The Fury uses FHSS, why?

Quote:
O.K. deerhunterjj,
I went and watched the Youtube. He did say "just released" but when asked when it would be available he said "...should be late September, early October is what we're shooting for..." so in the same clip he corrects the "just released" slip and no promise is made with the "shooting for" qualification. The good news is the FCC red tape is wrapped up and they're shipping next week. I got my order placed today with my # to place on my sound list request. I can't find any November date from Foxpro. When I bought my first Foxpro 532B two weeks later they released the FX3 on the market. I remember I was a little ticked off as were others. We felt they should have hinted that a new product was about to come out. Now they give us plenty of notice and no hard date and folks get bent out of shape! They can't win for loosin'. I guess some of us just don't see things the same way.
I still say no promises made, none broken. I was cranky this am, didn't get a good night's sleep. Shouldn't have made that post this am. Sorry for the bad attitude deerhunterjj. Had a bad end of the day at work also but the news from APC cheered me up. Got ta go pick sounds. Doubt I'll be back.
GAJoe

No problem my friend we all dont see things the same but in the end were all hunters. And i understand we all have bad days god knows i have my share all the time but that is what makes the world go round. If everything was the same it would be a dull day. Hope to meet you in the field one of these days and do some calling. Enjoy your new fury hope you get a lot of yotes with her.

Quote:
Quote:
As for the individual's motives in registering under a false name and all the rest, that is typical of him and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone

Its kinda hard to register under his real name if its already been banned don't you think????

Bill don't need me to stick up for him but i well say this he does make and sell the best calling unit on the market..
FP does have some nice stuff but i think its too much, more stuff to worry about failing..

Well, if old bill m hadn't pulled all of his BS over the years, this latest fiasco is a good example, he would be able to post on boards. Further, if his product was so superior, he wouldn't need to pull another screwup stunt like he just did. It appears that he's trying to chase a competitor down again. For example, I remember when bm ran his competitors down for using horn type speakers on their callers. We all know what wt uses for a speaker today, don't we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif MI VHNTR

I just don't understand fox-pro.. If there calling units are so great why do they have to keep updateing them and comeing out with new models every year..I think they are misleading and takeing advantage of first time buyers..
New callers or first time buyers need to be aware that there is no magic caller thats going to bring them more coyotes.. I own a bunch of electric callers and finally bought a WT last year.. I know one thing i should of had it 20 years ago, it just down right works better than the others.. It don't have all the bells and whistles like a fox-pro, but it don't need them either.. Just a simple too with the best sounds on the market..

Bill sure did a good job of ruffleing some feathers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif LOL

Well said Jay, but I don't post often so I will take this opportunity.

Purchased a WT 3 years ago, before that I had a 416. Gave the WT to my Brother in Law, it was/is unreliable, heavy and had a glitchy remote. Since then I bought a Scorpion and I am on the list for a Fury with APC. I buy what I want, however the sellers mindset does affect my purchases.

Biker

I appreciate your words.
I have owned lots of calls and all have been good.
Let's just spend the rest of the day wishing the best to everyone whether PM, HM, Monsters, Minaska, FP, BM(WT), HS, CASS, FNF, OPHA, TPP, ARK, JS, and old, current and future hunters.

Today, as I welcome friends into my home, I will wish everyone well and pray that our servicemen and women in harms way will be shielded and that the leaders of our nation will strive to make the right decisions.

Quote:
I just don't understand fox-pro.. If there calling units are so great why do they have to keep updateing them and comeing out with new models every year..I think they are misleading and takeing advantage of first time buyers..
New callers or first time buyers need to be aware that there is no magic caller thats going to bring them more coyotes.. I own a bunch of electric callers and finally bought a WT last year.. I know one thing i should of had it 20 years ago, it just down right works better than the others.. It don't have all the bells and whistles like a fox-pro, but it don't need them either.. Just a simple too with the best sounds on the market..

Bill sure did a good job of ruffleing some feathers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif LOL

They don't have to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif They listen to their customers requests and try to give what the customers want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
GAJoe

Chuck: Nope. Foxpro has gone through all the proper steps for certification with the FCC on the Fury, and all have been approved. The old post was about a remote that was not FCC approved at the time they were sold. Different technology altogether.

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill sure did a good job of ruffleing some feathers... LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They don't have to. They listen to their customers requests and try to give what the customers want.
GAJoe

The customers are not always right,its just another way for F-P to put more lineing in their pockets.
A remote with over 400 yd. range is'nt going to get you more coyotes, the sound of leaves rustleing is'nt going to get more coyotes..
Look at B.M. sound list it was designed to do one thing and thats call coyotes.
The WT has enough volume to reach out on the open praries and call coyotes in from afar and it also does very well on windy days, no extra speakers are needed. The sounds are actual recordings of various animals and not some guy recording the sounds from a hand call..
Some callers will drag around one of those heavey AR's and then state that the WT is too much to drag around.LOL
FP does have a place on the market though and thats for the week-end callers that are'nt deadicated enough and just looking to call in any ol coyote..

Now if you are a deadicated caller and you have the coyotes that have been around awhile about the only way you are going to get them is with a perfect stand with all the conditions in youre favor and with the perfect sounds.. Nothing magical about a WT, it just works better plain and simple.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Wow, WT charges $33 a sound? With a six sound minimum? I'm certainly not worthy to own one.
I think I'll leg hump for awile with the thousands of others satisfied with FP's results, products, and customer service.
I hear that WT has a superior product. It's too bad that their superior ego excludes the majority of the customer base. It sounds like it's their game to lose, and they're managing that quite nicely.

TA17rem,
Your statement "The customers are not always right" gives me a clue as to why you like Bill and WT, and don't understand why Foxpro responds to their customers requests with new products. I've had the 532B, then the FX3, then the FX5, and am getting the Fury. The 416 will call coyotes fine but each of these upgrades has given the user more choices and more control of the caller with less interaction with the remote. That's Foxpro's goal for the customer. That adds up to less opportunity for the coyote to learn my sounds or spot my movement. Here in GA the coyotes have lots of cover and food to eat. They seldom come charging in, usually cautiously slip in trying to get down wind making it easy for me to get caught if I'm messin' with my remote. My movement has gone down with each new model and my success rate has gone up. Still not many but more. I guess I'm not a "deadicated caller" as you say.

You said "its just another way for F-P to put more lineing in their pockets". Maybe when Foxpro's "flagship model" costs as much as a WT it will be as good, and when their sounds cost as much they will be as good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
GAJoe

Georgia joe;

Hey i'm just yanking the chains on you FP guys, nothing personal, just chit-chat.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

On another note the remote of WT is not that difficult to operate and to change sounds. It also comes with a favorites button.I have a list taped to the back of my remote but after useing it for some time i very seldom have to look at the list.

Quote:
Maybe when Foxpro's "flagship model" costs as much as a WT

If you stop and add up what you paid for each new model it would proably add up to the price of a WT..
You can get buy with cheaper equipement but i'm in the game for the long haul and i don't like to leave anything to chance so i save up and use the best i can get weither its a custom rifle or custom calls or electric callers..
If a hunter is going to spend what time he has in the field after coyotes i believe once they are found everything shouldbe done to close the deal. But hey thats just me...

I cant justify $33 on a sound even if WT had a clip of a Yeti reading the King James Bible.
This whole thread has me wondering if JoshT writes the testimonials over at WT.

But hey, that's just me...

Good hunting to you also GAjoe.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
I cant justify $33 on a sound even if WT had a clip of a Yeti reading the King James Bible.

Do you have any idea of what it costs a call manufacture to go out and get sounds for there units. You don't just drive down to the local zoo and record them...
Other call makers willbe updateing their sounds sooner or later and you may see an increase from them on their sounds..

TA17Rem,

I am not sure how this topic went from FHSS to sounds, but have you checked out our sound library lately, the Mark II sounds in particular? We have added more sounds over the past few years than any other manufacture. Why? Because of our dedication to our customers, and our goal to have not only the best products, but the best sound library.
We have deleted many of the older sounds, to make room for the new ones. The new Mark II sounds are recorded in 24 bit, compared to the ones that you are speaking of which were recorded in 16 bit or analog form. The Fury will play back in 24 bit, so your argument about sounds should be re-thought. And I am just trying to point these things out, as many do not realize what we have been doing with our sounds. I think it is very important to remain dedicated not only to your products and service, but the sound library as well. And we have been adding these sounds to our library without any increase in price (16 sounds for $25.00).

I understand what you are saying about the speaker, but I don't believe that the larger speaker is needed for over 90% of our customers and calling situations. Does that mean it is never needed---no. But why carry the heavy speaker if it is not needed? We have always wanted a compact unit for our customers for the ease of carrying the unit in and out of the field. Does that mean that we won't develop bigger units? No again. The Snow Crow Pro is simply the loudest e-caller ever brought to market, but somehow it always gets forgotten. And, the Open Country Caller is another one. I have on film a coyote coming to the call from over a mile away with a 25-30mph wind in our face, all with the FX5 at 3/4 volume. I am not convinced that you need extreme volume to call coyotes. But, to answer those needs of our customers that do want more volume, we designed our units to handle the larger speakers if they choose to do so. It really does turn the units into a different animal. And, don't forget that the FX series of callers and the Fury utilize two speakers, a horn and a cone speaker for a much broader frequency response (don't believe the comparison out there that fails to mention that).
When we designed the Fury, one of the things that we asked ourselves was what can we do to make our customers more successful? So, we decided that less interaction with the transmitter would keep their eyes focused on looking for predators instead of looking at the transmitter. With features such as Auto-V that will do the volume ramping for you (no need to press the volume buttons) and Sequences (once you send your sequence, the transmitter will do everything for you including changing sounds and volume levels), you will be able to be better focused at looking for any incoming predators. Also, the larger LCD screen will make it easier for those of you that had problems in the past reading the display.
Then, there are those customers that prefer getting "tricky" with their sets. The FoxFade will allow them to play two different sounds out two speakers, and have independent volume control of both (when in stereo mode). When not in stereo mode, the FoxFade button will allow them to "move" the same sound between two different speakers in different locations.
The FHSS transmitter was used in the Fury to answer the shortcomings of the 418 Mhz technology--reliability issues at close ranges. And, by increasing the long range capability of a remote, you will also increase the close range reliability. I have personally tested its effectiveness, and it is much better than the 418Mhz at both close and long range.
As always, we will listen to what our customers want. If we stop listening to what people want, and don't build a product to suit their needs, someone else will. We hunt constantly with our units, and we are always thinking of ways to improve them. And I can assure you that we will never stop doing this. There is a reason that every company wants to compare their units and service to that of FOXPRO's. We have the largest target on our back, and we are ok with that, as long as we continue to deliver in the future as we have in the past. I don't believe in complacency, and putting out a unit that is liked by just me. Rather, we will listen to what our customers want, and deliver to suit their needs.

Back