Same-sex marriage recognized by southern Baptist church

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerGood post fw, yes, it's pretty entertaining how the church every so often has to readjust God's message to keep up with the times.. Lol

I think the Jehovahs take the cake though. After predicting the end of the world about a dozen times and nothing happening. Lol

Yep, gotta keep up!!

Do the JW’s have a new date now?
I heard they were gonna change their official name to the Jehovah’s Set a Date and Waiters.
grin.gif

Not really sure what they're up to these days. I do know that they, as well as an Orthodox Jewish community are buying up a ton of land around me. nice to be tax exempt!

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerNot really sure what they're up to these days. I do know that they, as well as an Orthodox Jewish community are buying up a ton of land around me. nice to be tax exempt!

I'm sure it is!
I think the Joseph Smith Of The Golden Plates religion owns hundreds of thousands of acres of prime property in Florida.
thumbup1.gif

"Globally, Mormon temples and meetinghouses are worth an estimated $35 billion, reported Reuters in 2012. They represent the most outward show of wealth for an organization whose finances are secret but thought to be extensive."

http://www.businessinsider.com/fancy-mormon-temples-2014-8

“I do not see how it is possible for a man to die worth fifty million of dollars, or ten million of dollars, in a city full of want, when he meets almost every day the withered hand of beggary and the white lips of famine. How a man can withstand all that, and hold in the clutch of his greed twenty or thirty million of dollars, is past my comprehension. I do not see how he can do it. I should not think he could do it any more than he could keep a pile of lumber on the beach, where hundreds and thousands of men were drowning in the sea.”

Robert G. Ingersoll, The Liberty of Man, Woman and Child

Fact: the bylaws of our SBC does not allow same sex marriages to take place on our property.......

Opinion, mine, and mine alone. Dont care who agrees or does not agree. The preamble the Constition lays out that every Man, read that as citizen, has the inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happiness. The fore fathers might not have thought of queers, but they got included also. You cannot justify disallowing fag marriage based solely on it being a sin and morally wrong. It is their right. The preamble says so.

I think that this whole marriage deal was drummed up by lawyers. Gays get married. Gays get devorced. Cha Ching.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksFact: the bylaws of our SBC does not allow same sex marriages to take place on our property.......

Opinion, mine, and mine alone. Dont care who agrees or does not agree. The preamble the Constitution lays out that every Man, read that as citizen, has the inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happiness. The fore fathers might not have thought of queers, but they got included also. You cannot justify disallowing fag marriage based solely on it being a sin and morally wrong. It is their right. The preamble says so.

I think that this whole marriage deal was drummed up by lawyers. Gays get married. Gays get devorced. Cha Ching.

Sandy,I would not argue with you regarding the lawyers getting involved, I would tend to agree with you. I absolutely agree with your comment that this is "your opinion" and it is your right to have the opinion. I do feel it's important to say that your quote is not from the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution but from the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence. There is an important difference. As you know, the Constitution is a guarantee of the rights of citizens and the limits on government,where the Declaration of Independence was a declaration of the colonies separating from England. I.M.H.O.,the S.B.C. has every right under the U.S. Constitution to limit same sex marriage as it relates to church doctrine. It's called freedom of religion.

The homosexual marriage issue is leftists/globalists using it as a way to get support for votes, money, and to create division in society by making the gay people believe they're being oppressed while perverting the sanctity of one man and one woman marriage in the process. An attack on the family unit, American values, and morality.

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223The homosexual marriage issue is leftists/globalists using it as a way to get support for votes, money, and to create division in society by making the gay people believe they're being oppressed while perverting the sanctity of one man and one woman marriage in the process. An attack on the family unit, American values, and morality.

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistOriginally Posted By: Foxpro.223The homosexual marriage issue is leftists/globalists using it as a way to get support for votes, money, and to create division in society by making the gay people believe they're being oppressed while perverting the sanctity of one man and one woman marriage in the process. An attack on the family unit, American values, and morality.

Exactly.

+2
thumbup1.gif

Here's the way I see it. If FW is right and I'm wrong, then in the end I'm just gullible for believing in the all mighty.

BUT.....

If the believers are right and you're wrong then you're just screwed. And your continual rant does get old.

But I still like you, and that's why I don't play in the church. After all, it is the house of the lord.
thumbup1.gif

I believe same sex marriage is a perversion. I believe marriage is a religious ceremony just like a barmitzvah, 1st Communion, or baptism. I don't want or like the idea of gov't sticking their nose in my religious beliefs. I really don't care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their home, I believe God will judge them in the end. I still think they should just get domestic partnerships or a civil union. I also don't think married people should get any special benefits over single people, anymore than a baptized person should get legal privileges over non baptized, etc...

Originally Posted By: crapshoot
But I still like you, and that's why I don't play in the church. After all, it is the house of the lord.
thumbup1.gif

Which one?

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootHere's the way I see it. If FW is right and I'm wrong, then in the end I'm just gullible for believing in the all mighty.

BUT.....

If the believers are right and you're wrong then you're just screwed.

You’re making the assumption that those are the only two possible choices and outcomes.
Do you believe that there is only a Christian afterlife, or no afterlife at all?
You ever think both of us might be wrong?
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: crapshoot
thumbup1.gif

Which one?
grin.gif

An admission you are a polytheist fw?
unsure.gif

ADK, thanks for lining me back out. At least I had the preamble right.
I am not for gay marriage and would never vote that way. However, I still think that if that is what makes you happy, go for it
If a gay pair walked into our church I would still shake hands and welcome them like I do everyone else. There are some serious fractures in the morals of this country and the world in general.

Lets see
Abortion
Rape
Murder
Drug abuse
Drunkenness
Vulgar language
Adultery
Greed
Etc.

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223The homosexual marriage issue is leftists/globalists using it as a way to get support for votes, money, and to create division in society by making the gay people believe they're being oppressed while perverting the sanctity of one man and one woman marriage in the process. An attack on the family unit, American values, and morality.

Dang!
Why the heck doesn’t the Church write some new laws on morality and put a stop to all of that garbage??
They could burn a few of those gay folks at the stake and nip it in the bud.

Oh, wait....

They don’t get to do that anymore.

Back