T-POST STEPPER...BEWARE!!!

OKBrent

I wanted to share with you all my experence with the T-Post Stepper. I am sure you all have seen the T-Post Stepper in most of the predator magazines. Its a aluminum 6" step that hooks on a t-post and offers you a step over and down the other side. We hunt alot around 6 and 7 strand fences and I thought it would work well for us. This morning at out first stand I hooked it on the post and seated it well. I stepped on it and threw a leg over the fence and landed it on the other side on the Stepper. While straddling the fence, (new sharp barb wire of course!!!) I wonder waht would happen if it failed? About that time it slid down the post and I came down with the new wire in my crotch and a t-post up my rib cage!!! I worked my way off the fence, tearing my jeans up. About that time a figured out I was bleeding. I cut my hand up on the top of the post while I was comming down. I just want to pass this on. The T-Post Stepper puts you in the worse place when you're crossing the fence. I'll go back to sliding under fences from now on. Brent

DSCF0008-5_zps4f50cce8.jpg

Same thing happened to me but I thought maybe i didn't seat the stepper properly... Not saying you didnt. Maybe I did after all and shouldn't use it anymore.

Passmore

Youch! Don't think I'll be trying those. Glad I hadn't heard about them or I SURELY would have been the one posting this topic! LOL! Glad it wasn't worse and that you're ok.

Wow Jglynn, guess I got off easy. I don't know if my t-post was imported or small, I just know I won't position myself over a t-post with sharp barbwire again. I can't belive that company hasn't been sued a few times? Brent

You need to pull that itty bitty flap of skin off.Do it quickly cause it might smart a bit.
w00t.gif

Glad it wasn't an electric fence.

We started using one at work a while back at work, and crossed a LOT of fences with it. Last spring, my rodman was crossing and ended up in the same situation as OK Brent, and had to have quite a few stitches in his hand. When the T post stepper "slipped" he tried to regain his balance by stepping on the wire....which then broke too.

I'll NEVER use that [beeep] thing again. The T post wasn't an odd size, it was an old post, and it ain't worth taking the chance.

my brother thought he was gona use a wooden step ladder that has been sitting out in that fence line for about 4 years to cross a fence the other day. needless to say, the ladder broke and he whopped the ground hard!! i laughed my arse off. Yuppies!

I was out hunting with my brother last year. He had just got one of those steppers from his wife for Christmas. He was stepping over the fence when it gave loose. The post went through the crotch of his Carharrts barely missing the unit. It dragged all the way up his belly and ribs and held him there with all his weight on his sternum. Myself and one of our buddies had to lift him off of the post. Bad news. It could have been far worse. Merry Christmas.

OUCH!!!!! hate it when that happens.I have a scar in my hand same spot as you from a bad fence crossing. I guess it's common, mine had to be sewn up.

Ouch-that looks painful-glad it wasn't worse. Being impaled on a t-post would be terrible and even life threatening. Reckon I will stick to finding a higher place and sliding under the lower wire.

Back