Wal-Mart Remmy's

pyscodog

Black Friday on Wal-Mart firearms doesn't start till 6:00AMFriday morning. They only have a few I'm interested in so don't know if it would be futile to get up and fight the crowd.They have 2 06's,1 270,maybe a couple of 243's and a 223. I have two 223's and two 243's so I was thinking 30-06. Not a fan of the 270. Guess I'll se what morning brings.

That $377 was Tuesday morning here --
Don't know if it will get better than that ----
Had a 243 --- talk myself into and out of it ---
Need vs Want ---
Thx

I read somewhere here that at some stores you can put it on lay away then complete the purchase tomorrow for the discount.
Not sure it applies to already discounted guns.

Last edited:
I been up and down on whether to purchase one or attempt to purchase one. With a 20% discount it would be a sweet deal for just over $300. Seems there are other things I could use the money for with X-mas so close.

I didn't see that extra 20%
Coupon or store wide????
Would sure tip the scales ---
I did hear remington mail-in rebate in box
Thx

Last edited:
I read on here the other day that some models were on clearance, but none at my local store.
Kind of been WANTING a BA in .308, but still have a 300 Win. and 300 WSM that still need load worked up (300 WSM was good enough for my deer on opening day).
If the right deal comes along then I could probably talk myself into it easy enough..lol
Still need car parts for a ongoing project..one rifle about the same price as roller rocker arms.

Originally Posted By: Yellowhammer Quote:Not a fan of the 270

Why is that?

No good reason, just don't care for the caliber.

Joker, the 20% was just something I heard. I ask and they confirmed. No coupon needed.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyId pay $10 over retail to not do black Friday. Never been, never will.

After what I saw this afternoon, I agree with you. Black Friday started at 6:00PM Thursday evening and at 3:00PM people were already there setting in the isles and in the shelves, on lawn chairs. Stacks of merchandise stacked to the ceiling, areas roped off with special deals. Just don't seem worth it to me.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I read somewhere here that at some stores you can put it on lay away then complete the purchase tomorrow for the discount.
Not sure it applies to already discounted guns.
This is true, I put 2 on layaway Monday with no crowds and spanking new in the box so I could insure nothing was mixed like a 243 bolt in a .223 b:) I will get the 20% off when I go get it Friday or Saturday when I get time.

I bought a 700 ADL tonight, $377.

The manager asked me if I wanted to wait until 6am, because it'd be another 20% off. I said I'd rather just take it home right now....

I went to Walmart early Tuesday morning, and looked at them. I was waited on by a sales clerk who probably should have been working in the toy section, not the sporting goods section. He said the only 700 they had in stock was a 30-06, and I wasn't interested in it. I did ask him about the 20% off on Black Friday, and if it applied to items placed on layaway, and he said no. So, apparently there is some confusion about that in my local store, anyway. But, you do get a $35 rebate back from Remington, so if some of you guys get the 20% off and the rebate, you have scored pretty good. I will add that my son was in there on Sunday and they had a 223 and a couple of 243's in stock, so word must have gotten around about that price. If I had wanted one really bad, I would have gone Sunday and bought one, but I'm just not a huge fan of the lower end 700's. Now, they did have some 700 BDL's, and if they had marked those down......well, I might have had to have brought one home.

Well, I woke up at 4am this morning the said screw it and went back to sleep. Got up about 7:30,come on guys I'm on vacation, cleaned up, drank coffee and around 9:00 figured I check out the crazy people at Wal-Mart. There was hardly anyone there. I cruised into the sporting goods section and most of the Remmy's were still there. Well, theres one less cause I bought a 30-06. $326.99 out the door. Pretty good snag!!!

Well, there's no way to say you made a bad or even a questionable choice. Remington is good, and the '06 is great. Enjoy your new toy.

And OH, by the way ..............................

Picked up a .223 ADL for 301.60 before taxes this am. Subtract the 35 dollar rebate from that price and I think it is a smokin' deal!

Originally Posted By: csi Picked up a .223 ADL for 301.60 before taxes this am. Subtract the 35 dollar rebate from that price and I think it is a smokin' deal!

I did the same, but where is the rebate?

Back