Tikka Vs Remingtom

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on Savage and Howa.

And yes, this thread has ran it's course. It's the same way every time when a thread has "vs." in the title.....

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660Don't let 2much fool you all. 6 months ago he was bad mouthing cz's. Now he has a varmint model and he is a regular cz convert. I dunno how he deals with a backwards safety and the bolt handle clearance. Oh I know how! He opened the box and it was driving tacks that simple! I had one myself but a wood stock and it is a nice gun.

I'm loving my tikka. Haven't put it on the bench yet because whats teh point? Mostly a waste of ammo for me. With shooting sticks leaning against my truck tire and a light breeze i'm getting moa and better with factory ammo. Off the bench it much well under moa. The trigger is very nice and it will go down to 1 LB 12oz on my gun measured with lyman digital. That is actualy too light for my field guns. I got it set at 2lbs. Oh yeah this is with a 1.5-5 x leupy i'm sure more power would help too.

I got a mint condition 660 from remingtons glory days. Remington is so sorry they couldn't even build a gun that only fires when you pull the trigger. It has a recall and sometimes when you move the safety it fires. Happened when I was a kid good thing it was pointed in a safe direction when it happened. The day dad passes away I'm selling the piece of junk.

Remingtons are for the 10/22 type crowd. Those who have endless time and money to tinker.

CZ and Tikka are for those who want to open the box, mount a scope, and start shooting. The only mod needed is quality rings.

Never thought I would like a plastic gun so much. Feels a little like a toy compared to my other guns but its a joy to carry and shoot. With my 10mm glock as a sidearm its a lightweight calling combo.

gunphotos038.jpg

Myfirstrabbit023.jpg

guns113.jpg

Myfirstrabbit026.jpg

Man this remmy is a stubby piece of junk. Its got the handling of a 4x4 post. Why couldn't dad have better taste like my uncle and have a sako and annie to pass down!? Or atleast a gun that only fires when you pull the trigger wouldn't be too much to ask for would it?

Where, oh where did you acquire this rifle? I swear, I have the IDENTICAL rifle, it is a .243 that was handed down from my grandpa and I absolutely HATE IT. I will post a picture of this piece of crap. The bolt gets stuck after I fire a round and I can not get it to open. I do, however, have a Browning A-bolt Hunter 243 WSSM that shoots MOA. I don't have any experience with the 700, and I am actually going to buy a 700 here soon, but 2much gun, please tell me what is wrong with a Browning that has quite possibly the smoothest mass produced action available, looks great, and shoots MOA?

I was going to stay away from this thread but I can't help it any longer. I have t/c, ruger,remington,savage, and tikka. For the most part they all shoot great but the tikka's I own are definitely my best shooters. Some complain about the plastic parts on the tikka's but I have put mine through the mill in temp's as cold as -30 and never so much as a hiccup and the other brands probably would have performed just as well.

Another complaint I really get a kick out of are the ones that complain about the length of the action. Now be honest, who has ever lost a second shot on a animal because the action on the tikka was a bit longer. LOL. Really.

I was always a Remmy guy but I gave up on them about five years or so ago when it was obvious the direction of the quality was heading. It's too bad too because it really is hard to beat the feel that a Remington gives you when you pull it up. Now I do have some older Remmy's and I will never part with them because I know that they are way better than the ones currently being produced. Now I know you can still get the Rem's to shoot great with some tinkering but I have alot of more important things to do in my life than trying to get a rifle to shoot. Some people really enjoy doing this and to each his own, but I just want to spend my spare time hunting, not trying to get my gun to shoot and both of my tikka's shot great right out of the box. Not so with some of the other brands.

These are just my opinions and I am sure they will vary from others. The bottom line is whatever gun you like the most and have the most confidence in is the best, whatever the brand might be.

Quote:This thread is retarded
Pretty funny because you can't resist from participating.

Quote:And for the record... if i want a cheap gun that shoots great out of the box.... savage and howa would be ahead of a tikka.

Savage will shoot but they can be Ugly. Howa certainly is not a sure bet out of the box. The trigger is not that good either.

Retarded thread...maybe. I don't recall reading too much negative comments on the Tikkas.

I have 2 of them and one shoots and the other does not. I bought Hidalgos .223 T3 Varmint Stainless model and couldn't be happier with it. It shoots under 1" at 200 yards with 50 grain SBKs and it literally shoots the same hole at 100 yards with 69 SMK's and varget or AA2015.

Now, my .300 wsm on the other hand will not shoot under 1" at 100 yards and I've tried numerous of factory and handloaded rounds. Out of those on here that have the Tikkas that shoot well, I wonder how many are light calibers compared to magnum. The recoil lug design on the Tikkas is fairly poor in my opinion for the abuse they need to stand up to for the heavy recoil on those Lite T3's. I may be able to fix mine by dropping it in a custom Manners stock.

Anyway, here's a link to some interesting reads: https://forums.cabelas.com/showthread.php?t=6813&page=2

And bye the way, after Obama bailed out GM due to piss poor upper management structure, I bought a FORD!

The Tikka "recoil lug" is absolutely, without question, one of the biggest POS ever in gun design. I let you kids finish up here. I'm all Tikka'ed out.

Let's keep it civil now......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: tripod3Quote:This thread is retarded

Quote:And for the record... if i want a cheap gun that shoots great out of the box.... savage and howa would be ahead of a tikka.

Savage will shoot but they can be Ugly. Howa certainly is not a sure bet out of the box. The trigger is not that good either.

I try not to get involved in these discussions either. However, I did get caught up in it. I had a Remington 700 that was a dog.....tried all I knew to do and it would not work....wound up having to sell the thing at a loss. For the time being, I will not buy a Remington 700 again without shooting it first.

It amazes me when people says Remingtons quality has gone heck. The Remingtons 700's that I have gotten in the last 4 years must have been made in the middle of the week when when the employees that built them must had their head on making firearms then going out partying or comming back to work with a hang overs. Plus the Remington's that I inherated from my father and the newer ones that I have shoot less the moa. I must be a lucky.

I bought my first Remington 700 in 1978. It was a BDL in .22-250. I shot many a groundhog with that rifle. Had not a single complaint with it. Even though it had the safety that had to be moved to FIRE to open the bolt, it only fired when I aimed it at a target and pulled the trigger. I traded that 700 for a Colt Python in the mid 80's after I'd used it to kill off all the groundhogs on our farm.
When coyotes showed up around our farm, I bought a Winchester model 70 classic Featherweight in .22-250. A greater calling bolt rifle would have been hard to come by at that time. Never had a problem with it either. It's been retired to the safe with its high polish blue finish and gloss VXIII scope.
I next bought a Remington 700 BDL in .243. I put a CDL stock on it and love this rifle. I used it to take a solo open field triple on coyotes four years ago. That's on three that came in together, all at once. Killed em all with no malfunctions of any kind. First shot 75 yards, dead coyote, second shot 150 yards running, third shot finish on the second coyote, fourth shot 436 lasered yards on #3. Oh, this rifle was an out of the box rifle, no bedding, no trigger adjustments. Just added a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14 scope and went hunting. Next Remington 700 was an ADL in .223. Put a Leupold VXII scope on it and shot a dime size three shot group with the first three rounds after getting it zeroed. The box was still in my truck. Blackhills Reman 52 grain bluebox HP's. This was the cheap ADL with the blind tupperware stock. I didn't like the matte blue finish on that ADL so I sold it and replaced it with a 700 Classic in .223. Yea I knew what the finish was like before I bought the rifle but thought I could get used to it. My mistake, not Remington's. This 700 clasic was the worst shooting 700 I've ever had. I finally got it under MOA but only with 52 grain bullets. It was passed on. Next came a Remington 700 SPS stainless in .22-250. 300 bucks cheaper than a LVSF when I bought it new. This is an absolutely great rife. Half MOA with my handloads using the black tupperware stock that is an absolute POS, but it works just fine.
I'd read all the rave reviews on the Tikka's so I picked one up at Gander Mountain one day. I opened the bolt and it felt gritty. I put it back on the shelf.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI love listening to all the people WHO DON"T OWN Remingtons tell me about how the quality has gone down hill and how you have to spend extra money to make them shoot. When in fact, the guys who've owned bunches of them, and can prove it, do not feel this way at all.

The Tikkas and A-borts and other crap that passes as a "rifle" these days cracks me up, for they are the poster children of the uninformed. People who actually KNOW rifles look at the weekend warriors who buy them them and laugh.........

In reading your posts throught the years you like to make LOTS of opionated and sarcastic comments and come off as a real jerk. Anyone who knows anything about Remingtons should be willing to admit the quality is NOT what is once was. It's going to take a lot more than your opinion to convince LOTS of qualified gunsmiths who have to fix the "high quality" Remington 700s that there aren't headspace, barrel rifling, bolt timing, bad crowns, bedding, and trigger issues with recent manufacture Remington 700s especially the ADL and SPS models.

Why don't you ask Gunshop owners how many NEW out of the box Remingtons of all models they had to return to Remington to fix or replace. Guns that should NEVER have gotten past a good QC inspector.

Yeah I'm convinced you're the only informed person on this site that knows anything about Remingtons. LOL

Well i am the guy that had a Tikka that wouldn't shoot. In fact two of them. I purchase a new T3 lite in SS 26-06. Tryed everything with this gun and could not get it to group. Would not shoot factory loads and spent tons of money on bullets and different powders. Sent it back. They did not want to send me a different gun, finnally did but was almost a year. I could not get that one to shoot either. Tried Sierra,Nosler,Hornady,Speer and Barnes bullets with about 8 Different powders and could not get either to shoot. Traded it in for a Savage...problem solved. I do however own a T3-lite in a 22-250 that is a tack driver and my son a 270 that also shoots. Who knows...

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunYou mentioned Remington specifically. You don't remember your "then and now" comment. How soon we forget. You are obviously dodging the question. If you can't support your answer, don't waste my time with it.

Tikkas look bad all on their own to anyone who knows anything about rifles.......

I don't know too much about rifles. Don't care to put a lot of money in a rifle. Nice scope and a sling do me well. I shoot factory ammo and have no desire to reload. I try a lot of ammo to find what groups well and stick with it. I practice often and and my tikka shoots great. I realize this is your hobby or maybe your job but aren't you tired of getting so angry staring at a computer? If someone wants to customize and work on a gun a remington would be a good choice. From my experience I have to recommend a tikka to someone who wants a gun to shoot good out of the box.
tired of reading your cranky old man posts,
Brad

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThe Tikka "recoil lug" is absolutely, without question, one of the biggest POS ever in gun design. I let you kids finish up here. I'm all Tikka'ed out.

Let's keep it civil now......
laugh.gif

I'll have to trust your expert opinion. Are they breaking, affecting safety or accuracy? OR are you just mad that someone isn't buying the same thing you have and disregarding your opinions? te he

Sorry everyone I did not know I was opening such a can of worms with the question. My Daughters Boyfriend wants to buy her a new rifle. I have always shot Rem 700's and while looking at one for her, it was suggested a Tikka might be a good choice.

I guess I got some opinions on this.

Thanks and Sorry.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Quote:This thread is retarded

Savage will shoot but they can be Ugly. Howa certainly is not a sure bet out of the box. The trigger is not that good either. Now someone is gonna start bashing on savage and howa!!!? tripod3, your barkin up the wrong tree!

Quote:Now someone is gonna start bashing on savage and howa!!!? tripod3, your barkin up the wrong tree!

Looks like your the one "barkin" out of place. If you read the thread I replied to another post, which I appropriately quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back