The Fox and Magnetic North

I've been using an electro magnet on my stands for a little over a yr after a wise hunter told me about it. I call in 10 times the predators i use to. We are working on making one for hunting and putting it on the market.

i could not believe the difference it made when you came dow to hunt. 22 coyotes in 17 stands!! made a believer out of me.

Originally Posted By: GC

I do find it interesting how accurately the fox can pinpoint the sound of a mouse under several feet of snow. Just watching that dive hurts my arthritic neck!

Wonder where the fox carries his electromagnet?
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: SHamptonPositioning of the magnet is the most important part of the whole deal.

I thought wrapping it with bacon was the most important?

Originally Posted By: jglynni could not believe the difference it made when you came dow to hunt. 22 coyotes in 17 stands!! made a believer out of me.

How exactly are you using this knowledge? Do you setup and face due north? Do you point the caller in the direction of due north? I don't follow what you mean.

Animals are effected by magnetic polarity. With an electromagnet putting out a very strong magnetic field they are drawn to it. I put it out with my call. Its funny to watch one without a call you can turn on the magnet and its like a switch is flipped they come at a slow steady pace right to a truck in broad daylight

Originally Posted By: chazwho2Doesn't the batteries in a caller create a magnetic field?

Hardly, you need a more natural source to really gain the effects. Batteries create electromotive force through a chemical reaction. My [beeep] magnet is Piezoelectric and creates a more natural "tone".

I wonder what would happen if a magnet is attached to a foxes head. Would they still be able to make prey captures while facing north? I once had an ornithology professor mention that migratory birds navigate by using the magnetic poles and the stars. If you attach a magnet to their head, a migratory bird will get disoriented and fly way off course.
crazy.gif

....It's getting deep in here.

O, don't worry I already attached 20 magnets to my caller some attracting, some repeling, this should cause all kinds of magnetic disturbance.
crazy.gif

Back