Thinking of Voting Democrat in November

Originally posted by jrbhunter:
[QB] He acts like someone that has come onto this website to try and manipulate others into believing the liberal hogwash he has been caught up in. QB]
You got me. I've been planning this for 2+ years now.

I'll still be around after the election. I still think Pres. Bush won't be. We'll see. My mind still isn't made up, but don't think I'm voting based on the popular opinion and uneducated opinions of some individuals on this board.

BTW, DaisyCutter has been married for over 4 years now. It's not his fault he only has sex with himself.

Off to talk motorbikes now.

Whoa - hold on a minute here.

The Patriot Act is one of the biggest afronts to individual rights this nation has ever voted into law.

Part of the problem is Bush's view of his job. He continually claims that his job it to protect the people of this country. That is not his job. His job is to protect and defend, and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. The Patriot Act does not do this. This is just one example of his arrogance.

The war on terror? Where is Bin Laden? He is still responsable for killing more Americans than Sadam was. So where is he?

Where is the Anthrax killer? Remember him - or her - or them? We haven't caught them and they did their crimes right here in this country.

Where are the people who burned 4 Americans?

Where are the people who cut the head off a young American?

Why is the strongest nation on the face of the earth in a Defensive position allowing terrorist to continually regroup so they can attack again.

Why did the US Military pull out of the two cities in Iraq and let the insurgants go? So they can pick up arms and fight another day and kill more young men and women?

Tax cuts? Sure I got a few bucks back. I can spend it all on gas now. And them some. Some tax cut. Yet Bush refuses to release anything from the Stratigic Oil reserves. Even if it might help the "little guy". Oh yeah, he blames congress for the energy problems in the US. Isn't the congress controlled by the Republicans?

School vouchers? Do you really think school vouchers will solve the education problem in this country? How about we stop educating illegal aliens? A lot of teachers spend a lot of time trying to make sure some of these ESL (English as a Second Language) students understand them. Oh and he was all for giving them amnesty and drivers licenses too wasn't he? I think he was.

Bush was a better choice than Gore, and he is probably a better choice than Kerry, but that's like trying to decide if you want to eat dog crap or cat crap for dinner tonight. You got a choice, but both taste like crap in the end.

Daisycutter,

You know what’s going to happen come November on Election Day?

You’re going to get off work and you and your wife are going to head over to your precinct to vote.

You’re going to step into the booth and you’ll pause and ask yourself… What would TAC do? (LOL).

Watch, you will think of me now!

The hunted one,

Every president swears to uphold the constitution. The primary responsibility of government is to protect its citizens.

The Patriot act gives our government the same power to go after terrorists as they have to go after organized crime. Give me a better option for our government to use in order to root out terrorist cells?

Excerpt:
I think we have executed our plans in Afghanistan brilliantly. It was thought by many that the U.S. would be bogged down for years in a gorilla war with the Taliban. This analysis was due to the fact that the Soviet army – supposedly our equals- lost some 22,000 men during the 10 year war and had 75,000 wounded and because of their experience, we would meet a similar fate against our war hardened opposition. The difference was we were there to get rid of the Taliban, who were viewed as occupiers by the true Afghani people. U.S. Special Forces coordinated with the local warlords and together they defeated the Taliban. In a matter of weeks the Taliban was out of power and on the run. The U.S. helped establish a new Afghani government and with U.S. providing temporary security, they have survived.

Excerpt:
Are we safer today? Yes, definitely! We are aware of the dangers and have taken them more seriously. Don’t buy into the “sky is falling” mantra. We are “kicking a$$ and taking names”.

Excerpt:
We could easily take the city Falujia in a week if we wanted to; we could level it flat if the order was given. But again, our military strategy is beyond our media’s comprehension. We have no need to conquer the city… what would be the point? It is more important to contain the insurgent terrorists there and prepare the new Iraqi army.
Once the new military is ready, they will take care of the insurgents. At that point they will be a new country defending itself. Arab (and some U. S. media) support for the insurgents terrorists will dissipate.

The hunted one, you don’t need to crush every resistance to win the war. Some of our military men commit their lives to studying the strategies of war, I don’t understand why we always try and second guess them?

School vouchers will introduce competition for students. The commodity will be a better education. Is that bad?

Where is Bin Laden? So where is he?"

Bin Laden is living in a friggin cave hunkering like Saddam was. Instead of being out buying up oil reserves like he was when clinton had his head turned for 8 years. He'll turn up! He's killed more americans but can't come close to the number of people Saddam killed and tortured during his tenyor.

"Where is the Anthrax killer?"

The Anthrax investigation is still going on, it was executed VERY WELL. They are questioning people to this day.... maybe clinton should have come up with the Patriot act so we would have seen the anthrax coming.

"Where are the people who burned 4 Americans?"

Some of them were apprehended at the scene, others were women and children that walked off into a crowd of protestors in ananemity. I guess you would have instantly been able to pick out those arabs huh?

"Where are the people who cut the head off a young American?"

They're being tracked every day, there's a 15 million dollar bounty out for the leader if you think you could do a better job just buy a plane ticket! The american just happens to have TWO DIRECT TIES to Al-queda... thats not getting much press. Sadim Al-Sadir & The shoe bomber both had ties to that man.... he was no angel!

"Why is the strongest nation allow errorist to continually regroup so they can attack again."
Why did the US Military pull out of the two cities in Iraq and let the insurgants go?"

How many years have you been organizing strike force manuveurs? Nobody was LET GO! Would you rather fight an invisible enemy or allow them to gather in a mosque or motel for a meeting? They literally allowed those thugs to sneak in and gather up... then one or two fighter jets killed 40-60 of them in two minutes!! I guess you would have continued to risk hand to hand combat with invisible enemies? Stay up to date on this stuff if you're going to complain about it!

You guys complaining about gas prices as if BUSH has ANYTHING to do with its a joke! Unlike Kerry BUSH has and will continue to research ways to get cheaper oil for us. Unlike Kerry He is AGAINSTS the constant reformulation of gasoline. Unlike Kerry He is FOR drilling and exploring for new oil here in the USA to cut the apron strings from the middle east. Your man KERRY is the one that proposed ANOTHER 50 cent tax on gasoline... that would be on top of the current prices. Clinton set the stage for this oil crisis, we've seen it coming for a long time but it never mattered until you paid at the pump huh?

Maybe you should take a look at Clinton's trickle down gas situation and heed the warnings we are giving you about Kerry and your GUN RIGHTS!!

So it's not OK for Kerry to blame Bush for higher gas prices.In 2001 Bush blamed Clinton/Gore saying almost exactly what Kerry is now saying,like" in the pockets of big Oil"or," needs to make a phone call to the leaders of of Opec nations telling them to open up the spigots."
Both will say whatever it takes to win this coming election. Both try to define there positions bassed on our possitions,not theres.
School vouchers? God save the Private Christian School who excepts one.Or any school wanting to be independant of Govt control.( thats what messed up public schools )Yes Bush increased Govt regulation in the public schools,something he campaigned against.Yes the Patriot Act( don't you just love the ring of that)should protect us from foriegn Terrorist,but increases the governments roll in our private lives if it so chooses.And while Bush may not want to meddle in our private affairs, how about the next president? Bush will not get my vote,but please,why would I go off the deep end and Vote for Kerry.
Lets not even go back and look at Kerry's tratorist activaties in the 70's,lets roll ahead to the 90's when he was chairman of a committe investigating the Vietnam POW's/MIA's. As chairman he had 100 or more Documents verrifying sighting of POW/MIA's in Vietnam.These ducument were the cause of numerous govt employees quiting there cush jobs because the Feds were not acting apon the sightings.It also gave rise to Kerry's investigating Committe. Kerry had all the documents Classafied then tried to destroy them before any could be read by senate staff members.POW/MIA committe staffer John F McCreary charged that Kerry had engaged in a coverup by ordering the intelligence briefing on the issue shredded- all copies and the origonal.. The shredding stopped only when some intelligence staffers called for a criminal investigation.[1992]The Center for Security Policy obtained a vedeo of Sen Kerry in Hanoi metting with Vietnams President LE Duc Anh.Kerry told his host" All we need to lift the embargo is to show the American People that there is a proccess for resolving the POW/MIA accounting"" I can asure you that we will not make public anything embarrasing to your Govt.Shortly after Kerry came out publicly for granting most favored nation status for Vietnam, Boston-based , Colliers International became the Communist nations real eastate agent in the U.S.The CEO of C.I at the time was Kerry's cousin,C.Stewart Forbes.Coincedence?

Bush hasn't done anything to increase our energy supply???

Well, that must be why the environmental community is so against him??

ANWAR was voted down by the Senate!! That's a part of Congress.

Now do you expect Bush to write an executive order to start drilling there??

The Senate is controlled by Republicans, that "control" gives the party the choice on what is voted on ..... it does not gaurentee how the vote will go. There are some weak A$$ED Republicans who vote Democrat regularily. They crossed over on ANWAR.

The Strategic Oil Reserve is not for "gas pains", it's for real disasters ..... REAL ONES!! It is too small to sustain a down-slide in oil prices. The problem with oil supplies are simply too entrenched and too large for the tiny SOR to impact it!!

Clinton dipped into the Reserves and it had about a 30 second effect!! Exhaust it today and we would be at great peril to terrorist attack refineries and/or pipelines.

I also have serious doubts about the Patriot Act. But not with Bush at the helm. Give that sweeping power to the next Clinton and cover your rear end!!

Someday we will have another Clinton in there, maybe the one that REALLY WEARS THE PANTS!! Perish that thought!! Bush should "deactivate" the Patriot Act at the time he leaves the White House!!

Mark

jrbhunter - you need to look into some anger management /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's just a discussion.

I never said for one minute I was a Kerry supporter. I am not. I am not a Bush supporter either though.

So lighten up OK? If you don't want me to play in your sand box, just say so. If there is no room for discussion, if it's your way or the highway, I'll leave. But I'm going to have to walk as I can't afford the gas anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Try to have a nice day.

I think its just disgusting that someone could call themselves a sportsmen and still bash and cut on George W. Bush. Not necessarily bash on him but do it during a time where any negativity only helps persuade undecided voters to vote for a communists like Kerry.

Its not my way or the highway, but you're political beliefs sure make me wonder why you are here. All of that liberal hogwash about gas prices and the govt squeezing on you too hard in the name of national security... all that crap belongs on PETA.org or MOVEON.org not here at predatormasters. Unless your just looking to instigate arguments with people who obviously feel very passionatly about hunting and shooting sports then I suggest you do move on to someplace more comfortable for you.

And for the record... not voting for Bush IS voting for Kerry. Just like blacks staying home and not voting for Kerry is voting for Bush. If Bush doesn't carry Sportsmen and Religious groups.... he's screwed. I'd be ashamed to withhold my vote from Bush then watch Environmental & Gun restriction get tighter.

you people need to read you history books.gas prices will go up no matter what becouse irack no longer has the food for oil program. estabished by ronald regon.(republican) which is why the us oil prices were so cheep. no matter who is president with this bill now void gas pices will go up. so think about uor real. problem following what you belive in. avd vote wisely.

Ok so that you know I work in the petroleum industry so I do know little know how it works.
If you think Bush can just pass an energy plan your wrong it must be voted on.
The price of gas is so high for about 4 big reasons
1 the price of oil is at almost $42 a barrel thanks to OPEC cutting production. YES Bush has talked with OPEC leaders and it looks like some may start increasing production.
2 The demand for oil in the fare east is going up China and India are using a lot more them in the past.
3 Supply and demand rule the refineries are running at about 98%. The demand is still going up but the supply can’t. Why you ask because every time someone try to build a new refinery or reopen an old one you spend years in court and getting all the permits only to end up finding out that by the time you finish it’s no longer cost-effective to even open the place. It’s a simple game that the bunny loving tree hugging freaks play regulate and litigate the project to death.
4 THE MARCKET WILL BAER IT. Welcome to capitalism at it’s best people.
Yes I know the oil companies are posting record profits it’s funny every time someone complains about this I have to think to myself isn’t that way your in business to make money or an I strange. I just what to know when did it become wrong to make money when did we start thing because your making a lot of money off something people what and need more and more it’s a bad thing and your ripping people off. It’s one thing if your holding back and cutting production to increase profits but if the demand in out stripping the limited supply them yes you have ever right to make money by increasing prices.
If you’re going to vote because of one thing make it a good one. I like the way it was put on the news look at how Osama what’s to be president then vote for the other guy.
WBH

Funny how this topic has gravitated towards an oil/Bush connection. It seems the bottom line is gas prices in this election year.

I read that the record profits that the oil companies are shoveling in are the American way. Capitalism at it's best. What confuses me is how we can sit here and justify that all is well and good when it's the oil companies, supplying a "necessary" commodity but in the past, when other corporations would be doing the same thing, they are in court fighting charges of operating a monopoly.

One big name comes to mind. Bill Gates. Made it possible for the average joe to use a computer without being an Einstein yet has spent millions in court. If you can take a company to court over an operating system you designed that is used world wide because someone whines that the competition is too great, then doesn't it reason that if a few companies have the whole country under their thumb then the same law of the land should apply? Yet price fixing (gouging) has never been investigated to it's fullest. It always seems to quietly disappear. It sure seems like a double standard to me. IMHO

Of course, that is the American way, right?
Just some food for thought.

Cro-mag

They can't make any more gas!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is not complicated. How can the price come down if demand is more than supply. If the refiners are stuck, unable to add refining infrastructure they have no new large expenses, they just sit there making the same amount of gas, raking it in. Tell me they are lying about not being able to build more refining capacity and I'll show you illegal collusion, but beyond that I don't see a legitimate argument here no matter what you are paying for gas and how much it pizzes you off! If green regs are keeping new refineries unprofitable then your government has eliminated competition and created the monopoly situation. Eventually you realize one of two things will happen. Gas will get so expensive that either building a new refinery will become profitable again or new fuels will start to compete with gas and then competition will start to moderate the price again. If it's any consolation to the liberal Bush haters, Bush is probably culpible because he's too chicken to tamper with the environmental regs for fear you guys will call him the worst environmental president in 635 years and plaster the front page of your red rag newspapers with pictures of Granola Marxists chained to beech trees to prevent groundbreaking on a new refinery site. You made your bed. Lie in it and shut up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Retail prices will be lower when the per barrel crude price drops.

OPEC is discussing increasing production by about 2 million barrels per day. If they do, the price will drop.

While we can't use any more crude right now, we aren't the only consumers. China in particular is buying hugely increased qty's of crude. What we pay for crude is directly reflected at the pump.

The hunted one,

I’m with you… It’s much more interesting to have someone to persuade than to just blather on and “preach to the quire” as they say. Passions run high with politics and that’s especially true right night with our soldiers fighting a war.

One side can’t believe we would put our countrymen is harms way for oil. The other side can’t understand why some Americans do not have the will to go after the animals and their friends who attacked us.

It sounds like you are one of the undecided voters who will decide this coming election…
Where about do you live??? …Just kidding!

Daisycutter... Come back!!

You made your bed. Lie in it and shut up!

Quote of the day! Did they think all those environmental crybabies were going to help them in the long run? Maybe they (Liberals) should go see a leapord frog or a spotted owl for some gas price relief?

Stu (and others)

You are right again… As more counties become more industrialized they increase the demand on oil. If oil production does not increase to meet the growing demand – which is the case – prices go up.

There are a couple of good articles around about China and how their growing economy is straining worldwide oil supplies.

More people need to be aware of this…. But I’m just preaching to the quire here. I’ll have to go out later and ambush some of my neighbors and scare ‘em… I mean persuade them into understanding my point of view...

“Don’t answer the door… It’s that Right Wing political activist again!”

Weedwacker,

I see your little tirade must be directed towards me personally but since I don't know for sure I will respond to this in general.

From what I've read, which may be taken with a grain of salt depending on which sources you use, it may not be so much a problem of supply of crude product even though OPEC has cut production, but our abilities to refine said product.

Granted, EPA regulations are a joke. The enviromentalists are a royal pain in the a*s, putting the well being of this country and independence from foreign fuel sources behind their own twisted agenda. It's all about control.

I have been in the construction industry for over 25 yrs. so I sure as hell don't need you or anyone else trying to fill me in on the EPA regs. and what a joke they are. I also have dealt with my share of tree-huggers over the years so we won't even go there but it does brighten my day to be told those trees stay as we bulldoze them into oblivion.

The basic point I am making is that there are ways to comply with or get around existing regs. Yes, it may cost a few bucks but it can be done. Has there been a new law added to the books that I wasn't aware of that states "there will be no new refineries built, ever." I don't think so.

Are oil companies willing to spend the time and money to try to comply with or change said regs. so new refineries can be built? Not that I've heard of. Why would they. The perfect cop-out. "We can't refine any more." Waaaahhhhhh. Seems a little strange, even though the costs of those new refineries would be paid for by the consumer in the end, no one seems to be making an effort. Just like you stated yourself  " they just sit there making the same amount of gas, raking it in." Illegal? Hardly. Collusion. Hmmm. I would welcome the attempt to get new refineries online. Do you realize the amount of work that they would make available to the American public, from the guys in my business to the refinery workers themselves? What a boost to the economy that would be!

I've also been waiting on the natural gas pipeline off the North Shore that was talked about in the mid to late 80's. A man can make some mucho dinero on that kind of job, but to no avail. The ANWR looked promising at first but we'll have to wait and see.A lot will have to change.

Myself, I haven't been bitching a whole lot about the price of fuel. Why get upset over things I can't control. Life is too short.

I also see you have used the term "you" quite often in your post. I will take it as a generalization of the people you despise and not towards me personally, especially since I don't know you personally.

And yes, going to bed does sound like a good idea. Seems like someone missed their nap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And just to make it clear, only my wife tells me to shut up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cro-mag

Back