Simmons Predator Quest series scope???

JVHome869

Hey guys and gals,

What everyones thoughts/experience with the Predator Quest series scopes by Simmons? Any good or bad news about them?

Jay

i looked at it online, it looks like a high powered scope made by simmons, with les's name thrown on it. could be good could be bad!

Originally Posted By: cecNever seen one in person but im thinking, its still a Simmons!

That's about my feelings on the subject also.......

I have no idea on this scope in particular,,,,but it would be pretty safe to say you could slap in on a rifle and go kill stuff,,,as far as clarity,durability and function,,,its a crap shoot.

Like i have always said,,Take all the animals killed with just tascos and simmons on rifles and pile em up,,,,then do the same with all other rifle scopes combined.,,,the tasco/simmons pile, will give the other alot of shade.............X

I think you have to look at the location the Simmons was produced... I have an older Simmons AeTec 2.8-10x that I found used in a pawn shop, for $50, that is as good as any other scope I own at a higher cost....all the way up to the Burris Black Diamond...There are some that are excellent and some that can be a serious disappointment...

Like some other companies of late,,, quality control seems to be one of those fluctuating situations on the lower priced products..

Originally Posted By: coyotexI have no idea on this scope in particular,,,,but it would be pretty safe to say you could slap in on a rifle and go kill stuff,,,as far as clarity,durability and function,,,its a crap shoot.

Like i have always said,,Take all the animals killed with just tascos and simmons on rifles and pile em up,,,,then do the same with all other rifle scopes combined.,,,the tasco/simmons pile, will give the other alot of shade.............X

Really is that what you have always said...All the disappointment and missed opertunities would add up just as much with cheap glass....

Originally Posted By: Predburner

You don't actually believe that, do you?
scared.gif

We used to buy Aetecs for $100 a pop when they first came out. 3-4 of these still reside atop of a couple friends' rifles. One gets used to kill deer/yotes regularly.

After that, quality went down hill, and then the company changed hands. The last 2 my buds bought, broke in record time. Last one on the first day. We haven't touched 'em since.........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: Predburner

You don't actually believe that, do you?
scared.gif

Don't know why I was credited with that it sure wasn't mine....

LOL...Well yes i do believe that, not world wide,,but in North America,,one pile would dwarf the other im sure,,Just squirrels alone taken with one of these scopes on board would be huge...Growing up in the sticks,,thats all you ever saw on rifles or bought for em.....guys in the suburbs had the lupes and redfields,,,that and a few scattered weavers and bushnells was about it when i was young...................X

I call em blue collar scopes,or simple man scopes,,theres not a handful of hunters,that has not had at least a half dozen of each .

Dont get me wrong after all never said they were "great"or anything,,,but most of the time you can zero em and kill stuff.....................X

I think Coyotex is basically saying that more people buy the cheap/affordable stuff and he's probably right. People don't always buy things cause it's the best or good; but rather cause it's cheap. I see it all the time in fishing. My first rifle ever had a Tasco on it BTW
lol.gif
! Came with the rifle! LMAO

Why buy a scope for $500 or more; when you can get a scope for $150. They're both scopes! Same thing right? LOL That's what other people might think anyways.

Arden

aah,,,you touched on a very good point,,swim,,your first rifle,,if it was like my first,,I killed more game with it,,than every rifle since.tasco scope on it too.

Thats my point,,when about every hunter that reads on this site,,,,the youngest to the oldest,,had one or 2 rifles they killed everything with when they had unlimited hunting time as a kid.

Most of em had el cheapo optics on em,,and we didnt care,,cause they got the job done,,,,and hence did alotta killing with em.

Its fine as we get older,,to want better stuff,,its human nature,,,,and the reality of it is nearly every product made now isnt the same quality as 1980...everybody is building cheaper,,and selling for more.....Time invested,,,shooting skill and hunting prowess gets lost in the shuffle to get the best new whizzbang scope,rifle combo that does everything ,shoots a mile ect.,this is us trying to even out the lack of hunting time we had as a kid...quality vs quantity.

now back to the question at hand ,,ill quit ranting now.Most simmons i have now,,Mule test on the 10/22 turd just fine,,they are all phillipines models [beeep].........X

Back