T-POST STEPPER...BEWARE!!!

Ya, Goatheads in my book are worse.. You can see the cactus, and now you understand why a lot of us don't sit on a pad on the ground.

Cactus are bad, get a bunch of goatheads on your pants or gear, and get those in your car you will be very careful going forward.

Nothing gets your attention when you jump in your daily driver to head to work and get one of those in the wrong place.
Personally, I think stepping on one at home is the worst. IMO. They are like the pick, but just think of it like a tiny Jack from the kids game of jacks. That is sharpened and about the size of a pencil eraser. They stick to you like velcro, and blend in well. If you get near tumble weeds out here, you are going to have them on you.
They are a pain when it comes to fleshing hides, since if you skip the brushing out the hide really well and just give it a good once over, you will find them poking through when you flesh. Almost as big a pain as Cockleburs..
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cocklebur

These have been tested to 1500 pounds. I would be very interested as to what happened to the original one that started this thread. There have been a couple versions out there. All of them to my knowledge are really close in molding. unless the fit on the post was terrible I don't see one coming off the design wedges itself tighter in the post. There are likely some posts out there that they will not fit on. Stepping on wire has its share of hazards. The nice thing about the t post stepper is you can cross a fence way way more quieter, pretty much silently. Look for these to be a lot more available in the near future

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZYa, Goatheads in my book are worse.. You can see the cactus, and now you understand why a lot of us don't sit on a pad on the ground.

Cactus are bad, get a bunch of goatheads on your pants or gear, and get those in your car you will be very careful going forward.

Nothing gets your attention when you jump in your daily driver to head to work and get one of those in the wrong place.
Personally, I think stepping on one at home is the worst. IMO. They are like the pick, but just think of it like a tiny Jack from the kids game of jacks. That is sharpened and about the size of a pencil eraser. They stick to you like velcro, and blend in well. If you get near tumble weeds out here, you are going to have them on you.
They are a pain when it comes to fleshing hides, since if you skip the brushing out the hide really well and just give it a good once over, you will find them poking through when you flesh. Almost as big a pain as Cockleburs..
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cocklebur I think the stickers I know as goat heads are different. The ones I'm thinking of just have two prongs on them that get you. We have sand burrs that stick to everything just like cockleburs. They're just smaller. Usually I'm very leary about where I'm sitting but that cactus I sat on was under a clump of grass. I wasn't sitting down for long.lol those little red stickers on a cactus are hard to get out. I had them in my gloves and everything. I hate those things.

Last edited:
Well, I have fallen, been electrocuted, and embarrassed many times. Ventilated pants are just a part of my wardrobe. I have come to the realization that good fence crossings are worth their weight in gold and will walk quite a ways to get to one. Either that or roll under, yes, at 240 you have limitations....

Back