Urban Coyotes

The hundred and some stands where made this year Steve. I normaly don't keep track of stand numbers at home but i did it this year to give others a general idea of what it takes..
I made a little trip this week, not to far from home and on stand number one i called in this old coyote.
IMG_1805.jpg

And on stand number 3 i called in (5) coyotes.. I made a total of 5 stands and called in 8 coyotes... What you think of that !!!
IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Edited to narrow screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Job TA. Im glad you got them MN coyotes figured. We were starting tyo worry about ya. Its funny how it all turns around after you get it figured out. Good Job.

Those are S.D coyotes Steve..

Catdaddy; I plan on passing the hat for a collection for Steve, hopefully i can get enough to send Steve to college.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No way Kelly. I was complementing TA. I dont know why we would.

TA, The college you attended in S.D. didnt do you any good so I want to pick my own, is that to much to ask if it is a donation? Thanks for the fine thoughts though.

edit:Tim I forgot how did you do in the mister coyote. I heard you were shootin. Also my ackley is for sale if you hear of anyone

Last edited:
I've read comments on this same scenario on another board. What I find interesting about this topic. Is [no one], can say with 100% truth/fact.

That calling a coyote, without a negative response from the caller. Does not, or will not, encourage a "specific" coyote to eventually attack a child. Man, can only speculate.

Some, may state they know 100% on that. HEY! I'am coyote...Koo-koo-kachoo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
-----------------
I see some reading my above post. Saying welllllLLLLlll, a coyote that shows up & doesn't get a positve reward...WelllLLLLLlllll, thats a "negative" or a "neutral" feedback from that encounter. So why would that incident, encourage a future attack. Really??? So a coyote is governed by negatives or positives? No biological programming?....Nothing, but ONLY learned behavior?....Nothing?

I've watched a standing coyote, hold an ear of corn vertically on the ground[between it's front paws]. Coyote, peeled the husks down & started to eat the corn off the cobb. I've also watched a Red Fox do the same thing. Hmmmmmm, perhaps they shared the same parent? LOL!

You suppose that coyote learned that "learned positive behavior" from it's parent? Hmmmm, a shot in the dark @ best.

Just for fun;
You know coyotes?....Really now?
How many body hairs[exactly] on a 20 lb coyote?
How many Red Blood Cells[exactly] in a 20 lb coyote?
I could go on...& on, but I won't. LOL!

It is my understanding that an "urban" coyote was called in at the KC Expo on Friday night. I am sure that some of the incriminating photos will soon appear. Those guilty parties, Cajun and Uncle Jay, sure can call them in. I consider calling a coyote to within 5 feet a very successful stand, as should anyone. I just wish Cajun would have had a hamburger in his hands so he could have hand-fed that coyote!!!

Anywho, I just wanted to share a story about those wiley midwestern coyotes. I figured some of you might get a kick out of these guys. This is something that I don't think I could have done, but to be honest, I didn't really try. I did however get a response on my "credit card in distress" sound at Hooters!

I'll post pics of the incident tommorrow....I'm tired tonight.
Been driving since 5 am.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This coyote was a true "Urban Coyote" in the purest sense of the word.
He had NO fear of humans, at all, whatsoever.

This coyote had never seen the wild & was born & raised there in town. There are ponds, trees, and people's dropped SubWay sandwiches in parking lots. That is the only life he knows.

What would have been real interesting was to see his reaction to being dropped out in the wild.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back