Ron Paul is NOT out of the race

Quote:
Huckleberry is not a fiscal conservative. He's a congenial Baptist preacher and a great orator because of it.

Critics were acusing Mitt Romney about being slick, but I think he just didn't do as good a job hiding it as Huckleberry does. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

X2!!!!

I see no difference between McCain, Huckster, or Mitty. None of them hit me as a traditional conservative, more like whatever they need to be to get in office.

Quote:
Quote:
Huckleberry is not a fiscal conservative. He's a congenial Baptist preacher and a great orator because of it.

Critics were acusing Mitt Romney about being slick, but I think he just didn't do as good a job hiding it as Huckleberry does. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

X2!!!!

I see no difference between McCain, Huckster, or Mitty. None of them hit me as a traditional conservative, more like whatever they need to be to get in office.

The diffrence for me is Mitt Romney is for same sex marriage.I could't have voted for him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
I couldnt care less about it. I try to worry about the REAL problems.

It will become a real problem when you have to face God about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Hey what two fags/lesbos do with their own time is their business. Not mine, or the governments.

When God asks you what did you do to help these people to heaven is this what your going to tell him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.....I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

I will tell him that they are human beings that are capable of making their own descisions. I am not in the business of converting gays to straight. Its also not the governments job, Plain and simple. It shouldnt even be in the conversation.

Quote:
I will tell him that they are human beings that are capable of making their own descisions. I am not in the business of converting gays to straight. Its also not the governments job, Plain and simple. It shouldnt even be in the conversation.

Thats to bad that you don't want to help such people get to heaven.When you don't inform people and don't try to help people get to heaven its just like you are turning Jesus away from you.You don't care that those people are in mortal sin but can be saved through the grace of God?It is all ours business to help other people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You guys just refuse to hear it, but you need to come up with reason other than God for legislation. This is not a theocracy.

Quote:
You guys just refuse to hear it, but you need to come up with reason other than God for legislation. This is not a theocracy.

Why I have the best reason in God.We will all have to answer to him.Just a clue, but even the people in legislation are going to have to answer to God /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes but the position of power that they have doesnt include telling people what sexual orientation they can be. It is not a government problem. It is a social/moral issue.

jwp is right on this. We have a 1st ammendment prohibition on a state establishment of religion for a reason.

it is NOT the govt's job to save people's souls, period. If it starts trying to do that, I for one will gladly take up arms against it & do what I swore to do 28 years ago: Protect & defend the constitution of the United States of America.

This nation is not a theocracy & a large part of its population are NOT christians, do not share those beliefs & couldn't give a monkey flip into a pile of mud for them. Nor do they have to, they have that freedom.

You are free to worry about your soul all you want, just leave mine the frick alone & we'll get along fine. Get pushy with me & we'll have a great fight, because I will not tolerate such uninvited intrusion into my private, personal business. Set the govt after me in such a way & I will engage in defensive warfare.

My religion, my faith, my soul, are all my business & I will do what it takes to keep it that way.

Quote:
Yes but the position of power that they have doesnt include telling people what sexual orientation they can be. It is not a government problem. It is a social/moral issue.

Sexual orientation....Thats a nice little way to make a mortal sin into a nicer sounding thing.Guess its ok so long as you make it sound nicer.If I'm not mistaken in most states it is against the law to have sex with the same sex person so it is both a government and social/moral issue and even more important a issue with God.

Quote:
jwp is right on this. We have a 1st ammendment prohibition on a state establishment of religion for a reason.

it is NOT the govt's job to save people's souls, period. If it starts trying to do that, I for one will gladly take up arms against it & do what I swore to do 28 years ago: Protect & defend the constitution of the United States of America.

This nation is not a theocracy & a large part of its population are NOT christians, do not share those beliefs & couldn't give a monkey flip into a pile of mud for them. Nor do they have to, they have that freedom.

You are free to worry about your soul all you want, just leave mine the frick alone & we'll get along fine. Get pushy with me & we'll have a great fight, because I will not tolerate such uninvited intrusion into my private, personal business. Set the govt after me in such a way & I will engage in defensive warfare.

My religion, my faith, my soul, are all my business & I will do what it takes to keep it that way.

Sure can't argue with that, it is none of the governments business what anyone believes. Millions have died who refused to believe what the government told them to. I may end up one of them.

greg, you believe whatever you want to, that is NOT the issue here.

The issue is what laws do you pass & by what right do people force their beliefs on another who DOES NOT WANT THEM TO?

I have the political & religious freedom to be left alone to sort these things out for myself. If I need or want help I can ask for it, but I [beeep] sure will not have it forced on me.

How would you like it if muslims started demanding we pass laws for the sole reason that "it's what Allah demands" & point to scripture in the koran to back it up? You don't share those beliefs, correct? I think I'm on safe ground saying that any serious attempt to force you live under islamic law here & accept islamic beliefs yourself would be met with whatever resistance you could bring to bear.

Well, it's not different with your faith, either. Doesn't matter whether I share your faith or not, it is not the business of the govt to force it on me, period.

Okay, maybe getting off the gay issue...Let me, a very simple person, tell you the problem I have with Ron Paul. He has idiots campaigning for him. No one, not a radio show host, or a Joe Blow from Idaho, wants to be harrassed on the street by a bunch of odd/angry guys and gals with propaganda about turning off the tv.

I took my wife and 6 yr old son to Salt Lake this last weekend to see a basketball game. The RP supporters were WEARING lighted posters, playing drums, screaming at everyone trying to cross the road, pushing pamphlets in everyone's faces. Then we pass a brand new SUV with RP support phrases and anti Bush propaganda painted on it playing unearthly loud music with a bunch of these same people smoking cigarettes and apparently drinking beer (mind you I have no problem with folks doing whatever they want, I just didn't feel the image was appropriate for what they were trying to accomplish), while handing out pamphlets. This image combined with the video of his supporters chasing the radio guy around have me really turned off of Ron Paul. I don't care if he personally came in and killed a bunch of wolves, gave me a free rifle, and waived my taxes for 6 months; what is done in his name is the same as being done by him in my mind if he doesn't speak out against it. I guess I'm just a simple guy.

Quote:
Quote:

Sure can't argue with that, it is none of the governments business what anyone believes. Millions have died who refused to believe what the government told them to. I may end up one of them.

I disagree with you.I am not getting pushy at all but just stating facts.If people such as yourself don't like the truth then that is your choice.I for one hope and pray that abortion and gay rights and other mortal sins are outlawed.I believe in all my God given rights such as having domain over animals for food and clothing.I will fight for my god given rights to the death.Anyone coming after me better make sure any shot they get in better count if you know what I mean.

Quote:
greg, you believe whatever you want to, that is NOT the issue here.

The issue is what laws do you pass & by what right do people force their beliefs on another who DOES NOT WANT THEM TO?

I have the political & religious freedom to be left alone to sort these things out for myself. If I need or want help I can ask for it, but I [beeep] sure will not have it forced on me.

How would you like it if muslims started demanding we pass laws for the sole reason that "it's what Allah demands" & point to scripture in the koran to back it up? You don't share those beliefs, correct? I think I'm on safe ground saying that any serious attempt to force you live under islamic law here & accept islamic beliefs yourself would be met with whatever resistance you could bring to bear.

Well, it's not different with your faith, either. Doesn't matter whether I share your faith or not, it is not the business of the govt to force it on me, period.

Maybe I am missing something here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, I am agreeing with you.

Back