Sow Nailed in Backyard

I appreciate all the info. especially since we will be moving to the Florida panhandle next month. Looking forward to some fresh pork, will take some time to adjust to new area but all your posts are very encouraging.Thanks, Timberman

In Florida, you can hunt hogs/coyotes 24/7/365 on private land all day and all night with any legal to own and possess firearm.

Public land is a different story entirely though and subject to strict regulations.

Have been after this 500 pound boar hog for the last few months.

Last night I ran into him on the road coming home with the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt but he ducked into the thick brush before I could get a shot.

Went out looking around for him this morning and found where he had freshly bedded down last night!

Big%20Hog%20Wallow.JPG

Have been after a big 350+ lb boar hog for over a week now and swatted a lot of mosquitoes while waiting for him.

Have seen him a few times but never long enough for a shot.

He has been in some inaccessible swampy areas that I had to take the tractor and build a road out into to be able to get in there.

His hangout has been a large remote sinkhole where he beds down and roots around.

I park my UTV with the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal 75 yards out adjacent to the sinkhole and sit and wait for him to show up.

Hondini%20Sinkhole2.jpg

Hondini%20Sinkhole.jpg

I have been patiently waiting to put a .308 slug though his head with my SIG 716 and IRD MKII 35mm for quite some time now with no luck.

Tonight when I parked at my recently bulldozed trail, he left me a fresh turd right where I park....so I new he was near.

However, he did not show and instead a sounder showed and came down out of the hardwoods which have recently been dropping acorn on down to the sinkhole for some water right 75 yards in front of me at night.

Only managed to kill one, but will work on the kill video through the IRD thermal scope and post that later.....lots of fun tonight all by my lonely self and still have the big boy to hunt too!

MKII%20Sinkhole%20Hog.jpg

M324%20Sinkhole%20Hog.jpg

Hot%20Sinkhole%20Hog.jpg

Hog%20Hondini.jpg

Haha, I walk out the door to go check the game cams first thing this morning and lo and behold there is a coyote eating out the [beeep] of my hog I killed the night before 190 yards out.

Head back into the house to get the SIG 716 7.62mm with IRD thermal and one shot puts him down!

IRD%20Coyote%20Ass.jpg

IRD%20Coyote%20Hondini.jpg

IRD%20Coyote%20Hondini%20Close.jpg

Barnes 130 grain TSX,

LC Brass,

Wolf Large Rifle Magnum primers,

50.0 grains Hodgdon BLC-2,

3,100fps 16" barrel.

It's devastating when it hits something solid.

MKII%20SIG%20716%20Close.jpg

Target.jpg

Lots%20of%20Hogs.jpg

Nailed two giant boar hogs last night with SIG 716 .308 and IRD MKII thermal at about 100 yards each, one shot to the head did it.

One boar weighed 420 pounds and the other 586 pounds on the scale.

Two%20Hogs%20and%20Sig.jpg

Weigh%20Scale.jpg

Hog%20Truck.jpg

Dom%20Hog.jpg

550 pounds of pork were personally delivered to the University of Florida Animal Sciences Meat Quality Laboratory today where it is being professionally processed and packaged into 550 pounds of smoked sausages by the undergrad and graduate students in the Meat Quality Laboratory where I used to teach when I was in Veterinary School 35 years ago

Tell me about your side by side, make model and what you have on it. Looks interesting.
Great hog pictures.
thanks for sharing

Originally Posted By: wickaTell me about your side by side, make model and what you have on it. Looks interesting.
Great hog pictures.
thanks for sharing

Honda Pioneer 700 with FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal imager, 20 watt 850nm IR headlamp, and FoxPro TruckPro E-caller.

This one out in the middle of Fairway #2 at the upscale Country Club in one of their electric golf carts using the venerable Flir T-50 on RRA 300BLK with 240 grain Sierra SMK subs, another dropped DRT on the Driving Range!

Country%20Club%20T50B.jpg

It was difficult to tell which was louder, the bolt slamming back into action on the 300 BLK or the 240 grain SMK smacking the hogs like a sledge hammer?
w00t.gif

Back