Utah hunters! (and anyone else who wants to play!)

What do you all think about a western Utah - eastern Nevada hunt, we could split into groups of 3, hunt for the day, head back into Wendover for lunch/dinner and head home after that or stay a night and do it again Sunday with different teams?

Or I am game for just lunch as a group to put some names with faces or hooking up with a couple of you guys and go find some new hunting ground (the state is full of em).

Bigc, call me when you get a chance 244-8172

I would be up for a lunch get together to meet everyone. I have been doin this a while and really prefer to have no more than 1 partner with me, usually my son, (Baboom). I have my spots and get a little protective of them from time to time.

I wouldn't mind at all taking someone one-on-one sometime. I would like to head out with toprow and nail some reds. Give me an E at barbenator45@aol.com

Moose57, you live up on 850 E. in Bountiful, how far south? Wondered in you know the Maw's, Jeff and Tibi?

Skattergunner, give me a shout and let's get together at Doug and Emmy's for chow this week.

I think a nice lunch get together for those of us who prefer not to go out but would like to get to know everyone would be great. How many of us are south of Kaysville and how many are North? Where's the middle?

Dog'n I would meet up with folks in Wendover (or Snowville) to hunt for a day or weekend. If we are in agreement to start early and search for new hunting spots, it really shouldn't spoil anyone's secret spot. From my previous Nevada experience there is no shortage of places to hunt. A couple of weekends ago I drove Hwy 93 between Jackpot and Wells. In the early dawn hours, I found 5 groups of dogs by simply howling from the shoulder (never left the highway). Then spent the rest of the day going back and hunting them.

Doug and Emmys! ! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I'm in Bountiful on 2600 south and Orchard. I think that is a great idea about heading out west for a day and splitting up into groups...lets do it!

I think the eastern Nevada thing wouldn't be too bad. However, I would do an over nighter. Like drive to Wendover on a friday night and be bright and fresh for Satuday morning. Staying in Wendover is cheap too. Or we could do just the lunch thing as well.

Scott B, I received your order today and will mail it tommow. Did you ever go to the calling clinic in Riverdale last Saturday? I did end up going.

I am dumbfounded as to how many Utahns their are on this site. I do think it is a good idea to get together and share a few stories or some grub. Any time would probably be ok with me. I am in central utah and I am sure there are quite a few of you central people because their are not many coyotes that haven't heard a dying rabbit call. Also I would to get together with someone out their that can hook me up with some red fox action. I realy want one of these little critters. I have yet to call and succesfuly take a red fox. Anyone out their that could hook me up would be much abliged.

Wendover- GEE I thought calling coyotes a gamble!
Somebody better stand up soon and take control or I may have race to Wendover and educate all those dogs before anybody else can get there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif All kidding aside, I think its a good place to start out from.
Where's lunch????????????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Heck, if we get enough guys in on this thing we can just form one huge circle and walk towards each other. That way any living thing inside would have to run between us! Could be real productive but the crossfire could be a reaaaaaal b!tc4! The lunch thing sounds like fun. Coyote huntin with 50 other guys sounds like a major cluster 2#@%$#. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It sounds like wendover is a great meeting place! I would suggest we shoot for the first part of march...Hopefully that isn't too far for too many. I shot three coyotes yesterday out towards lowell (spelling?)...so I'm all over heading there again!

Hey coyotekrazy I am in eagle mountain I have only tried down south 2 or 3 times. A couple weeks ago I tried down by the sand dunes with no luck. I am willing to go pretty much anywhere especialy for reds.

Hey redhawk....I just live to the east of you in Lehi....we should definitely hook up! The dunes and out by vernon get hit pretty hard by the toole county bounty hunters....I watched a pair coming in to my call and about at 500 yards they saw saw a truck slow on the highway and they took off like they knew what was coming! I have had some succes howling them lately out there though....no reds for me either though...I see all of them in the city and along the jogging path!

My girlfriend lives in Tooele, Utah and she said when she came home the other day she had a note on her door along with all the neighbors to keep there animals in at night due to severe predation of coyotes, so you guys outa be able to stack some up if you hit the right country.

Hopefully this summer I will make the trip up there and introduce my girlfriends dad to calling predators and try our luck.

Now that we know everyone wants to go lets start making some plans. Wendover area sounds good to me. I think that a weekend trip would be good or we could do a one day trip. I think that splitting up into groups and finding new areas would be the best. No ones secret spots would be publicized and we might bust a few yotes in the process. If everyone is down with that sort of an idea then lets get some ideas on dates. Granted there is a lot of us that want to go, it should make for a great weekend.

I hear a lot of talkin'...who's in charge of this organization anyway! Lets get on with it!
Post a date, time, place to meet, and what to expect and those that want to join in come a ridin'
Those who don't...well it's no fun cleaning a clean rifle!

I'd be interested in anything that gets put together. I'm from the north end of the state. What can I do to help this thing fly?

I will help get the ball rolling, How does this sound?

Meet in Wendover Friday night (February 31) around 7:00pm.

Have dinner toghether in one of buffet rooms.

Draw names into groups no larger than 3 persons per group.

Set zones for the groups to hunt, and assign them by drawing the zones from a hat.

Meet in Wendover Saturday at 7:30 PM at the same Buffet (or elsewhere)to compare notes and Coyotes.

Re-draw teams and zones and do it again Sunday, head home when you are ready.

Post pictures and stories Monday.

Post up guys, what do you think?

Nobody will be pointing out there honey holes and we will have a good time.

If you just want to come out for dinner and make some donations to Nevada, you are more than welcome to join us and we can all put more faces and names together.

Back