Sow Nailed in Backyard

Here is that same boar hog at one of my bigger feeders in an IR NV game cam photo a while back at one of my bigger feeders about two miles away from where I actually nailed him with one shot from the tiny HK556 SBR!

Game%20Cam%20Hog.jpg

I was thinking then that he looked like he would go 425 pounds?

Dude almost made it to 425 pounds, maybe if I let him root up my property another week he would have made the grade!
blush.gif

Big%20Ass%20Boar%20Scale.jpg

Lol, he is overrun with them, that's why he can't stop. Arkansas Game & Fish just passed the law no killing hogs on public land, hunting hogs with a rifle just makes the problem worse according to AGFC.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupGUILTY -> Of Committing Acts of Random BBQ all weekend long!

Wild%20Hog%20BBQ.jpg

Nothing wrong with that, acts of random BBQ are great! Keep putting the smackdown on the hogs skypup!

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73

Getting in done in the dark with the IR hunter Mark II.

Nice haul right there, looks like half a ton of pork!

Thanks SkyPup! Thermal is king for hogs.

Last month my son Max got a new Winchester Super X3 3.5" shotgun for his birthday. Since bird hunting is a long way off here in West Texas, he decided to take a shot at hogs with 00 buckshot. We stalked the boar to about 25 yards and he smoked him. He reeled back squealing, standing up on his hind legs, and fell straight over backwards onto his back. Timber! Epic hog kill.

He climbed into his tree stand and shot the small sow an hour later. Every time I take hime he shows me up and does all the shooting. Good father son fun!

Wow, with a son like Max you all must have a blast in the woods!

Congratulations, Max! The memories you make with your Dad will last a lifetime, not to mention cleaning up the vermin off your property.

Put together a new hog and coyote gun for close range use only.

Ordered a blank Ruger 10-22 receiver off Gunbroker and then put custom bolt and Volquartsen trigger group in it.

Ordered a Gemtech integrally suppressed "Mist" bull barrel that is quieter than a mouse, the .22LR shell hitting the ground makes more noise than the gun does.

To top it off, drilled and tapped the receiver for a picitanny rail, and installed a new FLIR RS64-35mm (build date 6/1/2016) to be able to shoot down their ear lobe from the electric golf cart up close and personal.....

10-22%20Flir%20RS%20Front.jpg

10-22%20Flir%20RS%20Side.jpg

10-22%20Flir%20RS%20Ful.jpg

Stademtric%20Reticule2.jpg

Targeting the FLIR RS64 on the Ruger 10-22 was a piece of cake, zero adjustment on the horizontal and just walked up the bullets to the bullseye at 25 yards and saved the user preset coordinates.

Just to fine tune the settings tonight, I put a 5.56mm empty brass shell into a bullet hole on the target and heated the primer end up with a lighter, first shot and the shell disappeared!

Done deal!

Target.jpg

Hey Skypup I always enjoy checking in with this thread and seeing all the critters you put the smackdown on. Was wonderful my if you ever see any bobcats on your property?

Yes, we do have bobcats here, I just watch them though as I like to see them hunting. They are very territorial and if you kill one, two more will move in to take over the territory. I shot a couple in the past but I don't shoot them when I see them anymore.

We had a good hurricane cruise over us and have been playing cleanup clearing out the roads after no power for four days, probably two dozen trees across the roads., some 4 feet in diameter and 120 foot tall. Then, every time I go out after I've cleaned everything up, another two or three have fallen and blocked the roads again! Thank God for Stihl chainsaws and diesel powered tractor hydraulics!

Originally Posted By: SkyPupWe had a good hurricane cruise over us and have been playing cleanup clearing out the roads after no power for four days, probably two dozen trees across the roads., some 4 feet in diameter and 120 foot tall. Then, every time I go out after I've cleaned everything up, another two or three have fallen and blocked the roads again! Thank God for Stihl chainsaws and diesel powered tractor hydraulics!

Been there and done that Pup.....no fun. Lived on a bayou in MS when Frederick hit in 1979. 23 trees down on our property and no power for almost 2 weeks. I stayed covered in sawdust and sweat for days. It gets the moccasins and gators all jacked up too so you have to be real careful clearing downed trees.

Pretty much got all the roads cleared up now with four 25X25 foot burn piles I got burn authorizations for clearing up 16 miles of roads.

Gman is right about the moccasins as I killed three of them.

We were out of power for four days and the power crew that cut their way in to hook up the juice were from Mississippi!

Tons of sweat, diesel fuel, and chainsaw sawdust, can't wait for some cooler low humidity weather!

Back