Sow Nailed in Backyard

Was putting some corn in the feeders right about sundown when ran into a sounder, nailed the sow and another shoat at 175 yards with the T-70:

HK14.jpg

HK14%20Hot%20Hog.jpg

Been handloading some 240 grain Sierra MatchKings and some 240 grain cast lead bullets for the .300 Blackout upper chronographed @ 1,050fps, they penetrate from tail to head at 75 yards, don't ask me how I know....

Blackout%20AmmoWeb.jpg

That's some serious penetration for that velocity. I guess the weight helps and the lack of much opening up of the bullet.

I bet the sound of the bullet striking flesh is louder than the report if suppressed.

I'm guessing that bang flop is only expected with a good CNS hit?

Bob, true dat! The sound of that slug smacking a hog is much louder than the subsonic report of the rifle. Sure is crazy having such a big slug in a tiny brass case with some pistol powder, but works quite well under 100 yards.

Nailed this ear-less hog at 125 yards with the MKII-35mm on SIG 716 .308, spine shot DRT.

Had the DVR on recording for video but forgot to turn on the video out from the scope, so no video this time...

One ear was totally ripped off, the other ear was in shreds, and his tail was short, probably got caught by some dogs in the past....

MK%20Earless%20Boar.jpg

Mk%20Earless%20Hot.jpg

Was putting some corn in my corn tube ground feeders this morning after the hogs raped all of them in the heavy rain last night, suddenly heard a distinctive sound and put a .22 magum hollowpoint through his head with my Ruger Stainless Steel Single Six that I bought new in 1972.

One headshot and he was DRT, however he is still crawling around over 90 minutes later after losing his mind.

FLIRONE thermals came out good.

Rattler%20Ruger.jpg

Thermal%20Rattler%20Ruger.jpg

Thermal%20Rattler%20Ruger2.jpg

Thermal%20Rattler%20Ruger3.jpg

Will try to get some thermal alligator pics soon as gator season just started this past Saturday, lots of little ones but waiting on a BIGGUN!

Was out on my stand with the IR Patrol helmet mount and IR MKII-35 for two minutes when a sounder of some larger sows and pigs showed up, took out this sow at 125 yards with the .308, was too heavy for me to lift alone so had to get the tractor to bring her back for processing tonight, lots of good sausage off this one!

MK%20and%20Patrol.jpg

MKII%20Hog.jpg

MK%20Patrol%20Hog%20Grapple.jpg

Hot%20MK%20Hog.jpg

When ya wake up early Sunday morning and slap some wild hog sausages into the skillet and relaize you are running low, just look at the breakfast nook window for a fresh supply on the hoof!

Dom%20Backyard.jpg

Dom%20Backyard2.jpg

Don't ya think it's better

Livin' in the country?

Spendin' our time

Waitin' on the weather

So all our friends can go hunting together.

Yeah!
thumbup1.gif

Man, these moccasins are just plain nasty, this cottonmouth was all coiled up with his fangs pointing towards the sky when a 9mm hit his head.

Cottonmouth.JPG

Archery season began here last Saturday and had a couple of families camping out with their kids all going deer hunting with bow and arrows. Yesterday, one of the mothers shot a 400 pound hog with a broadhead that is sticking out of its lungs.

So I went out trying to find where it could have bedded down last night with thermal (no luck) and this morning.

While in the vicinity of where the big boar got shot with the arrow, I cam up on a sounder group at 11AM in broad daylight, although it was deep in the forest in some thick underbrush and cover.

Fortunately, I had my FLIR RS scope with me and was able to make out the hogs in the thick cover on Black Hot mode @ 150 yards, had to wait and make sure I was aiming at their head and not their asses.

Finally figured out where their heads were and took down two nice boar hogs that are being converted into fresh sausage.....

FLIR RS thermal worked great in broad daylight!

Two%20RS%20Hogs2.jpg

Two%20RS%20Hogs.jpg

Hey skypup, do you hunt public land for your hogs or is it on your own personal property? thats some good bacon right there on the smaller hogs.

Back