RCBS Charge Master users

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeGot a call back from RCBS. I was given a few things to try and look for, that had been not brought up yet. All based on trapped static inside the unit.

Stay tuned....

Have you checked to see if there is a powder kernel down in the platen stem hole?

Checked for powder, only saw a few pieces of flake powder, blew them out with a light blast of air.

Feet are not tight.

Did what she asked x2 and not it's worse !
cry.gif

LOL !
Kevin you reading my mind. I was just wondering what my next step was. I like to measure all my rifle loads and don't have the patience for a 505 or the likes.

So I need a powder measure and a scale. What's your scale choice ?

Originally Posted By: reb8600I had an RCBS scale that started fluctuating and wouldn't stay zeroed. I finally bounced it off the floor a couple times and never had the problem again.

Getting closer to it.
scared.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: reb8600I had an RCBS scale that started fluctuating and wouldn't stay zeroed. I finally bounced it off the floor a couple times and never had the problem again.

Getting closer to it.
scared.gif

It sure made me feel better afterwards!!

I have never had a problem with mine. My reloading bench is in my garage on a very stable bench. My garage is heated during the winter to 59 degrees. I live in a very dry climate so static electricity is the norm here. I do have powder stick because of static electricity on the inside of the powder cylinder at times but it has never caused me a problem. Not sure what I am doing different but mine works great and I would not want to go back to a manual scale if I did not have to.

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: cherokeetrackerMoist air is denser...

But let's go back to the answer. Air can be heavier (because of moisture)

Exactly the opposite is true. Humidity reduces air density, all else (pressure, temperature) being equal.

Dry air is heavier.

- DAA

You are correct!! Thank You

Charles

I worked many years calibrating weighing equipment,changing humidity can cause drifting or zero shift. AC power that is not stable can be a problem and I have seen a power supply pickup shortwave radio signals. Most weighing electronic components required sealing, especially the processing or display board.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeLOL !
Kevin you reading my mind. I was just wondering what my next step was. I like to measure all my rifle loads and don't have the patience for a 505 or the likes.

So I need a powder measure and a scale. What's your scale choice ?

Lots of options out there for scales so i would say depending on what you can afford! I've been using the GemPro and it has worked very well for my needs. I have and do use a RCBS 10/10 that I've had for over 40 years for some Hunting rifles but use the Gempro for all the long range rigs!

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeWithout looking it up, I'd say around 6 years old.

ok so its not a dinosaur, but its not exactly new either.

have you contacted RCBS back after their designated testing that failed?

Has less than 10# of powder ran in it.

I have an email to the same rep ,so I don't have to call now. Told them it's worse now. Response was to try a diff power outlet. Going to take it to work tonight.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Dunno... We're talking powder charge here. Pretty straightforward, simple, quick, easy operation, using ancient tools and tech. I'd have been rid of that effing thing way before putting as much effort into it as you have.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAADunno... We're talking powder charge here. Pretty straightforward, simple, quick, easy operation, using ancient tools and tech. I'd have been rid of that effing thing way before putting as much effort into it as you have.

- DAA

Hard to throw away hard earned money,when it don't come easy. Being that I repair things everyday for a job, it's hard not to want to figure it out.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeHas less than 10# of powder ran in it.

I have an email to the same rep ,so I don't have to call now. Told them it's worse now. Response was to try a diff power outlet. Going to take it to work tonight.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

do you have a UPS on your computer?

if so i'd plug it into that for some testing

a good true sine wave UPS should help significantly eliminate any weird voltage things coming through your outlet

Back