Ron Paul is a Numbskull!

This is a quote from (Albert Einstein's) statement:

"The political right, unfortunately, has fallen into the same trap in its calls for quick legislative solutions to gun violence. If only we put armed police or armed teachers in schools, we’re told, would-be school shooters will be dissuaded or stopped.
While I certainly agree that more guns equals less crime and that private gun ownership prevents many shootings, I don’t agree that conservatives and libertarians should view government legislation, especially at the federal level, as the solution to violence. Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets. We cannot reverse decades of moral and intellectual decline by snapping our fingers and passing laws." Ron Paul

http://paul.house.gov/:

Einstein's solution for school shootings is to restructure America's society? How long does he think that will take? Does he intend to make that happen 'BEFORE' we lose our guns? The genius refers to the NRA's proposal as a "quick legislative solution"? I think the NRA has been thinking about the problem of rampant school shootings much longer than Einstein has.

I actually think that Ron Paul is spot on but then again I am an unapologetic Libertarian. Why do we want more gov't control over our daily lives? Why is the Federal Gov't even involved in our education in the first place?

Originally Posted By: jinxed247I actually think that Ron Paul is spot on but then again I am an unapologetic Libertarian. Why do we want more gov't control over our daily lives? Why is the Federal Gov't even involved in our education in the first place?

You and the other Paulbots on the Board(all 4 of you)don't have a clue as to how bad government control can get. If someone doesn't stop these school shootings soon,that government control will be banging on your door.

Originally Posted By: ADKOriginally Posted By: jinxed247I actually think that Ron Paul is spot on but then again I am an unapologetic Libertarian. Why do we want more gov't control over our daily lives? Why is the Federal Gov't even involved in our education in the first place?

You and the other Paulbots on the Board(all 4 of you)don't have a clue as to how bad government control can get. If someone doesn't stop these school shootings soon,that government control will be banging on your door.

Are you implying that we should continue to vote the republican party line so we can find out?

From where I sit, only us paulbots are willing to point out the travesty happening right in front of our faces by the people whom we are registered to vote for. And you call us fools. Come on guy, it's painfully obvious we see the writing on the wall a lot clearer than most of the people on here do.

Kids,try to remember what this thread is about. We are talking about the N.R.A.'s proposal for reducing shootings in our schools. Please stop going off on tangents about how Libertarians will save the nation and how evil the Republicans are. Focus!
sleep.gif

I give up AZ. This is worse than trying to have an intelligent conversation with a liberal. Are all Libertarians like this?
bored.gif

Ummm....being in the military gives me a pretty good idea about how bad government control can get. That's why I want nothing to do with a solution from Washington.

As far as character attacking you are no worse than a liberal, which is basically the new Republican Party, throwing insults out when the status quo isin't met or agreed with. That's why nothing will ever get done in this country.

Slow down a bit there jinxed. I don't believe anyone was directly speaking of you yourself in a derogatory manner. You seem to have been a level headed guy in your posts, at least in my opinion. This stuff has a history around here and maybe you've missed some of the childishness that has been dished out, not by libertarians but but paulinistas. I think most of the members agree with much of the libertarian platform. Not all, but much of it. By the same token most agree with much of the Republican platform but not all of it either. There really is no party platform where one size fits all. Most of us were able to surmise that RP never stood a chance on being elected, he simply had too many looney ideas. We believe that it's a fools errand to run around thumping your chest, claiming your viewpoint is the only correct one out there, like those people did who were being referred to in this thread. As you can see from this thread and others, they no longer have any credibility here and their childish antics attract animosity and anger. RP's thoughts or actions are no longer significant nor have any value and the same is true of Romney. Both men have had their chance at stardom and failed miserably. The mold is set and we all have to find some way to survive the reign of terror over the next four years. I think we all realize that with more takers than makers we may well be doomed, time will tell. You may feel a kinship with a couple of the constantly negative posters who have been singled out in this thread by virtue of your belief system and that's fine, it's certainly your business. However you might want to consider that should you wish to hang around the Church for a while and keep some semblance of credibility it may behoove you to not align yourself too closely to these constant sources of negativity and eccentric egos. That's a decision you'll need to make on your own, however your decision will make your time here harder should you choose the wrong path.

You say you agree mostly with the libertarian platform, and mostly with the republican platform, yet the libertarian platform consists of stopping the destruction on our constitution and bill of rights. I'm not going to say that is the exact opposite of the republican platform, but actions speak a [beeep] of a lot louder than words. And if you would just open your eyes for one minute and realize the republican party is not even trying to act like they give a [beeep] about the constitution or the bill of rights, and are working aggressively against the ideas you claim to believe in, then you'd turn into a different kind of a pain in the [beeep], kind of like I am. You may be sitting in your chair right now thinking to yourself my opinion is wrong about the republican party. But I'm not.

Fact, the republicans have stripped away our 4th amendment rights.

Fact, the republicans have stripped away our 6th amendment rights.

Fact, There is no law that is going to be passed attacking your second amendment rights. If there is, then you only have one group of people to blame. And that would be the house republicans.

ADK, this thread was made solely for the purpose of calling Ron Paul a numbskull. With only the intentions of trolling us who truly appreciate what that man has done for this country. And it worked. You got a rise out of me, because well... He implanted an idea into thousands and thousands of people, in which have been lost over the decades. That idea is freedom and liberty. Idea which you completely agree with, yet mock the people whom share it. (That last part isn't necessarily directed at you in full)

There are already other threads about what we can do in schools. If that was your purpose, then you were being redundant, and it wasn't necessary.

Last edited:
And did you really just tell Jinx that he better get along to get along? That's the same attitude that lost the republicans the presidency.

Originally Posted By: jinxed247Ummm....being in the military gives me a pretty good idea about how bad government control can get. That's why I want nothing to do with a solution from Washington.

As far as character attacking you are no worse than a liberal, which is basically the new Republican Party, throwing insults out when the status quo isin't met or agreed with. That's why nothing will ever get done in this country.

Well said,Jinxy...
thumbup1.gif

I think everyone here should read AZ's last post 'more' than one time. There is a great deal of wisdom in his words.

+1
thumbup1.gif

Wait a minute az...I think that you contradicted yourself with your own statement. I simply agreed with Ron Paul's statement then I get lumped into a "Paulbot" rant by ADK.

And I going to have to agree with Poleski on this one cause what I took from your statement was that I had better go along to get along. I reread your post several times and that's what I keep getting from it.

I usually agree with a lot of your posts AZ, but you essentially said that those with a different view point will not be tolerated and accused us of the negative posts but it was the Republican you's that started the mud slinging first and for what? Because we didn't totally agree with ADK's and apparently your, viewpoints? How does that work? You see that is precisely why I am a Libertarian. I don't and will never vote or base my decision off of a party line. I have noticed a trend among Democrats and Republicans...that you have to be either or your opinion doesn't matter.

How do we, as a country, have the right to critcize other countries for their political systems when we essentially only have two because if you aren't a lemming toeing one particular parties line, then you are an outcast and your words get drowned out by a left leaning media and a right wing censorship. I can't even vote in my States primaries because I am not a Democrat or Republican...how is that democratic? Now, apparently, I can't even say that I agree with someones opinion without mud being slung because it differs from the originators.

Jinxed my friend you absolutely missed every key point in my post. You let the troll give you his opinion of what I said and as usual he's full of sh#t. I was offering some friendly advice to a young man who has not had the benefit of seeing the long running and gunning trollfest here. I could care less who you vote for or who's platform you choose. It's all in the attitude and in your face stupidity shown by a few trolls here. I too was at one time a hot blooded young man who lacked the worldly experience to be able to put together the big picture. I appreciate your military experience, and while that most often helps one along the path to gaining a vision of the world, it in no way equates to the actual experience needed to see the big picture. Sadly that takes years and years of making every mistake in the books and learning from those mistakes to truly begin to understand the jumbled up chaos we call the world. And you can believe me when I say most likely you will never live long enough to make as many mistakes as I have. I would venture to say that most of the members here have had the experience of struggling to raise kids and teach them right from wrong and how to somehow make it through life with the least amount of pain. And regardless of that toil and worry these same guys have resigned themselves to the fact that around the age of 18-19 something goes haywire in the young skulls full of mush and suddenly they know everything there is to know and you know nothing. At that point most of us have said that now would be a good time for you to go out into that world you know everything about and show us how to do it right. Scientific studies have shown that young brains do not fully mature until around the age 25-26 and begin to start realizing their full potential. I'm sure you've seen it in some of those around you that seem to be crazy in some manner. They don't have a clue that they're the ones out of step, they believe they're normal, well it's the same in every child growing up. In their world they're the only ones who get it, every one else is stupid. Then one day, in most of their minds, not all, a light starts to burn a little brighter each day and suddenly they see they were wrong all along. Sadly some folks, like our trolls, seem to take a much longer time to see that light and in fact some never do.

So my point to you was that you seem to be a reasonably bright young man and I hope you would sit back and more closely assess what you perceive as disrespect. I happen to know ADK quite well and know that he was not referring to you. You simply got sucked in to the chaos that these trolls gleefully bring to these threads. The fact that you have some of the same beliefs does not require that you join their little misery club and become one of them. You profess to be your own man and not a follower, I believe you and was simply giving you a nudge, a friendly reminder that it might not be a fun ride joining their little pity party. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe you crave their kinship, that's a choice you have to make. We don't dislike them because of their beliefs, however misdirected they may be, regardless of what they say. We dislike them because they are too ignorant to realize that the mush in their skulls has not firmed up yet and they are determined to get in yo face. There are lots of forums out there where folks in the same stage of adolescence as they can pound their chests and make believe they know all there is to know about everything, yet they come here simply to stir the pot. Again, they have no credibility, we laugh at them not with them, we pity them. My point was not to go along with anything other than making an attempt to learn from those who have gone before you and hope to pass along a little enlightenment gained from our own mistakes.

And as far as "experience" I have more than plenty after having lived around this country and the world. I don't doubt that I do not know the regular trolls that appear on the boards from time to time but it seems like an aweful lot of work for somebody to have registered in Sep of this year and having over a 100 posts already.
[beeep], I have been registered since '07 and only have 772 well 773 after I post this. Moving and wars have kept me from contributing as much as I would like.

Back