Ruger 17 Hornet

Originally Posted By: huntsman22
IMG_2204-1.jpg

Aw, he looks sooooooo peaceful
lol.gif

Huntsman, did you do any trigger work on your gun.And is the other feller loading trailboss for an HMR comparison? I have a 2011 77/22 and the trigger is heavy.It is my understanding that the rimfire, Hornet, and 77/44/357 triggers are all the same basic setup. Would the other fellow please give details on the trigger job on his rifle.

Yeah, I brought the trigger down from over 6 lbs to 2 lbs by some judicious stoning of the sear and trigger, and clipping a coil off the spring. Ruger triggers are easy to fix.....

Huntsman, I am afraid to mess with sear/trigger surfaces other than polishing.I have found that Brownell's offers a reduced tension spring for the 77/xx series of rifles.In your opinion would this help me without getting in over my head?

It won't help enuff..... Look into buying the volquartson sear and spring replacement then. Really, the ruger triggers are easy. I use a hard arkansas stone to reprofile trigger angle and engagement. No polishing necessary, afterwards. If you take it slow, and check it often, you'll be ok. here's a link. look at the pics...

http://www.centerfirecentral.com/77trigger.html

Huntsman, do you use a fixture to hold the trigger/sear or a jig, or do you just do it by hand? I'll leave you alone now...For a while...

Last edited:
I made a slotted wooden jig(don't laugh, it worked), clamped the parts in how I wanted them(one at a time), and drug the jig along the stone until the desired results were obtained.

There you go with those Ruger SS pics..again......g..damm...that's a goooooood looking rifle.....Son of a Ruger!!!

Now I'm really sick....

I'll trade you for a blued Rem 700 Vtr.....17 Fireball....

Originally Posted By: huntsman22Hail Mary, mother of Grace......

IMG_2350crop.jpg

Hail Mary shot on that one, or what are you trying to say here HM22??? LOL!!! You're a killer for sure!

Huntsman~

Ain't heard from ya in a while. Are you still piling up little critters with that Ruger .17 HH of yours? I'd really like to hear some more in-field experiences with that little rifle of yours.

Back