Thinking of Voting Democrat in November

O.K. let's try a test. Suppose you are Mr. Big oil. You got some refineries and you sell gas. You cannot build any additional refineries because your accountants have handed you a big thick report that says regulatory red tape, environmental regs and consulting, zoning, taxes etc. will render it unprofitable. People want to buy more gas from you than you are able to produce. Are you going to:

A. continue to sell at current price until you run dry

B. Increase the price until your demand matches your production

Be honest.
No - YOU be honest.

Gas prices have gone up over 30% in the last two weeks here in New Hampshire.

Can you HONESTLY tell me that gasoline consumption has gone up 30% in the same time frame?

Be HONEST.

There is a direct corelation to a relatively unknown G W Bush raising a record amount of money in a record amount of time 4 years ago to finance his campain and the price of gasoline the past four years.

Now, think about this. The Bush people just reported that they had raised a record $200,000.00 for the campain this year already, and gas prices have gone WAY up in the past few weeks.

You can hide behind your right wing conservative banner all day long, but the fact remains that President Bush and his cronies have more ties to big oil companies than Iraq has sand.

There are perhaps 2 or three big oil companies in this country, and they are in colusion to raise prices and keep them there.

The difference between Clinton and Bush is that Clinton wasn't smart enough not to get caught. Neither is Bush, but he has better people working for him who have enormous amounts of money at stake in keeping what this administration does from the public. Bush is a puppet. He does what he is told. He was put in power by big oil and big business, and they run his administration.

No - YOU be honest.

Gas prices have gone up over 30% in the last two weeks here in New Hampshire.

Can you HONESTLY tell me that gasoline consumption has gone up 30% in the same time frame?

Be HONEST.
It's not a linear relationship. When your refinery is running at 97 or 99% capacity gasoline consumption CANNOT go up 30%. Where would the gas come from? Your going to jack the price however high you need to keep consumption from going up past that last 2 or 3 percent. That's how you maximize your profit.

There is a direct corelation to a relatively unknown G W Bush raising a record amount of money in a record amount of time 4 years ago to finance his campain and the price of gasoline the past four years.

Now, think about this. The Bush people just reported that they had raised a record $200,000.00 for the campain this year already, and gas prices have gone WAY up in the past few weeks.
Bush raises lots of money in the same general time period that gas prices go up, so that means one is the result of the other? We've had lots of rain this spring here in Indiana too, does that mean that showers cause the gas prices to go up? Has it occurred to you that a rebounding economy, an SUV and horsepower fad, the onset of the spring driving season, and an increase in crude prices might have more to do with this than Bush?

Are you saying that Bush gets the entire FTC to look the other way while the oil companies collude and give him a huge donation? Has he gotten an inordinate amount of money from the oil companies? What have democrats gotten from big oil? Gore is into Occidental Petroleum in a big way, is he a big oil man? Is he helping cause this too?

There are perhaps 2 or three big oil companies in this country, and they are in colusion to raise prices and keep them there.
I think there's more refiners than that. With Clinton's administration allowing 21 mergers and Bush allowing 33.

and keep them there
So gas prices will still be over $2 a gallon next January? Maybe your right. We'll drag this thread out of the archives in Jan. and see.

If the refineries are lying about being at full capacity or deceptive about not being able to build more refineries at a profit, they may well be in collusion, but short of that, it makes perfect sense that they would jack the hell out of the prices rather than run themselves out of production at a lower price. You will REALLY be bitching if the price stayed low and gas stations started running out of fuel. And you would find a way to blame that on Bush too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Why don't you just answer my original question? What would you do if you were MR. OIL?

In 1981 gas went for $1.34 a gal .Adjusted for inflation, today it would be $2.87 a gal.
Refineries can refine oil cheaper today than they could then. But we haven't built any since then.We don't exsplore for new oil fields, the inviromentalist have stopped that.
Why is gas more exspensive today,because of Government regulation and laws,inflation being the biggest culprit.Our dollar is worth less than it was last year, so those record proffits Exxon makes are worth less when you adjust for inflation.( who's fault is our falling dollar?)
Eouropeans pay 2% more now for Arab oil, we pay 40% more because our dollar is worthless as compared to the Eouromark.
What happened to the Govt Petroleum reserves? Clinton sold them off to bring the prices back down when he was president. The biggest petroleum reserve was sold off to Occidental Petroleum( Elk Hills Naval Reserve)It just so happenened that Gores Daddy was sitting on Occidentals board when they bought it from the Govt thanks to Clinton. To believe that Republicans only represent big oil is laughable. Both side use there power in govt to make huge profits where ever they can be found .
The easiest way to determine who NOT to vote for is: find out who NOW,NAACP,ADL,Rainbow Coalition,NAMBLA and the Gay and Lesbial organazation are supporting. It's a safe bet there all backing Kerry.

People have short memories. Gas prices went up last spring, down last fall. Up the spring before, down that fall. And the year before, and the year before...

I paid almost as much for gas coming here in late may 2001 as it costs me to fill up right now.

There are a number of factors, all fo which I and others have discussed here already, that account for this. Gas prices are up this season, as they are every summer. They'll be down this fall, as they are every fall.

People have short memories. Gas prices went up last spring, down last fall. Up the spring before, down that fall. And the year before, and the year before...
You hit the nail on the head with that quote. People do have short memories. It's a perfect example of the dumbing down of America.

Gas sells for 1.25

It goes to 1.50 - and every one gripes

It goes back down to 1.45 and every one is happy again.

Then it goes to 1.75 - more griping

Then it goes back down to 1.60 - everyone is happy again yet they are paying more for gas now than when they griped that it went over 1.50

You can not tell me, at least I am hard headed enough not to believe, that an 28% increase in the price of gas in 2 weeks has to do with the price of crude oil that hasn't even been delivered yet ( the prices are based on furters ) or with the increase in spring driving.

Believe what you will about refineries, crude oil prices and driving habits, but someone is making a TON of money on this deal. Let's see the big oil companies come out and publically open their books and tell the American people why they have to charge so much for a product that is not a luxury, but for most, a necessaty.

And to answer the question "what would I do if I were Mr. Big Oil?"

I would be gouging the hell out of the American people just like they are if I knew I had the POTUS in my back pocket and could get away with it.

This entire issue has nothing to do with crude prices, refinery production, taxes or anything but pure GREED and PAYBACK.

You go ahead and pull this thread back up in January. We will be paying over 3 bucks a gallon for gas by then, maybe more.

I love all you guys too much to keep getting pissy about this situation. This is a great board and I probably need to tone down my retoric some. I wish it were Decemaber and snowing so I could justify going out and shooting a coyote or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I figure that all we need is two or three more Democrat administrations...... and there won't be a single gun in the citizens hands anymore.

Total subjegation!! .... and it's called "Sensible Gun Control"

What a crock. You bet.... short memories.

Gas is high? Sure. You force existing refineries to close (Clinton/Gore).

You force no new refineries to built since 1972. (Environmental forces .... the Democrats are at their beck and call)

The Arabs are taking advantage of the Democrat votes against opening ANWAR (our own oil in Alaska).

Reformulation of gas so that there are so many blends and different concocotions of gas that have to be made and transported to different areas (Clean Air Act "at any cost") that a nightmare ensues.

The economy is picking up and it's spring. Gas is in more demand this year.

And IT'S BUSH'S FAULT??

O'Contrare!!

Democrats do all these things, cry foul, cry investigation. .... it got investigated during the Clinton years. Nothing came of it. If it was crooked and that good ole boy was half as good as he told us on an almost daily basis..... it should have gotten fixed right then and there.

NOTHING HAPPENED. Why? No smoking gun!! WHY?? Because to release the real reasons for gas price hikes would uncover the folly of the "modern liberals"

"Environmentalism run amok"

Mark

Hey Mr. Mark, you are right on several accounts. But I still disagree with you a bit. I think there is colsion between the Bush administration and the oil companies.

Smoking un you say?

Look at the fund raising the Bush people have done this election and last.

I'l like to give Bush a contribution to the campain, but it's going to cost me about 600 bucks more this year than last to put gas in the two jeeps, at the current prices, who knows what is going to happen in a few months, and when you factor in what it's going to cost to buy everything else we buy on a dialy basis that is shipped via the roadways, that'll probably cost me another couple of thousand bucks this coming year, so I need to save the money. Besides, just by buyng gas I contribute to his fund, so there really is no reason to contribute twice.

TheHuntedOne,

The Clinton/Gore campaign headquarters took up a entire floor of the ARCO building in 96.

Where do you think that came from?? ................... maybe because Clinton cut a deal for them with China??

Gore owned/owns stock in Occidental Oil. Ever hear that on CBS or the rest?

The Liberals bash this and that, greedy so and so's anyway....... then they get their palms greased this way and that.

Bush to his credit, tried very hard to get ANWAR opened for drilling. That would increase supply of domestic oil.

Increasing supply would do two things. It would lower prices and ...... it would have cooled the "jets" of OPEC.

Now, with Bush trying to increase supply and the Dems trying to make us all ride bicycles ..... where does the notion that DEMS are going to save us from high gas prices come from? CBS??

I guess that since there wouldn't be any gas to buy in the first place ..... it's price won't matter??

Now, I disagree with many of Bush's actions since he's been elected, but I won't even get close to the crap the media is trying to sell us. AND I will push real hard at voting time to avoid a hanging CHAD. AND that vote will go to BUSH.

I want my guns, and I want a President that lets markets work and tries to lessen environmental follies that are hurting the economy. The Dems talk about jobs, then go behind closed doors and kill them (patsying to enviros). Then come out and bash Republicans for killing jobs. The media is an accompliss to this and gives the Dems the cover to complete this brainwashing scheme.

This kind of Presidency does not turn on the Liberal media except to extinguish it, but it is what built this country.

The Clinton kind TEARS IT DOWN!!

Regards

Mark

Surely you guys are going to do more investigation before you vote for a friggin democrat? Gas prices should be about $2.80 after inflation adjustment, the only reason they haven't been was so soccer moms could fly home in their SUV's to watch Oprah without breaking the bank! The fact that you visit this website means that you should be DEPSERATLY opposed to Kerry and his voting record! Gas is going to be expensive no matter what, the middle east is unstable and Clinton got 29 grades of gas formulation pass with his liberal EPA six years ago... whats done is done. If we don't set legislation to reformulate gas to be less ECO-Friendly then just forget it and be preparted to pay 2-3 bucks a gallon.

Originally posted by MHerke:
[qb]TheHuntedOne,

Bush to his credit, tried very hard to get ANWAR opened for drilling. That would increase supply of domestic oil.

Mark[/qb]
Then Bush is truly a moron, because as I've been repeatedly informed of... ALL THE REFINERIES ARE OPERATING AT 99%.

Being an "Oil-Man", Dubya shoulda known that an increased crude oil capacity wouldn't have had a significant effect at the pump.

Bush is currently ON DUTY. Right now I'm paying $2.15/gallon for gasoline.

I say he's not doing his job. Bush, pass an emergency bill for a dang refinery or twenty. Justify it SOMEHOW. Tell the EPA to STFU, go on prime time TV, ask the people whether they want cheap gas or clean air and baby seals. We can all vote with our cell-phones. (And don't tell me that these fuel blends make the air significantly cleaner. A 2004 Honda Accord will always pollute less than a 1975 Chevy Caprice... No matter what fuel you burn).

Bush hasn't conveyed to me the impression that he gives a squat.

(And I don't give a ____ if you can rationalize $2.15 as cheap by today's standards, I can't adjust my debit card for inflation since 1974.)

Daisycutter,

I looked at your original posting again and was surprised I didn’t see it before.

Quote:

I've always voted Republican based primarily on two issues: Gun-rights and Abortion.
I already have two kids and a slew of guns, right now I want cheaper gas. I'm starting to believe that Dubya mucked up, intentional or otherwise. In December I think he'll be a lame-duck.

You appear to be one of those guys who must have instant gratification or something’s wrong. You vote republican based only on two issues - The rest doesn’t matter to you as long as you have yours.

Many of us vote based on morals, values, taxes, schools, security etc.

The Republican Party, like the dems put out a party platform every election cycle to clarify there position and direction they would like to the party to go.

This year please take a look at both party platforms and decide where you belong before you vote… who knows, maybe the Dems will offer gas subsidies for those earning less than twenty thousand.

Last week there was a vote in the Senate to exstend unemployment benifits. It was a schedualed vote Kerry knew of for a while. Kerry did not put his campaign on hold for a few hours,go back a do his constitutional duty.He choose to do what he deemed best for himself,pass on the vote and keep campaigning. The unemployment benifit exstention lost by one vote.( his)
Now if you believe multi millionare Kerry realy cares about us being able to afford gas ,you know he would have made that vote call.But people not having any income to buy any gas is exactly the people who will listen to his lies and believe him.Remember he's for the little guy.

If you think that the Democrats have your best interests at heart thats fine but as for me I'm going to vote my sport (guns, hunting, reloading, etc.) and to me that means voting republican. Personally I think Kerry is a rich jerk who doesn't have my best interests at heart and all he really wants is the power that comes with being president of the US and if he gets if were in for more of the same crap that we had with the last democratic administration.

Daisy Cutter,

The refineries are opperating at 99% ........ so?

There have been no new refineries built since 1972 ....... is that fact lost on you??

Clinton/Gore shut down additional refineries during their tenure.

But all of these high gas prices are Bush's fault.

Vote with our cell phones? Is that in the constitution or are you interested in a "living constitution" like Al Gore extolled the virtues of??

Interesting logic

Mark

Originally posted by TAC:
[qb]Daisycutter,

I looked at your original posting again and was surprised I didn’t see it before.

Quote:

I've always voted Republican based primarily on two issues: Gun-rights and Abortion.

You vote republican based only on two issues - The rest doesn’t matter to you as long as you have yours.
[/qb]
Perhaps reading my statement again would help you. Unless it is customary to equate the word PRIMARILY to ONLY. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that they mean two different things.

Let's have a test.

DaisyCutter has intimate relations ONLY with women.

TAC has intimate relations PRIMARILY with women.

Do you see a difference?

I don't view my consideration of voting Democrat a form of instant gratification, as much as self preservation. If I choose to vote Dem., it may not have any effect at the pump, but voting Rep. won't necessarily keep Mary-Jane from getting an abortion either.

As for Bush: When a valet dings your car do you still give him a tip? Bush recently hasn't done a good job IMO. Therefore I'm considering not voting for him again. (A cruddy comparison, I know, but I think it conveys my point.)

Originally posted by MHerke:
[qb]Daisy Cutter,

But all of these high gas prices are Bush's fault.

Vote with our cell phones? Is that in the constitution or are you interested in a "living constitution" like Al Gore extolled the virtues of??

Interesting logic

Mark[/qb]
I'm not saying this is Bush's fault as much as I am saying I don't see him actively attempting to rectify the situation.

The cell phone comment was not seriously meant. Look at the context in which it was made. You think that the president is going to tell the EPA to STFU? Even so, voting by paper ballot is on it's way out. Ever since Al Gore invented the internet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif , we been living in an increasingly digital era, it's only a matter of time.

I want to see Bush actually do something. Everything I've heard from him so far is vague and has no direction. Bush, get a plan.

Throw me a bone.

Bush / Republicans ---------- VS ---------- Kerry / Dems

Created Homeland security ----- vs ----- Argued against patriot act

War on terror (two countries) ----- vs ----- War must be under U.N control

Tax cuts ----- vs ----- Wants to roll back tax cuts

Increased school spending (record $$) ----- vs ----- It is still not enough

Pharmaceutical coverage for seniors ----- vs ----- Complain there is no price control

Wants Permanent tax cuts ---- vs ------ Never met a tax he didn’t like

Wants School vouchers ----- vs ----- Against school choice/NEA

Wants tort reform ----- vs ----- Against tort reform

--------------------------------------------------

Daisy cutter here is what you get for your vote

TAC / Republicans ------- vs -------- Daisycutter /Democrats

For religion ----- vs ----- Religion??
Pledge of allegiance ----- vs ----- Remove pledge??
Against abortion ----- vs ----- For abortion?
Against partial birth abortion ----- vs ----- No restrictions
Against overregulation ----- vs ----- more regulation
For Free markets ----- vs ----- More tariffs/higher min. wage
For oil exploration ----- vs ----- More regulation/ no drilling
For gun rights ----- vs ----- No guns
For strong military ----- vs ----- For strong U.N.
Against gay marriage ----- vs ----- For gay marriage

The Dems have blocked federal court appoints by not allowing an up or down vote for several years with the hope that they can hold off long enough to get there guy in. Do you really want more liberal judges mandating what is best for you?

Daisycutter ONLY has sex with himself.

TAC PRIMARILY has sex with himself… Huh?

Maybe Daisy cutter can save us all some time and join the Kerry campaign. He doesn't act like someone who is "considering" voting Democrat! He acts like someone that has come onto this website to try and manipulate others into believing the liberal hogwash he has been caught up in. Kerry, Kennedy and friends will do no good for any self-respecting sportsmen, businessman or god fearing citizen. If Daisy cutter wants cheap gas I suggest he goes and gets it draft, right off Saddam & Bin Laden's Tits.

And remember, not only is Kerry now against the Partiot Act, he actually wrote parts of it himself.

So, what's it take? If we have cheaper prices at the pump by early novemeber or what?

Back