The mystique of thee 220 Swift

Originally Posted By: pyscodogNo matter what 22 caliber you build, the Swift will always be known as King of the 22's. It earned that title years ago.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Only due to the fact that it was the fastest factory cartridge back in the 1930's with a 40 grain bullet.

It doesn't even come close to some current wildcat 22's and cartridges in several other bore diameters based on speed. Does that make it The King of a lesser realm in today's world?

On the other hand, the Swift is the only cartridge/rifle combo that reportedly talks to its owner (Ain't that right, Bill?). So maybe that makes it the Spooky King of cartridges.
laugh.gif
At least its the only cartridge that I've ever heard of doing that on the internet, but you never know what you might run across tomorrow dribbling from someone's keyboard on "ye olde web".

Well,I know nothing about talking guns although I wish some of mine did. It would make getting the right load a lot easier. Granted there are probably a lot of wildcat 22's that out perform the Swift but doubt any will become as historic. Not in my life anyway.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell,I know nothing about talking guns although I wish some of mine did. It would make getting the right load a lot easier. Granted there are probably a lot of wildcat 22's that out perform the Swift but doubt any will become as historic. Not in my life anyway.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Utahcaller“but you seem to be saying your AI is faster than a Swift but to accomplish that you had to build an AI.”

Short answer: Yes and Yes....

Lol your AI can’t out run with a Swift AI though is the thing.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Yeah that’s probably the only way I would own a Swift is if it was Ackley lmproved. But then again I would probably just build a .22-243AI. If I just had to get more speed.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: UtahcallerYeah that’s probably the only way I would own a Swift is if it was Ackley lmproved. But then again I would probably just build a .22-243AI. If I just had to get more speed.
thumbup.gif

The 22-6MM and/or the 22-6MM AI handles the 4K speed issue pretty well also. With bullets heavier than 40 grains.

Back