What caliber ya using?

I shoot mostly 12 gauge with a Mossberg 935. If I get a rifle stand I have an AR shooting .223. As of yesterday I'll be shooting .308 in the new
M1A SOCOM 16 I bought.

: )

2d504af5.jpg

Originally Posted By: AZcayoteI shoot mostly 12 gauge with a Mossberg 935. If I get a rifle stand I have an AR shooting .223. As of yesterday I'll be shooting .308 in the new
M1A SOCOM 16 I bought.

2d504af5.jpg

Loooove it!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: AZcayoteI shoot mostly 12 gauge with a Mossberg 935. If I get a rifle stand I have an AR shooting .223. As of yesterday I'll be shooting .308 in the new
M1A SOCOM 16 I bought.

2d504af5.jpg

Loooove it!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Chupa

Oh yeah. I'm really stoked about this one.

Originally Posted By: AZcayoteI shoot mostly 12 gauge with a Mossberg 935. If I get a rifle stand I have an AR shooting .223. As of yesterday I'll be shooting .308 in the new
M1A SOCOM 16 I bought.

2d504af5.jpg

SWEEET!!! You gonna put optics on it?

Originally Posted By: Pat BI'm using a .30-06
Haven't taken any yet, just trying this sport out first.
Yeah, I know ... not fur friendly......but then again I'm not saving fur .

BLUF: +1 for the ol' 30-06.

I have to disagree with the "not fur friendly" part. I've used my 300SAUM and 30-06 to take Coyotes and have had FAR less damage to the pelts than w/my 223WSSM shooting 55gr ballistic tips. The 223 hits it and makes a HUGE hole with no exit. And no, it doesn't matter where I hit it. I thought it was due to bone explosion but hit one in the lung area and the same softball size hole appeared. I'd sell the [beeep] thing but put too much $$$ in it before I did some LFT&E (Timney trigger and nice dose of Natural Gear). Pretty cool to see the coyote go down but absolutely useless if you’re looking for "fur friendly". The 300 and 30-06 goes through and through leaving two tiny holes and one DEAD coyote. Add that to the fact that I feel EXTREMELY confident when I take them deer hunting due to all the predator practice I have with them.

Being a self-proclaimed student of the sport (several books, DVDs and countless hours in this forum) I'd have to agree with the assessment made earlier that the 22-250 is the most widely used predator medicine.

Usually ar in 20pr
sometimes ar 223 16in barrel with eotech and fts 3x mag
once in awhile when it is windy r25 in 243
Hopefully by the end of this weekend ar in 6x45 will be carried mostly

300mag
7mm mag
12 gauge

Gotta agree with Carcass collector, many times i have very little pelt damage with the .300 or 7mm, i don't know why, but often times the exit hole is no bigger than the entry, just about the same diameter as the bullet itself. The odd time though, if i hit em right, then theres not much but a head, spine and legs left.

.243,12g,.223

and STB 264/6.5

And sometime down the road a 243wssm or 6BR just something short and fat that shoots in a AR with a 6mm bullet!

Originally Posted By: AZcayoteYes. Saturday I'll buy the scope mount and then decide what to put on it. Gonna shoot the iron sights tomorrow.
I thought maybe you were going to put an Acog or something on the forward rail. If your getting a reciever mount for it I would suggest strongly the Basset Machine mount.
nqu07d.jpg

Stays zeroed, one bolt on and off and returns to within 1/2 moa. I've tried a few different ones and like these the best.

Back