do. Did a trade on here for 50 gr Nosler BT in .224" for my .22-250 as well.

Now that I have 8208 (and am seeing that more often) next up is a quest for Varget. I haven't seen any of that in over 2 years

Got the 32H&R loaded for hogs and going to try 3 different loads for the 41 Special. Used the Barnes in the 41sp on a deer last season and shot a doe with a 210 cast bullet that had been powder coated. Found a better load for the cast and am anxious to try them on Hogs or Deer. 1 1/2" at 25 yds. Because of wind I did not stretch the legs to 50yds.
I would be happier if I got that at 50yds, but the March wind has been horrible.40mph yesterday...
Playing with the 170gr Sierras right now. Hopefully I can get a good group with them.

Deprimed about 500 45acp cases this morning then this evening started to do more and my daughter and her friend(they’re 6) came down to my work shop to see what I was doing and wanted to help. So I let them deprime a couple till they didn’t slide it in the shell holder good and got it stuck in the die. Once got it out I finished up all my 45 and switched over to .223/5.56 and then I got one stuck so I called it a night and will get out in the morning.

My gunsmith is a league trap shooter, hasn't been able to find shells. He needed primers to even run reloads. I found 5k for him and went and picked them up. While I was at the warehouse I brought home a bag of nickel #5 shot. There will be an upgrade to next years pheasant loads.

Originally Posted By: BoomstickCreated multiple 40gr 223 loads to recreate factory ammo that shoots dimes. Hope I find a powder I have that works....

What powders do you have? I like Benchmark, H335, TAC and LT-30 for .223 Rem.

Originally Posted By: BoomstickCreated multiple 40gr 223 loads to recreate factory ammo that shoots dimes. Hope I find a powder I have that works....
26.5gr H335 shoots 40gr Vmax into small groups.

26.5gr 8208xbr also shoots 40gr Vmax into small groups.

Adjust for your barrel.

I loaded about 65 rounds of 7mm TCU for my 10" contender barrel, using 130 grain, gas checked, cast "boolits." I use 14.5 grains of Alliant 2400. I have been shooting 190 yards every weekend for month with this combo. They are accurate, cheap and fun, without a lot of recoil.

A friend who builds varmint rifles and sells brass gave me some new PMC necked down for 20p to test for him. I made up some loads with IMR 8208 and 32 gr vmax, shot them(24.5-25.5 gr) with CCI450's. Will rerun the test with Fed matchAR. All shot sub 1", once charge got above 25 grs group's were under .5".@100 yards. Shot them with my BHW lightweight 22" AR(1/10t) 3-9x Leupold.

am currently in the process of helping a younger member of the extended family learn to reload for his new 308.

he's got 95% of his equipment, finally scored a batch of (primed!) lc pull down, and i found him a pound of suitable powder last week on the shelf.

he's currently headstamp sorting his LC by year, and getting his press anchored, and i'll be back over there within the next week or so to start to show him the basics and get his first ladder loaded up.

got to shoot his gun last weekend, and that DD 308 is pretty dang impressive (as it should be for the price point). we were shooting norma's 147 and getting about MOA out of it. i expect the hornady 150's we handload should get him down to 3/4 moa or a little better. i cant wait to see how it does with some 168 HPBT or AMAX/ELDMs

Preparing to load some .30-06 stuff. Tumbled brass and prepped some cases, looking at my .30 cal bullet inventory and powder choices. I haven't loaded '06 in years except for my son, but recently couldn't resist an early all Belgium BAR in .30-06 so I'm getting ready to load some stuff for it. Probably going to be 180 grain Sierras and/or Nosler Partitions with H-4350.

Picked up some nice(appear once fired)30/30 brass at the range. Loaded some 9mm with some 115 Speer gold dots I found,cheap. I continue to load 9mm shtf supplies. Also heard from a good source that Cabelas in Owatonna has IMR 4350 and several other powders, small and large pistol primers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootPicked up some nice(appear once fired)30/30 brass at the range. Loaded some 9mm with some 115 Speer gold dots I found,cheap. I continue to load 9mm shtf supplies. Also heard from a good source that Cabelas in Owatonna has IMR 4350 and several other powders, small and large pistol primers.

I have found range pick up 30-30 hit, or miss. I have two rifles chambered in 30-30. One of them seems to have a smallish chamber and will only feed with brass that was fired from it.

I should have a shell holder ground down.

What type of powder do you use for 9mm? I getting ready to load 9mm with range pick up. I have AA#7 and power pistol on hand.

Back