Sow Nailed in Backyard

After cleaning up from TWO HURRICANES, finally went out with the FLIRS and busted three nice boars, including this nice tusker!

Big%20Tusker.JPG

That last one got some good tusks. Way to whack and stack. Like to see folks kill the snot out of pigs. I'm right down the road from you in Alachua.

Originally Posted By: Lrtx1That last one got some good tusks. Way to whack and stack. Like to see folks kill the snot out of pigs. I'm right down the road from you in Alachua.

There are alot of hogs up around San Felasco Park Hammock and Deerhaven plant.

There is, I live less than a mile from deerhaven. The farm is a little further but that's where our pigs originally came from. Back 20-30 years ago they brought them up from south Florida and turned them out in the old rocky creek hunt club. Wish them boys would have got put under the jail for that crap.

^ I concur.... morons.....

some of the same sort of folks turned some of those loose in southwest Wisconsin about 10 years back now. It appears it was not too many and they were taken out of the picture over a couple years. Have not heard any reports of them for the past 5 or 6 years.

Those pigs sure know where the border of California is! Or maybe Nevada built a wall. Not a bad idea for them really
smile.gif

And I can't believe there are truly any counties in GA without pigs.

Nice boars in your pics.Deer season finally went away here so we can get back at them.

Last edited:
I suspect that those white counties in Georgia and parts of East and Middle Tennessee just have not been officially verified yet...

I just moved from middle Tennessee to Florida. Bedford county is shown with infestation, next to county without. I asked around, tried to find places, asked my game warden friend and never even got a lead. I'm sure there are some isolated pockets but I couldn't find any. Got told more than once to head out towards Cookeville (east), but I was wanting something close to home.
Now living in Central Florida and have hogs on the state forest land that we border. I finally get to do some hog hunting!

Goethe State Forest has got to be infested, as are Wacissa WMA.

We used to lease 45,000 acres around Wacassia and Blue Spring, we called it the Central Levy Hunt Club, lots and lots of hogs!

Yeah, I'm in Levy County. The track behind me is Goethe, but not the big main section, they call it Watermelon Pond. Neighbor has something like a 100ac crop field that the pigs get into. Getting a thermal should get a lot more pigs down for sure. Blue spring is West of Bronson a bit, I'm east, but west of Williston, not far from Devils Den Spring. I'm looking forward to getting in on the swine action in the area.

Back