the best varmint scope for the $

I've got boosted Leupys on my table guns that I groundhog hunt with.
That being said, I also have Simmons 44 Mag 6.5-20x44 scopes on two 22-250's and 4-16 Simmons Prairie Master from Natchess on a 22 Mag. All seem to work fine so far. I've had one of the 44 mags for about 6 years now with no problems. I use it to groundhog hunt as well.. clicking up and down etc. I busted groundhogs out to 475 yards with it. The clicks don't "feel" a solid as a Leupy, but the Leupys are 6-$700 more... Sam

I've got a 8 x 32 x 50 Swift mildot w/ adjust paralax on a savage 12 vss lefthand .223. Its as good as my burris. If you are interested the folks at EABrown north of you in Alex, MN carry them at a great price. Try http://www.eabco.com/SwiftSRP.htm

Stig

"In the valley of the blind the one-eyed man is king"

Hey ya know for the money you can buy a 90$ 4x16x40 BSA scope that has mildots for windager and elevation that is fabulous for the varmints, i have one on my 308 and i never have to mess with it it has been sighted in one time and has never moved.

Last edited:
It does not get any better in my book then a Leupold VX-III Long Range Target 6.5-20 30mm tube with the Varmit Hunter Reticle. I'm in the business and sell most of the scopes mentioned to our customers. I also own Sightron, Burris, and 4200 series Bushnell. They are all quality optics. But only one offers the Varmit Hunter Reticle. Leupold! Any one who has ever shot this reticle in open country will agree. (Just my two cents)

SEMPER-FI Keepem out of the wire!

Back