We Killed Two Hundred... And A New Challenge!

Good work on the 200 goal Mitch, I know that you are a really good coyote hunter, and not very many people have the opportunity to hunt with a partner that can shoot like Marty. You also live in coyote heaven and have the rig that can get you anywhere no matter how deep the snow is. I know alot of the places you hunt becasuse the land owners have told me about you guys, and you really are as good as of a hunter as it looks like on here. Just don't forget no matter how good you get there is always something else to learn. Once again Congrats on an awesome season.
YZ

Yeah whenever you get a chance on the specs for that AR getemclose is fine, maybe send me a message on it. It looks pretty sweet!

Again good job!!

good job Mitch, thats a pile of fur
thumbup1.gif
pm sent

I've shot... edited... and produced alot of videos with Quest productions years ago... I'd be more than happy to help you guys produce a SUPER VIDEO...

mitch, super sorry... thought this was supose to be a pm. tied to delete it but could'nt. mods please delete my last post please.

Originally Posted By: borkonmitch, super sorry... thought this was supose to be a pm. tied to delete it but could'nt. mods please delete my last post please.

You can click on Edit at the bottom the post and delete what you don't want.

Sounds to me like Marty's personality or lack of and arrogance rubbed off on what is more than likely a good but impressionable young kid. Best of luck on your future plans Mitch.

I have captured hundreds of coyote kills on film with production quality equipment. I have found that it is almost as much fun filming the hunt as actually doing the killing. No matter how good you are, as a few of said, your time per stand goes dramatically up. Once a kill is made, the time and effort to make sure you have everything you need takes a ton of time unless you continously want to roll film and eat up tape and batteries.

There have been lots of good DVDs made and there are always ways to make them better. If you really want to create something different, it is going to take a lot of time and time away from actually killing coyotes. It will be interesting to see if you can reach your goal but be careful as the first year I filmed, it almost ruined a sport that I love. Good luck and remember there will be lots of bumps along the way so keep at it.

Last edited:
Just to clarify my question about the tracked ATV being used for chasing. Here in my neck of the woods, chasing coyotes is something that probably 50+% of coyote hunters do. They go calling for 3 or 4 stands until the wind picks up and then they go chasing the rest of the day!! So when people tell me how many coyotes they've killed in a year, I just like to get some clarification. I don't really have a problem with chasing and it's not how I prefer to kill coyotes, but I do know you can sure stack the coyotes up in a hurry doing it, especially with some deep snow!!!

Back before I started filming, I would usually kill 90-100 a year. Once the camera started following us into stands, I've been averaging about 50-60 coyotes a year!! That being said, only about 40 of those kills will be caught on tape and only about 20 of those will be worthy of making the cut on any of my videos!!!

That's just my experience though so hopefully you'll have better luck than I've had!!

MITCH WROTE ...Thats an insult man.. Some people just dont get it.. Not one of them were chased on an atv.. A tracked wheeler isnt even capable of catching a coyote.. They were all called, stalked, or shot going into a stand./
......HERES A LINK TO THE SECRET SOUND , OUR TWO HEROES USE IN WILLISTON NORTH DAKOTA...http://www.coyotehunter.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1789

Originally Posted By: josie
......HERES A LINK TO THE SECRET SOUND , OUR TWO HEROES USE IN WILLISTON NORTH DAKOTA...http://www.coyotehunter.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1789

Nothing wrong with it as long you add it to the rest of the story. It won't look good on film.

Originally Posted By: CoyoteCrazeJust to clarify my question about the tracked ATV being used for chasing. Here in my neck of the woods, chasing coyotes is something that probably 50+% of coyote hunters do. They go calling for 3 or 4 stands until the wind picks up and then they go chasing the rest of the day!! So when people tell me how many coyotes they've killed in a year, I just like to get some clarification. I don't really have a problem with chasing and it's not how I prefer to kill coyotes, but I do know you can sure stack the coyotes up in a hurry doing it, especially with some deep snow!!!

1+

Last edited:
Gotta love the part that says "I can see how a guy can really kill a pile of dogs doing this."

Regardless, 200 is a great haul no matter if you are chasing, calling, trapping, flying, etc.!!!!!

Geoff

Im done hear. Dave, dont even talk to me. You have no fricken clue..

Josie, keep wishing. you will never even understand.. People like you guys fuel me to kill even more. do you want to see my coyotes laid out? not one of them has a snare mark on it.. every snareman knows a large ring will be around the coyote.. were the snare killed them..

I always just shared because I believed people enjoyed my posts.. stuff is changeing..

for those that I was friends with here, thanks! it was good knowing you.. for the rest, keep dreaming!.. its not the arrogance of youth, its the confidence
I can do those things. I live for coyote hunting. its my life. you wouldnt know
the hours we put in..

So long..

Last edited:
Geoff, Ive lost all respect for you.. we snared 7 coyotes this year.. I dont lie, and never intend too. absolutely unreal..

Dave this isnt my first rodeo. I know you didnt intend to PM that, and I know you want everyone to see it.. Jealousy is a nastyyy thing..

To some great friends on here, TonyTebbe, Ursus21, mikegranger, Mtcurman, and more!. your welcome on stand with us anyday!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CoyoteCrazeGotta love the part that says "I can see how a guy can really kill a pile of dogs doing this."

Regardless, 200 is a great haul no matter if you are chasing, calling, trapping, flying, etc.!!!!!

Geoff

Hey man, I just purchased your DVD. I like doing business with people like you

I also can see how I could come off as "cocky" but its just how confident I am.. Its not really intended that way... Like I always say, you have to see it to believe it. We dont kill coyotes sitting on our butts..

If you really want to go through with your plan you are going to have to learn to take a little bit of critisism, both constructive and otherwise. It is your youth that is making you react this way, you will look back in afew years and shake your head. Trust me, I know.

After looking at the above link my curiousity has gotten the best of me!! Obviously since that post was in Dec. of 2010, you have done some trapping this year???? If you've killed 200 calling, what is the overall total?? Hopefully you haven't left for good and can give me an answer.

Either way, I'd be proud of killing 200 coyotes in a year regardless of my methods!! People just want some honestly in the story!!

So I'll start: This year either myself or people with me have killed a total of 56 coyotes. 48 of those were killed on stand, 1 was killed walking into a stand, 1 was a spot and stalk, and 4 were killed while driving into or to a stand, and 2 were chased down in a stubble field!!!

Geoff

Back