Simmons Predator Quest series scope???

Just took a female today in Northern Montana with my pard Ursus 21. Used the Predator Quest scope...very nice, bright and clear on the last set of an overcast day. That 30 mm tube sure helps tremendously for light gathering!! Chip Shot at 156 yards!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogs

The scopes that came out of Tasco when Mead owned them were very good for the $ IMO, but that was a short time. Now I think there back to cheap crappy scopes, again, JMO.

I will testify to them being made cheap now. I bought a Tasco Varmint/Target and hate it. It sucks to sight in and will not hold zero.

Around here tasco gets the nod from pretty much everyone. It's ok though because around here hitting a milk jug at 50 yards is good enough to kill a deer, all ammo is created equal, what's a twist rate? You see alot of low end scopes in the deer woods around here.

With that said, I have an older tasco on a M700 30/06. But. It's clear, tracks well, and holds zero. The scope has been on the rifle as long as I can remember. It has held up this long, and it works.

Last edited:
Big_Red_Fox with his Simmons Predator Quest scope. Seemed to work fine and under less than ideal lighting conditions.
MattFeb16E.jpg

Yeah, one of true drawbacks to being 6'5" and 285 pounds...a big ole' head!!! Extra high rings are the only thing I can find that I can get lined up with to shoot comfortably without having to tilt my head to the side or smash my face down on the stock to try to see through the scope at all. Ends up with my scopes mounted high...but it works for me!!
smile.gif

That is some big melon, I gotta say
laugh.gif

Just kiddin'. I was just messin' with ya. If it works for you that is all that matters........

2muchgun, I teased him a little about those high rings while we were out hunting. He explain the same thing to me that he explained to you. I've seen him shoot so I can't argue with his reasoning. The boy can hit stuff!

BigSky,

No doubt!! This weather is ridiculous!! I thought for some unknown reason I would go calling this morning...40 m.p.h. winds later...yeah right!! Ursus21 has even nastier weather up North his way...ugghh!!

2Much,

That's hilarious...and come to think of it...maybe not such a bad idea!! I just might have to try it!! Thanks for the tip!!
smile.gif

Ursus21,

Another great trip...great pic, too!! At least this one didn't look like a pup cuz I held it up next to me. Gonna have to remember that!!

laugh.gif

The weather has been screwing with me also. Went to the range Sunday and it turned into a freakin' blizzard. Laid down 8" of snow pretty fast. Now we have another 3-6" on the way tonight.......

Sounds like it's been that way in a lot of places all over!! Weather...just another thing in predator hunting that can't be outguessed!!

Back