To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question???

Somebody (skinny?) mentioned that the new BOD is looking for a major sponsor. May I suggest FoxPro? They already ruined this site once before so why not again? Remember the days that you couldn't speak of another e-caller manufacturer without getting banned?

FoxPro wasn't alone in this campaign, their "pro" staffers (I always get a kick out of the world 'pro staff') were in on it, too. Cal Taylor..............yes, I'm talking to you, Sir
smile.gif

This site was ruined years ago by greed and the powers that be on PM also sent out goon squads to create havoc on other sites. I've mentioned this before - us old timers remember well...

Speaking of atrocities, whatever happened to C Middleton? He was one of PM's suck boys and his claim to fame was ruining and bringing an end to the Wyoming Get Together Hunt, where ole' Casey was exposed as a fraud. RedFraud, Mocksucker and a few of the other old guard were pretty proud of C Middleton

Last edited:
I was and am a FoxPro field staff. My business with them has had far more to do with producing sounds over the years than anything else. In my opinion I was one of the first to record some high quality vocalizations and pup sounds that really worked. They did and still do. Now there are plenty of others recording stuff and much of it is good. I stated in a podcast with O'Neil Ops, that I'm impressed by a lot of the new sounds from several call companies and several different people recording them. Some of my great friends like Les Johnson are not Foxpro guys. That isn't going to change my relationship with those people. I was removed from here in the past as many were due to conflicts with some of the powers mentioned. I was with Foxpro then and my conflicts here had nothing to do with them and I wasn't saved from the ban ax because of them. Those moderators have moved on, and as stated I am here because a friend explained his vision for a better board. If my being here is going to cause a dumpster fire so be it. As stated, I have nothing to do with moderation or any other involvement other than being a contributing member.

Originally Posted By: GCBring back Doggin' Coyotes. He not only knew how to kill coyotes but his wit and style was a lot of fun.

I was thinking of him last night. That guy cracked me up!
smile.gif

Speedy,

What is it exactly you take issue with here. I'm getting the vibe you wouldn't be happy regardless, whether it's the problems from years ago, or now with someone like myself who doesn't "look" like your typical Coyote hunter?

I'm not here calling shots Just so everyone knows, I do that with my own gig but not here. My goal is to update this place, make it a place that I can tell my kids to be a part of someday. Expand it, Modernize it, make it profitable again so it can potentially compete with the glamorous FB pages that are diluted, and don't give a crap about hunters.

Can't we all just be friends G-Unit?

Dang, pretty cool way to start over new.LOL Can't imagine why some people were banned to begin with. Eventually you just have to wonder if maybe it's just you.

How about another forum, like Snipershides the Bear Pit, but an updated Church of Painful Truth, that we allow a bit more of this without locking up an entire thread?

I've had more than a few guys personally contact me about reading through this particular thread more than once.

That's generating engagement, views, potential posts as well as excitement between members. I can handle the sticks n stones method easy enough, as long as guys don't go full retard mode.

What will be awesome is on the new Xenforo platform it'll be like the hide, where people can actually like each individual post, or laugh at it. This will be a completely new kind of engagement that will motivate more to post, IMHO.

Wow! I didn't realize their was so much bad blood around here? Guess I'll keep my mouth shut and properly worship the pro-staff of corporate sponsors so I don't get banned. lol

Be back in 20 after I throw all my cover scents away! lol

Originally Posted By: skinneyHow about another forum, like Snipershides the Bear Pit, but an updated Church of Painful Truth, that we allow a bit more of this without locking up an entire thread?

I wondered about that too - even a "venting" thread in the Church for those who want to get this out of their systems. I think we still need to keep it family friendly, but yeah, letting some slack out would be interesting.

Originally Posted By: Speedy BeeSomebody (skinny?) mentioned that the new BOD is looking for a major sponsor. May I suggest FoxPro? They already ruined this site once before so why not again? Remember the days that you couldn't speak of another e-caller manufacturer without getting banned?

FoxPro wasn't alone in this campaign, their "pro" staffers (I always get a kick out of the world 'pro staff') were in on it, too. Cal Taylor..............yes, I'm talking to you, Sir
smile.gif

This site was ruined years ago by greed and the powers that be on PM also sent out goon squads to create havoc on other sites. I've mentioned this before - us old timers remember well...

Speaking of atrocities, whatever happened to C Middleton? He was one of PM's suck boys and his claim to fame was ruining and bringing an end to the Wyoming Get Together Hunt, where ole' Casey was exposed as a fraud. RedFraud, Mocksucker and a few of the other old guard were pretty proud of C Middleton

Speedy I dont know you or who hurt you in the past to make you this way. I feel your mockery, name calling and need to bring up past gripes is the exact toxicity that needs to be left behind if this place is going to thrive again.
Running a forum is a lot more than just banning people because you don't like them. There is a lot more behind the scenes that needs to be considered. In another forum Im on an awesome contributing member was banned for no apparent reason only to find out later he had a habit of getting drunk and sending death threats via pm to people who talked smack about him on the forum while still being a happy helpful guy in the public forums.
This is a hard job for the mods to take on and they need to be commended for taking on the task of making this a better place.
The past is in the past and it should be left there.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that PM should be shut down and a new board started. The PM name is at the top of the ladder and could be easy to save if approached correctly. All search engines bring up PM when predator is mentioned. Every one that is anyone in the predator hunting world has been a member here at one time or another.

When the frog purged the "old timers" several started new sites, some of them were much better run than PM, but over time, lost members just as PM has. Right now we have PM and very few other sites that can match the prestige that PM enjoys.

As to the past and looking forward to the future. Mistakes of the past are for learning, not repeating. If you don't look closely at the past, you will repeat the mistakes.

Maybe something to think about, how the site is structured. Something like term limits might be a step in the right direction.

Banning of members. I detest the word, the process has been misused here too many times, too often used to silence opposing opinions. A personal weapon of choice by the frog. Chastising of members by the mods in open. When it could/would have been better in private. The voting on banning a member should be by secret ballot. The frog always got his way, voting against him could be your demise. The vote to remove a member was not a real vote.

Going to the industry looking for help is a noble effort. However, they, just like a bank, want to see how they will be reimbursed for their involvement in your endeavor. Your efforts might be better rewarded in selling shares, borrowing or selling raffle tickets.

If you don't like what I have to say about this situation, send me a PM stating that, and I'll disappear just as fast as I appeared.

Originally Posted By: IcedteaSomeone mentioned that PM should be shut down and a new board started. The PM name is at the top of the ladder and could be easy to save if approached correctly. All search engines bring up PM when predator is mentioned. Every one that is anyone in the predator hunting world has been a member here at one time or another.

When the frog purged the "old timers" several started new sites, some of them were much better run than PM, but over time, lost members just as PM has. Right now we have PM and very few other sites that can match the prestige that PM enjoys.

As to the past and looking forward to the future. Mistakes of the past are for learning, not repeating. If you don't look closely at the past, you will repeat the mistakes.

Maybe something to think about, how the site is structured. Something like term limits might be a step in the right direction.

Banning of members. I detest the word, the process has been misused here too many times, too often used to silence opposing opinions. A personal weapon of choice by the frog. Chastising of members by the mods in open. When it could/would have been better in private. The voting on banning a member should be by secret ballot. The frog always got his way, voting against him could be your demise. The vote to remove a member was not a real vote.

Going to the industry looking for help is a noble effort. However, they, just like a bank, want to see how they will be reimbursed for their involvement in your endeavor. Your efforts might be better rewarded in selling shares, borrowing or selling raffle tickets.

If you don't like what I have to say about this situation, send me a PM stating that, and I'll disappear just as fast as I appeared.

Sounds like some respectful info to me. I'll gladly swap my position to someone who can pull the funding necessary to update this place and increase it's potential (regarding your term limits proposal).
As I stated earlier, this is volunteer work. I accepted this position not as a power play, but as genuine respect to one of the places I enjoy. Regardless of the people who don't care for what I do.

I believe your ideas should be noted for future referencing.

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerI don't have much more to contribute to this thread or any constructive feedback on things I'd personally like to see change on this website. Except for one thing. The ease of posting pictures here. I've told stories of hunts along with a picture of a bobcat or two in years past. But it was a real hassle. Not that I'm blaming anyone or being a jerk about it. And maybe it's just because I'm not the most technologically advanced individual alive but I've had some pretty cool hunts that'd be a lot better if I had a picture to post along with it.

The number one gripe I've had on here besides that is people who get on here and cut down others who do have a lot to contribute and run them off. Oddly enough, they're guys that posted pictures of a lot of dead stuff in most of those cases. But we all know what that is. For some reason it seems like people take it as a personal attack if someone post a picture of more than one coyote laying out there.

That's great input...and I can tell you that your BOD already has site migration high up on our list of things to-do...we don't like the way we have to post pics and vids either...

As to how folks treat each other that too is something we're watching for. You can agree to disagree and even get into some spirited discussions without being nasty...if you're sole purpose is to be a nasty troll...go to Facebook they'll take anyone...if you want to help make PM a great place for new and experienced hunters, kids, vets and want to protect and promote hunting...we want you...

Originally Posted By: Cal TaylorI was and am a FoxPro field staff. My business with them has had far more to do with producing sounds over the years than anything else. In my opinion I was one of the first to record some high quality vocalizations and pup sounds that really worked.

That's not just your opinion Cal. Your vocalization and pup sound recordings are still some of the most productive out there.

I'm a founding, original member of Foxpro field staff. And still am. I recorded the first decent, really productive prey distress sounds they had, way back in the day. I still record new ones once in a while, but only for my own use.

- DAA

The short answer is NO...the longer answer is that ALL members have a say in how things are run at PM...if there's something you don't like ANY member is welcome to pm and director or any moderator and give us feedback...we take all feedback seriously but to be clear just because we take feedback seriously doesn't necessarily mean we are going to do things that way...we vote on things as a board...nothing is done unilaterally

As to banning members...we take that very seriously as well...it is not capricious or arbitrary...we take a look at what the member is saying/doing and we vote on how we proceed...disagreeing with another member, mod or director won't get you banned...how you choose to do it might be grounds so please be respectful...

I know some are getting hung up on the past...while we can learn from it keep an eye on the future and how we move PM forward...

Not all the bods on the BOD look like that pic...I'm in shape...round is a shape...

Well, I have an idea. Since Foxpro was able to operate this website from behind the green curtain and many of their lieutenants and goons are still here, maybe Foxpro should foot the bill?!

Many people got banned because they used Minaska or WT. But now, this new cabal wants to "leave the past in the past"....too late.

Again, since the main problem was the Redfraud, Mocksucker and Foxpro and the fact that this new BOD won't acknowledge it, then ultimately this site will not, cannot be fixed. It'll be the same ole' sheet with new players but if you folks want to play it this way, then, yes, have Foxpro FOOT THE BILL

I think we have a good mix of new and experienced(old) on our board and mods.

Yes, we are and will be looking for sponsors...the ugly truth is that we need income to do the things we need to do as an organization.

While we will respect our industry partners we make our own decisions as to the direction of our organization and we would hope our industry partners respect that. I have a lot of respect for the industry leaders like FoxPro, IcoTec, Johnny Stewart, All Predator Calls, TNVC, Mojo, Convergant, etc...(I apologize to industry partners I missed).

I also respect other hunters as well as pro-staff, a lot of those staffers are great hunters. Do I have to agree with all of them? No. Do I have to use the same products? No. Should I disrespect them? No. It's that simple folks.

I hope this gets figured out. I would hate to see this place turn into 24hrCF. Too much whining and bitching over there. Usually it is the same guys making fun of, berating, or other types of insults.

Maybe another forum (like mentioned earlier) where they can do that and not clutter up other threads? I also didn't like a bunch of the behind the scenes BS and banning that went on Hopefully those people are gone. I have faith in Dave and Skinny, just don't know if it is fixable anymore. Hoping it is.

It's fixable Dan. It's happening. We don't have a firm timetable for updating to new software yet, but we're closing in on having it firmed up. That, alone, is going to do wonders.

The rest is up to the rest of us. I'm feeling very confident about it, myself.

- DAA

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN A SIGHT/FORUM BUT AM VERY APPRECIATIVE OF YOU THAT ARE TRYING TO MAKE THIS SIGHT REMAIN ACTIVE.
When I found it 10 years ago, I had experience calling and trapping foxes in my younger years but ZERO knowledge of coyotes and the hunting of them. This site and many books/videos accelerated my learning curve immensely.

THANK YOU!!! Mike Eddy

For the comments about FP.running things, that is in the past, I'll admit there was a lot of FP.predudice. AND you didn't get banned just for commenting or using other brands, it was how you went about it. I've been a member for 20+ years and was a member back then.. I've always commented about my distain for most FoxPro products. And my signature line has "Make mine a Minaska" but I did things respectfully and never let someone suck me into a shouting match. I'm still here.

After being a member here that long, I think the new BOD and hopefully sooner than later a new face for the forum with make this "The Place for Predator Hunters to Gather".

Last edited:
Back