Some pics of my pup growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
im new to this so i dont have a clue. i do know one thing, my current dog will not kill a coyote. it does not bother me though. it will probably save me some vet bills down the road. vet bills are way higher than coyote pelts!!

Originally Posted By: Chris WinstonHaving a dog that will kill a coyote is a myth that Tony created. That is utter nonsense.

Better do as you say and not as others do. Just saying not that I am defending anyone.

Chris Winston

Loc: Montana I have read this forum for over a year but I am just now joining. Lots of foolishness has gone on in the past. Look forward

I highly beg to differ. To have a dog that knows how to decoy well, yet can and will catch and/or kill a fleeing coyote after the shot is not a myth. Next, you going to say that a cur can't catch a healthy coyote? I'll give you plenty of my clients that have watched it in action.

Nice to meet you Chris.
smile.gif

Tony

Personally I don't want a dog that will put a tooth in a live coyote. It is unnecessary in my opinion. I do wish I had one that would bay a dead one.

Why is it every time I post it turns into a mine is bigger than yours or I know better than you.

Everybody has their own way and the way that they want their dogs to work. If you don't like that style fine.

I wish someone would show me the RULE BOOK ON DECOY DOGS so I don't break any.

I have talked to some real nice guys here in the dog fourm that I respect what they have to say but I may want something diffrent out of my dog to make it my style and match my needs so don't dam someone because that is not the way you do it.

Who cares we are all hunters and quit fighting with each other and take the fight to the ones that are trying to take it away is all I am saying.

I prefer one to do whatever it takes to keep a cripple from running off. I have seen Tonys dog bay and hold a crip that was still pretty lively from a splashed shot. Gunner didnt dispatch it but he recovered one we were chalking up to a miss. He kept it where we could get to it to dispatch it.

i dont want mine to fight a coyote instead of decoying it. i like that he wools a dead one and bays a cripple. i think it adds to the stand. but i will not have to worry about mine killing one cuz he is not near enough ballsy enough to do it.lol

I had a catahoula cross dog that would go to a howl and dang near always bring something back, he would decoy the [beeep] out of a coyote and was albe to kill one if he had to. He was Duane I lost him this last spring running a bear with my hounds. I have a female from trapper2 and she can also take care of one if need be and is a [beeep] of a decoy dog. Have Jagd that will fight one all day long she does a good job decoying also. My hunting buddy has two catahoula cross dogs from Duane that are about the same as the one had. I would have to disagree that a dispatch dog and a decoy dog can't be one in the same. JMO but i have seen it done. I do not chime in here very often but i had to say something about that.

I had a JRT that had everything he needed to chase down, catch and kill a healthy coyote... only problem was he was too slow and too small to catch up to them.

I've set back and read for months now and bit my tongue, Tony. I have a few questions for you, many of which have come from people on this forum to me through private message because at one time I was listed as a pro staff member for you "predator university" and for some reason they thought I could answer their questions. So here goes. There was a time when I was the first one to jump up and defend you when someone called you out or questioned you. It was usually about your "breeding program," and I use the term loosely. I bought a dog from you and you advertised the dogs mother as a "finished decoy dog." I counted it up and I have hunt with you 15 different days. Not one time have I ever seen that dog when she was not chained to that tree in your back yard. Take her out and get some video and show me that she even has a clue what to do. I came to your defense when you bought that black greyhound cross you named Bullet. You came on here bragging about he was a "finished cow dog" at 8 months old. How can a dog be finished at anything at 8 months? And don't forget I know the guy you got him from and the dog was hardly a started cow dog. Then the other day you sold him to a guy in NY as a "finished decoy dog" and you say you have plenty of video of him????? I'd like to see it. Speaking of New York, a guy named Fred with the screen name "knockemdown" questioned you a lot. He made me mad but what I later realized was that "knockemdown" had you figured out and I was too stupid to see it. Duane Freilino is another guy that has you figured out too. You tried to make me and others believe Duane was jealous when all he was was informed. I also read the past few days where you said something along the lines of you had always been on the up and up with your dog business. I had a gentleman from IL contact me a few months after he picked up a dog you had trained for him for over 8 months. I'll assume he did this because I met him the night he took the dog home. This is the dog that ran to the truck when the kid shot the coyote. I do recall the kid was using a larger caliber and shot over the dog, but I also don't believe that one shot would make the dog gun shy. If that dog had been hunted you would have known it was gun shy. That guy had over $2,200 tied up in that dog and drove from IL to pick him up. You felt bad about the deal and also gave them an 8 month old pup that you claimed had training which was a bald face lie. Then I get contacted by another guy that bought and paid for a dog from you. You got the money in July, the guy calls in Nov asking about his dog and you tell him the dog needs a couple more weeks. He calls back and you tell him that dog isn't working out but you have a ridgeback cross that might work for him. He drives from AL to get the dog. Too bad he didn't know this was the same dog you told me and another OK guy on this post that you were going to shoot that dog because he wasn't worth feeding. You guys made a few blank stands and the guy shoots into a dead cow, the dog freaks out and runs to the truck. Some how the guy still took the dog. Then there's another guy that sent a dog to you for 4 months of training. He drives from OK to get his dog. He gets there Friday evening and you do your customary take em to the penned coyotes and watch the dog bark and bay the penned coyotes. You agree to meet 45 min before daylight the next morning and make a few stands so he can see his dog work. Time comes to meet, no Tony. An hour passes, no Tony. The guy calls and texts, no answer. 2 hours pass, the guy drives to your house and you won't come to the door. Guy gets his dog and drives home. I was at your house a total of 7 days last summer. Not one single time did we do anything with that guys dog or anyone elses. You were "training",and again I use the term loosely, 7 dogs at the time, yes SEVEN. You tell me how 1 guy can train 7 dogs and give a customer his money's worth? I've had several guys that hunted with you ask ME about you showing up an hour or more late. How do you sell a man a hunt and show up late? Back to the breeding program and all this culling you've done. You've been called out for breeding a dog one of your daughters friends brought home from the oilfield that had some catahoula in it. You wheeled and dealed for dogs that you knew nothing about and started breeding them. What kind of program is that? You tell everyone your red spotted catahoula female, Annie, is a finished decoy dog. She is a good trapline dog. She's gunshy!!!!! As far as killing a coyote........ I've never seen you dog kill a coyote that had any life in it, ever. You seem to get your kicks posting pics os a dog with blood on it. Why? A decoy dog does 90% plus of it's work before the shot is fired. You get guys out there that get a rise out of your dog running out on shaking a coyote after it's shot. Big deal. I'm not running your dog or any other mans dog down. I have seen video of your dog decoying. After all you do claim he is the most talked about decoy dog in the world. I have to agree with the guy that said he's the most talked about decoy dog in the world because you are the one doing the talking. It's pretty bad when the man you got your dog from tells you that he doesn't want you telling people where he came from. There were a lot of guys who I have a lot of respect for that told me about you and how you were. One guy in particular told me it was just a matter of time before you painted yourself into a corner and you did. Oh, before I forget. Another thing that really opened my eyes was after 7 days of hunting we never used your bunny in a bottle or predator instinct or that other garbage you ripped the new guys off with because, in your words, it wasn't worth carrying. I had read post from a guy in Iowa many years ago and another on from a guy tied to a group in TX you were associated with. They were right. You are sadly mistaken if you think any of those guys are jealous of you. What they are is smart enough to figure you out. It's a shame you have given so many guys a huge misconception of what a decoy dog does and doesn't do. I also see you have your "lurcher program." I picked up the tan greyhound female for you. The gentleman I got her from sold her to you as a dog that didn't have what it took to run coyotes. I took the time to write this because I hope it opens a few peoples eyes or maybe will even make some of the people you've upset post. I'm sure I'll think of more to say.

I dont know Duane and have never spoke with him but two things i hear about his digs turns me onto them one they are gritty sobs and the fact they will go to howls. Thats neat stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back