Savage axis

I had some issues with my 223 Axis ejecting sometimes. I have since took the bolt apart and the extractor had a little burr on it. Cleaned it up with the dremel and now it works awesome everytime. You have to be very careful with the dremel, I used a thin stone bit and wirewheel then polished it.

Good to know Flyrod. Took care of my issues also. Took the extractor apart,cleaned and polished it and put a slightly larger ball under it. (original went flying, lesson learned, next time do it in a bag! ) Also put a replacement trigger spring in, breaks cleanly at 3lbs now. Overall its much better.

Both my Son & Grandson Bought the Axis in the Win 270 Rifle for Deer Hunting Both of them Shot Great Groups with them & a nice 8 PT buck also. The only thing that I am not crazy about is the Detachable Magazines that the Axis comes with.? Cheap Plastic + expensive to Replace. give me an internal magazine any time over this type.? All & All the Axis is a fine rifle for the $$$$

Last edited:
I have an axis in 223 with handloads shoots very good. Did not expect much when I bought it, boy did it suprise me. Loves 60g vmax H4895 in Lapua case with br4 primer. It is the gun I grab when calling.

Back